Photo
- - - - -

Moving up to get Armanti Edwards?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
58 replies to this topic

#1 fitty76

fitty76

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 09:50 PM

I'm surprised there isn't more outrage about this pick. They traded next year's 2nd to draft a guy they could have gotten in the 6th round?

#2 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,475 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 09:51 PM

please tell me this is some kind of joke or sarcasm

#3 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

• HUDDLER
  • 2,743 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 09:55 PM

lol this is pretty much the reason why alot of people rank our draft as a B or C :lol:

#4 fitty76

fitty76

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 09:57 PM

You give up a 2nd round pick for a guy with no position? What exactly do you do with Edwards?

#5 Swarly

Swarly

MichaelJordanLaughing.gif

• HUDDLER
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 10:00 PM

You give up a 2nd round pick for a guy with no position? What exactly do you do with Edwards?

Posted Image

#6 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,566 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 10:00 PM

The same board that was clambering for us to use our second on Pat White last year is now angry that we used a second on a player that's better than Pat White.

#7 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,475 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 10:01 PM

here we go again. why not just bump the other 5 threads complaining ab this from last night

#8 ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

Insane Racist Moron

• HUDDLER
  • 6,492 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 10:01 PM

Remember all those "Sign Vick" or "Draft The Golden Calf of Bristol" threads? Remember how Davidson will throw out some useless experimental "Mildcat" play when we really need some production instead of a "hope to hell this works" situation?

Say hello to Armanti Edwards. Younger than Vick, more talented than The Golden Calf of Bristol, and makes all those "WTF?" plays suddenly something worth looking at. Probably a reach by trading away a future second rounder, but the upside is there.

If nothing else, we should all be sh*tfaced with joy because we suddenly have an answer for anyone who wants us to get a The Golden Calf of Bristol/Vick style player.

#9 fitty76

fitty76

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 10:02 PM

The same board that was clambering for us to use our second on Pat White last year is now angry that we used a second on a player that's better than Pat White.

I never wanted Pat White.

#10 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,967 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 10:03 PM

What would you say if we get that 2nd rounder back if Marshall (signs his tender) is traded and one of the many DBs drafted today steps in his spot and is as good or better?

Even if we don't get the 2nd back, I think a lot of people are going to act like this conversation never happened over the next few years as they are enjoying the view from Armanti's jock.

And I'm not an App St. guy.

#11 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

• HUDDLER
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 10:07 PM

Trick play guy...maybe?

#12 fitty76

fitty76

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 10:11 PM

Even Pat Y. questions the pick.

http://espn.go.com/b...raft-analysis-2

#13 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

• HUDDLER
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 10:36 PM

Where's KT when you need him? :P

#14 DT3428

DT3428

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 10:43 PM

Posted Image

my thoughts exactly. Edwards is a straight up athlete, we could put him in so many positions, he seems like a good pick with a lot of flexibility and upside

not to mention ST was a big need for us. Always has been, he might be the answer.

#15 theyhateme45

theyhateme45

360 GT = Shino45

• HUDDLER
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 10:49 PM

The same board where a few days ago I got blasted because I did not want the team to trade future draft picks because I was informed multiple times that.....

Draft picks don't matter next year because the draft class is weak!! Everybody declared this year and we also have the CBA agreement to worry about...

I hope none of those people are the angry one's on this board about giving up a #2 for him. :D

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com