Photo
- - - - -

rayzor's final mock (aka, another waste of time)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,299 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 02:02 PM

theme to this draft is speed and versatility. panthers are also wanting to improve STs and several of these players would make great additions in both returns and coverage.

two trades i see happening:
  • panthers 2011 1st rounder for the eagles 2010 37th(2nd round) and 121st(4th) overall.
  • panthers 175th(6th) overall to redksins for jason campbell

2nd round:

brian price (DT): bigtime explosive DT. huge upgrade in the interior. the guy is powerful and relentless and knows how to get in the backfield. if price is gone i could see us going for cody and getting a big ol' fatty in front of beason.

dexter mccluster (WR/RB/KR/X factor): gonna use the word explosive here for mccluster as well only he can go anywhere and be lethal. good at WR/RB/KR/wildcat QB (which we WILL use only less embarrassingly). mccluster is one of those guys who can have an instant impact from the moment he hits the field. he will be what goodson should have been. if goodson pans out, then good...we'll have two huge open field threats. i could see him being thrown in a trade, though.

3rd round:

eric decker (WR): yes, two WRs in a row. can you think of a decker is about as solid and NFL ready as you can get for a WR. not worried about the lis franc injury last year. panthers team doctor was the one that worked on his foot. sound familiar? another option here would be carlton mitchell who would bring really good size and a lot of spped to help as a deep threat...mitchell and mccluster going long with smitty in the slot....*drool*

4th round:
eric norwood (OLB): fast, powerful, versitile, and incredibly instinctive. great nose for the action. helps make a thinned out LB corps much better. dude would be great for special teams and could easily take diggs spot there. he's blocked 4 kicks as a gamecock and returned one of the blocked punts for 16 yards. we need someone who can do that.

austen lane (DE) or george selvie (DE): we need a fourth DE, preferably a pass rusher and here would be a good place to get him. i like both of these guys and would be happy with either one. both are really quick. lane has really impressive size and can easily get a bit bigger without slowing down. selvie seems like the prototypical meeks DE. an OOAL scenario would be to trade this pick to the giants for Osi.

6th round:
armanti edwards (QB/WR): panthers love him. he just wants to play football where ever he can. decent project as a QB, can have pretty immediate impact at WR and as a PR. big playmaker when he has the ball in his hands.

myron rolle (SS): we really need depth at SS and it would be hard to find one at this point better than rolle. it would be harder to find a more intelligent player than him. he'd be an upgrade in pass coverage and a good eventual replacement.

7th round:
thomas austin (OG/C): would help to solidify the interior OL depth. strongest position is OG but did well at center when asked to. did a good job of blocking for spiller. is solid in both pass and run blocking. really strong player... bench pressed 225lbs 33 times and has 206 career knockdowns.

nolan carroll (CB): started out in maryland as a WR and special teams player but after they figured out how good of an open field tackler he was they moved him to CB. he's still learning the position but he has a lot of potential. biggest area he can help in would be special teams.

#2 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,146 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 02:06 PM

I would do a cartwheel if that came true

#3 brandon_87

brandon_87

ooh wee mayne he dat deal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 02:32 PM

good prediction, it looks good to me, i'm not a fan of campbell but it would be good to have a decent back up and a project behind moore, and with moore under center, who knows how much we can improve the passing game with some new WR's

#4 SorthNarolina

SorthNarolina

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,407 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 02:37 PM

we wouldn't get any additional picks from the eagles, that high it would be straight up trade. We may possibly have to throw in a 6th or 7th. This draft is far deeper than what 2011 will be. 2011 picks aren't nearly as valuable as last years.

Edited by SorthNarolina, 22 April 2010 - 07:34 PM.
aren't

#5 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,299 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 04:42 PM

we wouldn't get any additional picks from the eagles, that high it would be straight up trade. We may possibly have to throw in a 6th or 7th. This draft is far deeper than what 2011 will be. 2011 picks are nearly as valuable as last years.

last year we got a 2nd and a 4th for our 1st which was supposed to be well into the 20s because expectations were a bit higher. not the same situation this year. people are anticipating that the panthers could likely have a pick in the top 10-15 next year. value of our first might be pretty high regardless of overall level of talent in that draft.

value of the trade seems pretty good to me.

if they don't like it, throw in goodson or give them our first and marshall for their early 2nd and a 3rd instead of a 4th.

#6 SorthNarolina

SorthNarolina

• HUDDLER
  • 6,407 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 05:37 PM

last year we got a 2nd and a 4th for our 1st which was supposed to be well into the 20s because expectations were a bit higher. not the same situation this year. people are anticipating that the panthers could likely have a pick in the top 10-15 next year. value of our first might be pretty high regardless of overall level of talent in that draft.

value of the trade seems pretty good to me.

if they don't like it, throw in goodson or give them our first and marshall for their early 2nd and a 3rd instead of a 4th.

A lot of underclassmen came out for this draft because of the labor uncertainties, and there is going to be a 2011 season then it isn't any better because then there will be a rookie pay scale. It's a lose-lose for underclassmen so they all came out this year. So this draft is very deep and rich in talent. 2011 is going to be pretty frail compared to this one.

So last year isn't a good example to base this year on. That high in the 2nd it's going to be a straight up trade at best.

#7 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,299 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 05:45 PM

you said 2011 picks are nearly as valuable as last year. this trade is better than last years.

#8 jramsey4

jramsey4

"Blisters on me Fingers"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 05:50 PM

Wow that had to be my favorite mock yet. Unlikely but would be awesome as hell.

#9 SorthNarolina

SorthNarolina

• HUDDLER
  • 6,407 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 07:34 PM

you said 2011 picks are nearly as valuable as last year. this trade is better than last years.

typo sorry, shouldn't post on my phone. I mean they AREN'T as valuable.

#10 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,299 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 08:34 PM

still a reasonable trade.

#11 SorthNarolina

SorthNarolina

• HUDDLER
  • 6,407 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 08:46 PM

still a reasonable trade.

the chart has been pretty dead on so far and your trade is just 8 points less than #32.

#12 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,963 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 10:09 PM

Given that I also want 2 wide receivers in our first 3 or 4 picks, this is bound to be way off. The Panthers never seem to do what I want them to do. I hope we are both right this year.:cheers2:

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com