Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Car123

Panthers draft Armanti Edwards

152 posts in this topic

Matt Jones with the Jaguars the first one that comes to mind.

Matt Jones was a good WR, but a better addict.....how is this a negative against drafting an athletic QB and turning him into a WR? If anything its an example of what drugs can do to a talented athlete.

I think most of you guys dont know what the heck your talkin about. ARMANTI EDWARDS is the real deal.

Matt Jones was a good WR, but a better addict.....how is this a negative against drafting an athletic QB and turning him into a WR? If anything its an example of what drugs can do to a talented athlete.

Thank you I didn't think Edwards was going too let crack stop him from being a good player.

No...he wasn't.

And please...let's stop overrating Randle El, Brad Smith, etc. like they're superstars or something :lol:

I really do hope that he comes on at KR/PR initially. Still feel like we got robbed though...

Edwards is a third round pick. If he can return a punt past the 20 consistently, it will have been worth the investment. If he throws ONE pass that goes for long yardage on a wildcat play, or gets a few first downs, it will have been worth the investment.

He's a playmaker. I feel good about this pick.

No...he wasn't.

Matt Jones had 65 receptions for 761 yards and 2 tds. Oh yeah he only played 12 games....

Moose had 53 receptions for 581 yards and 1 td.

What is a good WR mean to you, because Matt Jones was 180 yards and a td in 4 fewer games better than the Panthers #2 WR?

Matt Jones had 65 receptions for 761 yards and 2 tds. Oh yeah he only played 12 games....

Moose had 53 receptions for 581 yards and 1 td.

What is a good WR mean to you, because Matt Jones was 180 yards and a td in 4 fewer games better than the Panthers #2 WR?

Ok

Matt Jones-65 Rec., 761 yards, 2 Tds

Keary Colbert-47 Rec., 754 yards, 5 TDs

For a 1st rounder, I really wouldn't call that good production after 4 years in the league.

Using WR stats for our team last year is useless because we had Delhomme throwing the ball. Also, Moose was clearly over the hill last year. Was Matt Jones better than Moose last year? Probably. But, both weren't good WRs anyway.

If we can get a #2 that put up decent numbers like Moose did in 08, then I would qualify that as a good WR.

Ok

Matt Jones-65 Rec., 761 yards, 2 Tds

Keary Colbert-47 Rec., 754 yards, 5 TDs

For a 1st rounder, I really wouldn't call that good production after 4 years in the league.

Using WR stats for our team last year is useless because we had Delhomme throwing the ball. Also, Moose was clearly over the hill last year. Was Matt Jones better than Moose last year? Probably. But, both weren't good WRs anyway.

If we can get a #2 that put up decent numbers like Moose did in 08, then I would qualify that as a good WR.

For a 21st pick, Matt Jones is a flop, but to say he wasn't a good WR is obsurd. Had he not ruined himself he would have been a "good" WR. Would he have been a 21st pick WR? No.

Fact is he only played 12 games and only started 10 games in 2008 and had 65 catches for 761 yards. Moose in 2008 had 100 plus yards more than Jones, but played 16 games. After that comparison, you have to go back to 2004 to find a #2 WR on the Panthers that matched Matts numbers.

The point is he was not a flop as a WR he was a flop as a person. The original point made was that Matt Jones was a flop as a QB turned WR and that's not accurate. Even as a twisted cokehead he still did better than most of the Panther's #2 WRs stats since the Panthers have been in existence.....so if you're calling the guy out for not being a "good" WR, then you're wrong.

1 person likes this

Matt Jones with the Jaguars the first one that comes to mind.

Edelman in NE.....Cribbs in Cleveland.

Edelman in NE.....Cribbs in Cleveland.

Thank You MH. People need too understand that somtimes you draft playmakers because they are playmakers and have skills that translate too more then 1 position. By the way Boldin was a QB in college as was Ronald Curry. Both became solid WR.

Edwards is a third round pick. If he can return a punt past the 20 consistently, it will have been worth the investment. If he throws ONE pass that goes for long yardage on a wildcat play, or gets a few first downs, it will have been worth the investment.

He's a playmaker. I feel good about this pick.

this

• Topics

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    black-n-blue

1. 1
    2. 2
      SCP
      SCP
    3. 3