Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kurb

Race Hurting Draft Stock ?

32 posts in this topic

Gerhart should play the position he's suited for.... FB.... He can't be a RB in the NFL :P

Way to have a creative opinion, just regurgitate everything the media tells you to, lol (I'm assuming that was sarcasm). Gerhart will be a beast pared up to Sproles (I think the Chargers in the 2nd would be an ideal landing spot). He is a power RB that ran a 4.5 40 its not like hes slow just not fast. He is just as fast (most likely faster) then Bettis and he did outrun Blount easily.

Tob's runs more upright than Eddie George. His nfl shelf life is short

Tob's runs more upright than Eddie George. His nfl shelf life is short

I thought the same thing last night watching the replay of their game vs. Notre Dame on ESPNU...

...and damn if I wouldn't love to have Golden Tate...

We could trade our 2011 1st and Richard Marshall to move into the 1st and nab him

We could trade our 2011 1st and Richard Marshall to move into the 1st and nab him

I'm really thinking with teams reaching for The Golden Calf of Bristol, McCoy, and a lot of other players, Bryant and Tate slide through the first round...

Of course, that is a dream scenario for me... but you never know...

Also, to my knowledge, RM hasn't signed his tender yet, and we can't trade him until he does...

Also, to my knowledge, RM hasn't signed his tender yet, and we can't trade him until he does...

Wasn't there a deadline to sign it?

Wasn't there a deadline to sign it?

That deadline was for he and his agent to negotiate with other teams, and seek an offer elsewhere...

Now, only we can negotiate with other teams... but we can't trade him until he signs it, because technically he isn't under contract...

I asked the league about this via email, and here is the original email I sent and the response to it:

I was wondering if a team can trade the "rights" of a Restricted Free Agent whom has not signed his tender, or do they have to wait until the player signs their tender?

As per my understanding, up until the recent deadline, an RFA whom had not signed their tender from their original club could negotiate with other teams. Now, the only option is to sign the original team's tender or hold out.

Players must be under contract (which includes a signed tender) to be traded. Prior to the April 15 deadline, you are correct, RFAs were able to negotiate with other clubs.