#1 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,911 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 19 April 2010 - 08:05 PM

Just finished watching this movie...moore was pretty on target, at least as far as the collapse goes, but it was very surface level. he talks about a lot of the stuff Jones does too, which i found funny. the second half was garbage. it was very partisan, which wasn't surprising. i would disagree that capitalism is the cause of the recent financial collapses, and mishandling of money. i would place the blame on corruption within the system.

anyone else see this movie? opinions?

Edited by venom, 19 April 2010 - 09:58 PM.

#2 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,396 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 08:53 PM

Yes I liked the partisan part where Clinton was responsible for the whole thing, and the partisan part about how only the Republicans voted for the bailout.

#3 PanthersFanNY

PanthersFanNY

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 08:55 PM

i would place the blame on currpution within the system.

The god damn currpution.

#4 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

• HUDDLER
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 09:29 PM

Just finished watching this movie...moore was pretty on target, at least as far as the collapse goes, but it was very surface level. he talks about a lot of the stuff Jones does too, which i found funny. the second half was garbage. it was very partisan, which wasn't surprising. i would disagree that capitalism is the cause of the recent financial collapses, and mishandling of money. i would place the blame on currpution within the system.

anyone else see this movie? opinions?

Yeah...greed had nothing to do with it. It was all capitalism's fault. :rolleyes:

#5 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,911 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 19 April 2010 - 09:58 PM

The god damn currpution.

hahaha

#6 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • 10,854 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 12:04 AM

I saw it. I thought he was pretty accurate, minus the whole bailouts = capitalism angle.
I think he took it easy on Obama for the simple fact that Obama hadn't had a chance to do anything at that time. If there's a follow-up to this, hopefully Moore tells it like it is and rips Obama a new one.

#7 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

• HUDDLER
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 12:11 AM

http://peacemoonbeam...04824970c-500wi

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,911 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:19 AM

http://peacemoonbeam.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451af9f69e20120a5604824970c-500wi

Posted Image

Posted Image

RoLF those pics are so ugly hahaha

#9 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,505 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:28 AM

Capitalism with goverment oversight, particularly in the financial sector, is best.

#10 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,911 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:55 AM

Capitalism with goverment oversight, particularly in the financial sector, is best.

thats kinda hard when the government is in bed with the corporations. i mean, the entire executive is branch is made up of wall street.

#11 Captroop

Captroop

Pronounced, "Cat Poop"

• HUDDLER
  • 4,881 posts
  • LocationNot Telling... CatofWar might find me.

Posted 20 April 2010 - 11:25 AM

A relative of mine is interviewed in that movie: Rep Marcy Kaptur from Ohio. She is one of the smartest women in politics (and is the kind of woman who should get a VP nod over a hockey mom like Palin).

I haven't seen the film yet, but I know her stance. Watch this one from the bailout; I love it.

You have perpetrated the greatest financial crimes ever on this American Republic. You think you can get by with it because you are extraordinarily wealthy, and the largest contributors to both presidential and congressional campaigns in both major parties.

Always keep in mind the goal is to privatize gains to a few, and socialize losses to the many.

#12 Delhomeboy

Delhomeboy

Wage Slave

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 11:36 AM

Bu-but-but-bbbbbut Ayn Rand! Ayn Rand! Ayn Rand is the only way for true capitalism and she said that there must be NO govt oversight! Ayn Rand, Ayn Rand, Ayn Rand, Ayn Rand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!eleven!!!!!!!!

#13 Khyber53

Khyber53

I'm a believer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 11:54 AM

Ayn Rand, that little toad is the Machiavelli of economics... don't blame the businessmen for their ethics because what they do is amoral... yada yada yada. Blech.

I'm all for capitalism, but every action has its consequences. Rand allows those who see themselves as "producers" to look down on anyone they wish as a "moocher" rather than as a person who contributes to society as well. It absolves the a**hole of the need to be wiped clean once in a while, if you understand.

#14 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,911 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 20 April 2010 - 12:17 PM

Bu-but-but-bbbbbut Ayn Rand! Ayn Rand! Ayn Rand is the only way for true capitalism and she said that there must be NO govt oversight! Ayn Rand, Ayn Rand, Ayn Rand, Ayn Rand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!eleven!!!!!!!!

hahaha government "oversight," what a joke.

#15 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,967 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 12:43 PM

Ayn Rand, that little toad is the Machiavelli of economics... don't blame the businessmen for their ethics because what they do is amoral... yada yada yada. Blech.

I'm all for capitalism, but every action has its consequences. Rand allows those who see themselves as "producers" to look down on anyone they wish as a "moocher" rather than as a person who contributes to society as well. It absolves the a**hole of the need to be wiped clean once in a while, if you understand.

rape fetishist sociopath and a horrible writer. how she became famous is beyond me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com