Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers draft Armanti Edwards

152 posts in this topic

Posted

i don't hate the guy. i think he can fit in and have value but we could have taken him in the 4th without giving up anything, especially a 2nd round pick!

i really thought we had traded up for Tarheel DT Cam Thomas. when i saw we had traded, i stood up just knowing after getting the second best QB in the draft at 48, then taking a WR, we had traded up to add Cam to the roster! but nooooo.....

hey, look on the bright side. WE HAVE A FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICK NEXT YEAR!!!!!

Posted

I mentioned this in another thread, but he could also be our 3rd string QB. His college stats are better than Cantwell's. So we could only carry 2 QBs this season so that we can carry more special teams guys that have a higher chance of seeing the field than Cantwell.

Posted

hey, look on the bright side. WE HAVE A FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICK NEXT YEAR!!!!!
The sad thing is, is that this really is a bright spot considering our recent history.

Posted

I mentioned this in another thread, but he could also be our 3rd string QB. His college stats are better than Cantwell's. So we could only carry 2 QBs this season so that we can carry more special teams guys that have a higher chance of seeing the field than Cantwell.

Maybe... but they listed him as WR when they announced his name as our 3rd pick. I see them using him as a KR/PR given his speed and moves... at least to start with.

Posted

Maybe... but they listed him as WR when they announced his name as our 3rd pick. I see them using him as a KR/PR given his speed and moves... at least to start with.

Just because he's listed as a WR doesnt mean thats the only position he can play. He has the ability to play QB and we dont have to carry 3 QBs on the roster because of that.

Posted

He has never played a down at receiver at any level in his life. He's never ran a single route competitively. He weighs like 175.

It's laughable and inexcusable to pick him this high and to give up a second rounder to do so. And I'm saying that as someone that really really liked Armanti at App.

Posted

Armanti Edwards = Josh Cribbs

Posted

I think this pick was a reach only because we gave up a 2nd. The pick and round was good but still it was a high price to pay. He will have to have a big impact to make up for what we gave up for him.

Posted

Armanti is so small he would make Drew Carter look like Kemo.

Posted

the only thing i'm upset with at this point is we're not gonna get trindon holliday later in all likelyhood. i've wanted him on our team since i saw him play years ago. i've waited patiently for him to go out for the draft knowing we've always needed a return man. oh well though, i'll take edwards any day. jonathan stewart is sitting at home like "wtf damn! when am i gonna get the ball now??" this offense has too many weapons. load 'em up. i'm ready for the season to start.

Posted

OMG OMG OMG

BEST draft ever! Armanti ROCKS....Panthers are gonna blow UP next year! WOOOT!!!

Posted

Horrid pick..