Photo
- - - - -

Torry Holt to Patriots

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#31 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 20 April 2010 - 03:40 PM

In any other year and for many teams Torry Holt makes very good sense. It isn't as if he is washed up. He had 50 catches for 722 yards for an average of 14 yards per catch starting only 12 games. For me he isn't a great fit because we run alot and need receivers who can block well. Holt is more of a west coast guy and will do better on a team that passes the ball a lot like NE.

But surely it is a legitimate question and not worthy or ridicule or abuse.

#32 cookinbrak

cookinbrak

tastes like chicken...

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 20 April 2010 - 03:43 PM

Maybe you should keep your thoughts to yourself. There is a reason we didnt re-sign Moose. Once again....DUH!!!

Yeah, 'cause we're going cheap this year. Waiting on the "Scratch and Dent" sales.

#33 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

SUPPORTER

Posted 20 April 2010 - 08:35 PM

In any other year and for many teams Torry Holt makes very good sense. It isn't as if he is washed up. He had 50 catches for 722 yards for an average of 14 yards per catch starting only 12 games. For me he isn't a great fit because we run alot and need receivers who can block well. Holt is more of a west coast guy and will do better on a team that passes the ball a lot like NE.

But surely it is a legitimate question and not worthy or ridicule or abuse.

I am not so sure that Torry is a west coast guy, but certainly he would want to go to a team that would pass more i.e. Pats.

He has, to my knowledge never played in a true west coast offense.