Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers UFA Signings

22 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Here are who we've signed so far after the draft, just in case anyone is interested.

PANTHERS

Ray Hisatake, OL, Hawaii

Kurtis Gregory, OG, Missouri

Rashawn Jackson, FB, Virginia

Blake Hauden, P, Minnesota

Andrew George, TE, BYU

Matt O'Hanlon, S, Nebraska

Mark Ortmann, OT, Michigan

Andre Neblett, DT, Temple

Kurtis Gregory, OL, Missouri

Aaron Pettrey, K, Ohio State

Oliver Young, WR, South Carolina State

from: http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/p/2010-nfl-undrafted-free-agents.html

Posted · Report post

What kind of contract do these guys get...some sort of training camp min salary contract or renewable 10 day contracts?

Posted · Report post

Nonguaranteed contracts with some form of signing bonus....small signing bonuses.

Posted · Report post

Here are who we've signed so far after the draft, just in case anyone is interested.

PANTHERS

Ray Hisatake, OL, Hawaii

Kurtis Gregory, OG, Missouri

Rashawn Jackson, FB, Virginia

Blake Hauden, P, Minnesota

Andrew George, TE, BYU

Matt O'Hanlon, S, Nebraska

Mark Ortmann, OT, Michigan

Andre Neblett, DT, Temple

Kurtis Gregory, OL, Missouri

Aaron Pettrey, K, Ohio State

Oliver Young, WR, South Carolina State

from: http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/p/2010-nfl-undrafted-free-agents.html

Anyone notice how our UDFA's almost never amount to anything? Maybe the fact that even this year out of all the big talent that was available we still went after no names. The only guy I had even heard of was Jackson. We can pick up someone else trash and polish it up and get Moore and Sutton but our UDFA's are almost always ST players at best.

Posted · Report post

Anyone notice how our UDFA's almost never amount to anything? Maybe the fact that even this year out of all the big talent that was available we still went after no names. The only guy I had even heard of was Jackson. We can pick up someone else trash and polish it up and get Moore and Sutton but our UDFA's are almost always ST players at best.

Pettrey was a very good kicker in college FWIW.

Posted · Report post

maybe because we've been pretty well stocked with talent since Hurney's been here.

Usually the UDFA's have to beat out a mid to late round guy or a 5 year vet. It's not easy for them to do that.

Posted · Report post

maybe because we've been pretty well stocked with talent since Hurney's been here.

Usually the UDFA's have to beat out a mid to late round guy or a 5 year vet. It's not easy for them to do that.

Thats not an issue when they turn into Matt Moore, Wes Welker, James Harrison, etc. You can find starter talent that goes Undrafted. We just can't.

Posted · Report post

Nebraska DB Matt O'Hanlon look's rather promising. Watch his highlights vs. Oklahoma.

Posted · Report post

'

I would guess 95+% of UDFA's don't make the league.

Posted · Report post

I was hoping we would pick up Rashawn Jackson... imo, out of the listed UDFAs we've signed, he has the best chance to make final cuts.

Posted · Report post

Nebraska DB Matt O'Hanlon look's rather promising. Watch his highlights vs. Oklahoma.

Or Arizona.

It's amazing to me the transformation he had last year. He was terrible as a sophomore, pretty bad as a junior, and first team all Big 12 as a senior.

Posted · Report post

any1 have a list of all the available undrafted FA's?