Photo
- - - - -

Jimmy Clausen is an Alien Wizard

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
68 replies to this topic

#21 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 25 April 2010 - 09:24 AM

I really liked his lack of multiple interception games. That sure will be a relief from what we've had to suffer through the last couple of years.

#22 Fitz36

Fitz36

ROOKIE

Posted 25 April 2010 - 09:33 AM

so is this the so-called scuffle that HE initiated?

doesn't look that way to me...I read the background, but still, he didn't start it.

I remember that. They had just beaten Boston College in a close game (that shouldn't have been close). Clausen goes up to shake the guys handand the guy was still pretty emotional about the outcome, and he just gets in Jimmy's face and starts jaw jacking. Clausen did the absolute right thing....he didn't punch him like Legarrett Blount.....but he didn't just take the guy's shyt either, he pushed him out of his face and said, "Yeah, OK, whatever big man."

I've got no problem with that.

#23 RedMage138

RedMage138

YES!YES!YES!

HUDDLER

Posted 25 April 2010 - 09:39 AM

That was a nice read...for the half I read...but damn, the author needs to get a life. Unless he gets paid to do that (he didn't for that piece), writing that much about a kid in college is near stalker-level.

He owns the site and makes money for hits. When people like me spread his articles around and he gets hit, it makes money from ads.

#24 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 25 April 2010 - 09:43 AM

walterfootball is goony as hell

#25 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

SUPPORTER

Posted 25 April 2010 - 09:47 AM

I like him more after that clip

#26 theyhateme45

theyhateme45

360 GT = Shino45

HUDDLER

Posted 25 April 2010 - 09:57 AM

Excellent well written article on Jimmy boy.... Great read... thanks for the repost..

#27 Fitz36

Fitz36

ROOKIE

Posted 25 April 2010 - 09:59 AM

Here is something else Panther fans should know. Clausens numbers from his sophomore and junior year come from a situation where everyone in the stadium including the hot dog vendors KNEW Notre Dame had to throw. They had ZERO running ability. Teams were getting consistent pressure on him with THREE man rushes. Jesus Mahoney, even NAVY was getting consistent pressure and rushes on him.

So....in order to have anything other than TERRIBLE quarterback numbers, he had to pass faster, under more pressure and INTO more pressure than any QB in college football.

When the defense can send three men and get pressure and never have to worry about stopping your non existent run, that means that unless your Quarterback can thread the needle, you won't score any points and will probably get picked off all day long.

Clausen scored points and rarely threw picks even when there were five in the box and six playing the pass. He's not just a little better than Colt McCoy or The Golden Calf of Bristol....he is a LOT better.

I think he will be a better pro than Sam Bradford. Clausen has performed under siege and chaos. Conditions that QB's have to deal with in the NFL.

Putting up good QB numbers at Florida the past few years wasn't that tough. McLovin would look like a stud in that situation.

Try putting up big numbers with
A pass rush in your face,
No running game to fall back on,
A toe that's half way torn off from when your left guard whiffed again and let through another sack.
Double teams on your two primary receivers
Zero element of suprise

I'm not saying Clausen is a sure thing. No QB is a sure thing in the NFL.
I'm not saying he didn't let his ego show through before he did anything to back it up.

But of all the QB's in this draft, if you could put any of them under the same pressure situations with the same plays and personel to get out of it, Clausen would beat any of them. I'm sure of that. I would bet my house and borrow more.

#28 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

HUDDLER

Posted 25 April 2010 - 10:25 AM

walterfootball is goony as hell

It's always easier to attack the source than try and refute their arguments.

#29 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 25 April 2010 - 10:27 AM

It's always easier to attack the source than try and refute their arguments.

I'm not arguing with a single thing they've said, I'm saying it's written like a freshman comp sci major in an elective creative writing class.

#30 Wither

Wither

Relatively Unknown Poster

HUDDLER

Posted 25 April 2010 - 10:32 AM

I'm not arguing with a single thing they've said, I'm saying it's written like a freshman comp sci major in an elective creative writing class.

What's wrong with a computer science major?