Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers Third Round Pick #78 Brandon Lafell WR

32 posts in this topic

Posted

Clausen, the former Notre Dame quarterback picked in the second round, looked sharp and accurate with his throws. LaFell, a wide receiver from LSU, dropped several passes. Edwards, the former Appalachain State quarterback-turned-receiver, showed very good, soft hands, catching most everything thrown to him.

http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/2010/04/lb-davis-returns-as-minicamp-opens.html

Posted

For some reason, he reminds me of a mix between Early Doucet and Dwayne Jarrett...

Posted

Lafell update

After dropping several passes Friday in Panthers’ minicamp practices, rookie receiver Brandon LaFell looked the part of a starter-to-be Saturday.

LaFell is a strong receiver with good size (6-foot-2, 211 pounds), but he also has a smooth stride and seems to move quickly through his routes.

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/05/01/1410714/brandon-lafell-panthers.html#ixzz0mjcMPISo

Posted

Thanks for the update. Glad to see he is having good flashes.. I just hope he can develop that consistently.

Posted

I read this

# Inconsistent hands in previous years

Does that mean this year he had good hands or had good hands one year?

I have high hope in our new WR coach and obviously see that our front office has faith in the coach also because we drafted 3 WRs and signed a few new ones. I saw also that LaFell had a bad QB which could have the effect of making LaFell look bad.

Posted

I read this

# Inconsistent hands in previous years

Does that mean this year he had good hands or had good hands one year?

I have high hope in our new WR coach and obviously see that our front office has faith in the coach also because we drafted 3 WRs and signed a few new ones. I saw also that LaFell had a bad QB which could have the effect of making LaFell look bad.

Regardless that suggests one thing to me. He has a lack of concentration.

If he has erratic hands from one year to the next, it could simply be him trying to do too much before securing the pass due to confidence from a previous season.

Posted

I can see why its soo hard to evaluate WR's, at times I believe in the kid and at times he looks like an over hyped wr who got lucky and had some big yac.

LSU qb wasnt good so that must be taken into account

Posted

New meat