Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kurb

Panthers Second Round Pick # 48 JIMMY CLAUSEN

44 posts in this topic

I like it. I know that we have big problems at WR and DT but I think we could have stole a franchise QB without the risk involved of drafting one in the early first round. Training camp just got a whole lot more interesting as we will have a real QB controversy. I would like us to find a way to get Tate too and this would be an awesome draft IMO.

I was in my car listening to this on Sirius. They were shocked (me too.) Adam Schein said this was an owner's pick, because the coach and the GM needed someone that could help now. He even said he felt sorry for them. Later they said that they found out that the Panthers started trying to move up to 33 to get Clausen, He was the guy all along.

I really really love this pick. Finally we have some real talent and competition at QB.

Most people before the draft wanted Gilyard at 48. It looks now like we have a good shot at getting him or another good WR in the 3rd, which would make this pick look even smarter.

When the college season ended and Clausen entered the NFL draft everyone wanted him but knew hands down we didn't have a chance for him. Now through the luck of the Draft Gods he fell in our lap. We didn't have to trade up for him, trade next years picks or any of our running backs. He fell to us.

Yes we needed a WR and DT but how can you pass on a possible FRANCHISE QB. in the second round.

I am happy with it.

I'm fine with the pick because we didn't trade up for him. We could still land Gilyard or Damian williams in the third.

I'm not unhappy with the pick... plus we got what looks like a decent WR in the 3rd...

Wow. I thought this was a huge steal. Not as much as the ESPN guys who basically pegged us for the Superbowl this year.

But a wonderful situation I think. I'm surprised at the doubters.