Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Capitalism, A Love Story

21 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Just finished watching this movie...moore was pretty on target, at least as far as the collapse goes, but it was very surface level. he talks about a lot of the stuff Jones does too, which i found funny. the second half was garbage. it was very partisan, which wasn't surprising. i would disagree that capitalism is the cause of the recent financial collapses, and mishandling of money. i would place the blame on corruption within the system.

anyone else see this movie? opinions?

Posted · Report post

Yes I liked the partisan part where Clinton was responsible for the whole thing, and the partisan part about how only the Republicans voted for the bailout.

Posted · Report post

i would place the blame on currpution within the system.

The god damn currpution.

Posted · Report post

Just finished watching this movie...moore was pretty on target, at least as far as the collapse goes, but it was very surface level. he talks about a lot of the stuff Jones does too, which i found funny. the second half was garbage. it was very partisan, which wasn't surprising. i would disagree that capitalism is the cause of the recent financial collapses, and mishandling of money. i would place the blame on currpution within the system.

anyone else see this movie? opinions?

Yeah...greed had nothing to do with it. It was all capitalism's fault. :rolleyes:

Posted · Report post

The god damn currpution.

hahaha

Posted · Report post

I saw it. I thought he was pretty accurate, minus the whole bailouts = capitalism angle.

I think he took it easy on Obama for the simple fact that Obama hadn't had a chance to do anything at that time. If there's a follow-up to this, hopefully Moore tells it like it is and rips Obama a new one.

Posted · Report post

6a00d83451af9f69e20120a5604824970c-500wi

1-jabba-moore.jpg

michael-moore2.jpg

Posted · Report post

6a00d83451af9f69e20120a5604824970c-500wi

1-jabba-moore.jpg

michael-moore2.jpg

RoLF those pics are so ugly hahaha

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Capitalism with goverment oversight, particularly in the financial sector, is best.

Posted · Report post

Capitalism with goverment oversight, particularly in the financial sector, is best.

thats kinda hard when the government is in bed with the corporations. i mean, the entire executive is branch is made up of wall street.

Posted · Report post

A relative of mine is interviewed in that movie: Rep Marcy Kaptur from Ohio. She is one of the smartest women in politics (and is the kind of woman who should get a VP nod over a hockey mom like Palin).

I haven't seen the film yet, but I know her stance. Watch this one from the bailout; I love it.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Bu-but-but-bbbbbut Ayn Rand! Ayn Rand! Ayn Rand is the only way for true capitalism and she said that there must be NO govt oversight! Ayn Rand, Ayn Rand, Ayn Rand, Ayn Rand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!eleven!!!!!!!!