Photo
- - - - -

Get on the phone NOW Hurney!!!!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 jramsey4

jramsey4

"Blisters on me Fingers"

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 06:52 AM

What a wacky 1st round. Look at all the talent that is still available.

Jimmy Clausen
Brian Price
Golden Tate
Everson Griffin
Taylor Mays

And I'm sure I'm missing a few. You can't tell me none of these guys are not worth a future 1st or at the least our 2nd and a future 3rd. I would love to get Price or Tate and wouldn't mind it for Clausen (I still can't believe he is still available). Price would bring a real pass rushing presence up the middle and Tate would be an excellent Smith 2.0.

#2 XClown1986

XClown1986

I'm a good clown

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,052 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 06:59 AM

Trade our first next year, another low pick next year, our second this year, and a 6th this year for the 2 Patriots 2nd rounders above us and a 4th this year. I would be ecstatic with that

#3 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 07:26 AM

What a wacky 1st round. Look at all the talent that is still available.

Jimmy Clausen
Brian Price
Golden Tate
Everson Griffin
Taylor Mays

And I'm sure I'm missing a few. You can't tell me none of these guys are not worth a future 1st or at the least our 2nd and a future 3rd. I would love to get Price or Tate and wouldn't mind it for Clausen (I still can't believe he is still available). Price would bring a real pass rushing presence up the middle and Tate would be an excellent Smith 2.0.

I would love Price, but I want Colt McCoy

Philly will grab Taylor Mays

#4 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • 3,904 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 08:22 AM

If you look at Rick Gosselin's final top 100 ranking, there were only two surprises in round one because 31 of his top 37 were drafted last night. The exception was The Golden Calf of Bristol (ranked #67) was taken early and Clausen (#14) was left on the board. Tyson Alualu and Kareem Jackson were both taken about 15-20 spots early but still were 1st round talents.

#5 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 7,218 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 08:28 AM

I say we trade down in the 2nd.

#6 jpniner

jpniner

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 08:32 AM

moving up to get Clausen has to be an option, if Moore sucks then we have the "most ready to start" NFL rookie QB atleast who will have trade value down road if Moore pans out.

#7 Cyclonus

Cyclonus

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 10:05 AM

With all the talent left, why trade up? Just stay and take the best player.

#8 thunderraiden

thunderraiden

Thunder God Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,782 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 12:42 PM

i think trading next years 1st would be great this year seeing as how there is so much first round talent in the 2nd round and having 2 picks would be sick

#9 jramsey4

jramsey4

"Blisters on me Fingers"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 02:03 PM

Price and Tate are the only ones I would trade up for and I doubt they both last too much longer. Especially when teams are ringing phones off the hook to try to get into the 1st 5 picks now that they have a full day to do it.

#10 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • 3,904 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 02:09 PM

Or course maybe we all have forgotten who is really calling the shots when it comes to our players, Big Cat. I'm betting that when it comes to giving up next years 1st to get another 2nd, Hurney may have his finger on the trigger tonight but JR has the safety on.

#11 RedMage138

RedMage138

YES!YES!YES!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 02:48 PM

Or course maybe we all have forgotten who is really calling the shots when it comes to our players, Big Cat. I'm betting that when it comes to giving up next years 1st to get another 2nd, Hurney may have his finger on the trigger tonight but JR has the safety on.

Why would JR have the safety on when he has so much to do with the potential lockout next year?

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com