Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swarly

Panthers take Tony Pike

82 posts in this topic

Pike was pretty much an insurance pick. We finally have 3 legit QB's to choose from. One will be a back-up, the other a starter, and the last of the three will be traded for a pick in the years to come and we will get that pick back. Panthers are definitely addressing the QB and WR spots. Have to like that plus Eric Norwood is a beast!

3 legit QBs? We have zero...maybe 1 if you want to count Moore and his 8 NFL starts. Plus, we basically just ensured we won't have a vet to help show Clausen how to be an NFL QB. I like Moore but he isn't a vet to show young guys what to do....he still needs that veteran type player to assist him on the team.

I don't mind this pick at all. The reason I don't exactly like the Clausen pick was because I felt like Golden would have immediately made us contenders with Steve Smith. PLus I really like Matt Moore. LaFell, Edwards, and Gettis are all good picks with solid potential but I really felt like Tate was a sure fire answer to WR, in particular the answer that Steve Smith was looking for. Though I think Gettis and Edwards have the ability to be that too.

If you would have told me before this draft...that we would pick 2 QBs and 3 WRs...I would call you a peakin' idiot!

We got a guy with a 2nd to 3rd round grade in the end of the 6th. Why is everyone freaking out?

You must be new here.

THink of all the picks we will get when all these guys work out and we can trade them away!!!!!111

We got a guy with a 2nd to 3rd round grade in the end of the 6th. Why is everyone freaking out?
it's a good deal.

people have to decide if they are loyal to moore or to the panthers getting better.

we have had a pretty bad QB situation for a while and many thought we were winning in spite of jake but that ultimately he was holding the team back. great guy but that was the truth.

panthers now are in a situation to find their franchise QB and they now have 3 solid prospects to choose from. who doesn't get the job will still have value as a backup or trade bait.

whats the problem with that?

we complained about the FO and fox being too loyal to players but this season they have decided that the only thing that matters is getting a team that can win in the future. they have now a QB to anchor things on the offense.

throw loyalties to moore and individual players aside and look forward to the legit QB competition we now have.

2 people like this

Pike blows. Waste of a pick. Only a 6th round compensatory though so who cares.

I like the Ron Wolf method of taking a late round flier on a QB every year, honestly.

Seems like they clearly don't see Edwards as a QB, but rather a PR/KR and potential receiver

Seems like they clearly don't see Edwards as a QB, but rather a PR/KR and potential receiver

Duh. I don't think anyone is expecting him to be a QB in the NFL. He will be a slot receiver, return guy, and someone that you can run some serious 3rd in short gimmick plays.