68 replies to this topic

#61 PantherFan52

PantherFan52

The Man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 12:48 AM

Changing mechanics can be done - Brad Ziegler of the Oakland Athletics is now a submariner after failing as a conventional pitcher. It just takes a lot of time, effort and hard work.

Not something I want to spend a 1st round pick on.

Exactly my point. Why waste a first round pick on a developmental pick like The Golden Calf of Bristol. And taking Demaryius Thomas before Dez? Borderline retarded. That draft is Epic fail.

#62 Miaoww

Miaoww

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,730 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 01:19 AM

Thomas is another one that has a shed load of potential, but he's raw as hell.

Bryant's a strange one - he landed with the right team. The like their dickish WRs.

#63 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,713 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 09:54 AM

You know what's sad? No matter who starts at QB, the Clausen pick has already divided this board and our fan base more than ever. Bickering about a player is such a waste of energy and time. Sure I have my preference, but I'll support whoever throws the rock this season.

Just as long as Jarrett isn't thrown to. :wink:

I don't like the person, but he's our QB now so I'm pulling like hell for him. I may actually buy his jersey once it's up to make it easier :P

Anyone wanting any of our picks/players to crash has their priorities out of whack. Armanti seems to be getting more of that so far though.

#64 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,160 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:00 AM

I don't like ND, never have... so I have a built in bias against anything from ND - but with that being said, it's hard to argue with the FACTS presented in this writeup, Clausen is a great find for us and could end up being one of the biggest draft steals of all time.

#65 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,160 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:01 AM

I also remember how Dan Marino infamously slipped down the draft because of similar concerns about his attitude...

#66 capfolly

capfolly

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:03 AM

I also remember how Dan Marino infamously slipped down the draft because of similar concerns about his attitude...

That at the drug rumors.

#67 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,488 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 04:04 PM

You know what's sad? No matter who starts at QB, the Clausen pick has already divided this board and our fan base more than ever. Bickering about a player is such a waste of energy and time. Sure I have my preference, but I'll support whoever throws the rock this season.

Just as long as Jarrett isn't thrown to. :wink:

ah, what else is new.. seriously..

#68 Swarly

Swarly

MichaelJordanLaughing.gif

• HUDDLER
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 04:20 PM

that was 1 year, have you seen his other years?

7td's/6int's
25td's/17int's
28td's/4int's

incosistancy is a big thing in the NFL and that is not consistant

http://en.wikipedia....i/Jimmy_Clausen

uhhh okay? All I see there is that he progressed and became better.

Peyton Manning: 11td/6int -> 22td/4int -> 20td/12int -> 37td/11int
Philip Rivers: 25td/10int -> 16td/7int -> 20td/20int -> 34td/7int
etc, I could sit here and name tons of elite QB's who had shaky college seasons.

all that matters is he improved.

#69 Urrymonster

Urrymonster

• HUDDLER
  • 2,264 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 04:30 PM

uhhh okay? All I see there is that he progressed and became better.

Peyton Manning: 11td/6int -> 22td/4int -> 20td/12int -> 37td/11int
Philip Rivers: 25td/10int -> 16td/7int -> 20td/20int -> 34td/7int
etc, I could sit here and name tons of elite QB's who had shaky college seasons.

all that matters is he improved.

Frankly that is one of the things I like about him the most. It shows he is coachable, his hard work actually results in improvement and he pushes himself to get better.

You seriously can't take his college stats as a negative. He has the mechanics and the drive, to see that he is consistently improving is just a boon.

It's very rare a college QB plays every year with outstanding numbers, unless he is from a QB friendly scheme, or in a powerhouse team.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com