Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Capitalism, A Love Story

21 posts in this topic

Posted

Ayn Rand, that little toad is the Machiavelli of economics... don't blame the businessmen for their ethics because what they do is amoral... yada yada yada. Blech.

I'm all for capitalism, but every action has its consequences. Rand allows those who see themselves as "producers" to look down on anyone they wish as a "moocher" rather than as a person who contributes to society as well. It absolves the a**hole of the need to be wiped clean once in a while, if you understand.

1 person likes this

Posted

Bu-but-but-bbbbbut Ayn Rand! Ayn Rand! Ayn Rand is the only way for true capitalism and she said that there must be NO govt oversight! Ayn Rand, Ayn Rand, Ayn Rand, Ayn Rand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!eleven!!!!!!!!

hahaha government "oversight," what a joke.

Posted

Ayn Rand, that little toad is the Machiavelli of economics... don't blame the businessmen for their ethics because what they do is amoral... yada yada yada. Blech.

I'm all for capitalism, but every action has its consequences. Rand allows those who see themselves as "producers" to look down on anyone they wish as a "moocher" rather than as a person who contributes to society as well. It absolves the a**hole of the need to be wiped clean once in a while, if you understand.

rape fetishist sociopath and a horrible writer. how she became famous is beyond me.

Posted

Yeah, but Marx cheated on his wife and was an antisemite...

Freud was a complete fraud, his research next to worthless from a hard scientific standpoint....

Opinions are like bungholes, particularily those found on the internet.

I don't like Moore, since he is just as much a blowhard "do as I say, not as I do" as the rest of them.

He doesn't do documentaries, he does opinion pieces cut and pasted to his own leanings.

Posted

Yes I liked the partisan part where Clinton was responsible for the whole thing, and the partisan part about how only the Republicans voted for the bailout.

yea, and the omited partisan evidence that the "democrats" are also to blame for the bailouts, and how Soetoro continued these notions once he got elected, along with his selecting of prominent wall street individuals to fill his cabinet positions. moore made barry out to be some savior, when all we've gotten in washington since his inauguration is more of the same.

Posted

Moore did no such thing, he was not in office yet when filming stopped as far as I know. If you knew anything about Moore you would know that he's completely disappointed in Obama for not being more aggressive.

Posted

yea, and the omited partisan evidence that the "democrats" are also to blame for the bailouts, and how Soetoro continued these notions once he got elected, along with his selecting of prominent wall street individuals to fill his cabinet positions. moore made barry out to be some savior, when all we've gotten in washington since his inauguration is more of the same.

Um, Pelosi was the star of the bailout portion.

Somewhere, I tree just got sucked through a Froot Loop. I'm defending Michael Moore.

Posted

Moore did no such thing, he was not in office yet when filming stopped as far as I know. If you knew anything about Moore you would know that he's completely disappointed in Obama for not being more aggressive.

yea i was wondering about that. ok, i'll let it slide then haha.

Posted

Um, Pelosi was the star of the bailout portion.

Somewhere, I tree just got sucked through a Froot Loop. I'm defending Michael Moore.

yea ive found myself writing things about him i never dreamed would happen hahaha.