Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kurb

Panthers Third Round Pick #78 Brandon Lafell WR

32 posts in this topic

This was a good pick. He will can take the #2 WR position & get Armani Edwards as the slot. Jarrett can massage their (LaFell & Edwards) feet while the defense is on the field.

Even if Jarrett sucks, Fox will wait until he gets a mysterious toe injury in week 15 to start Lafell

Unfortunately you are probably right. Fox has always had a mental block when it comes to rookies (remember sticking with Foster instead of DeAngelo when it was obvious). There are many examples of this with Fox. He IS 'getting' better in this regard tho. I feel this is a major reason why he is even on the hot seat. Fox is a very good coach & we are lucky to have him. He just needs to pull the trigger a little quicker when guys prove themselves, IMO.

Unfortunately you are probably right. Fox has always had a mental block when it comes to rookies (remember sticking with Foster instead of DeAngelo when it was obvious). There are many examples of this with Fox. He IS 'getting' better in this regard tho. I feel this is a major reason why he is even on the hot seat. Fox is a very good coach & we are lucky to have him. He just needs to pull the trigger a little quicker when guys prove themselves, IMO.

keeping williams behind foster wasn't really that bad. Foster was still better in pass protection and williams wasn't as confident in his cutbacks or running with much power.

Keeping foster behind Davis was one of the crazier one's I can think of.

He reminds me of Moose. He can be taught better route running, but his body frame is necessary for the style of offense we run. He has what Jarett doesn't, and that's getting off the jam. He is physical and will be a great option. Within 2 years he should be a #1 WR.

Super aggressive and competitive --- Tough, powerful and physical - That's what separates him from DJ.

biggest difference between this guy and gilyard: no problem fighting through jams, a key imo to making him a legit #1 or #2 guy.

I love how he's confident without being cocky, Edwards is also.

I really like the pick after looking at his interviews.

The question is can he consistently catch the ball...droped passes have killed him

The question is can he consistently catch the ball...droped passes have killed him

The bigger ? is can he get separation. I really think all we did was draft a new shiny Jarrett and everyone on this board is falling all over him. Jarrett is really not as bad as people are making him out to be.