• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 JefDav84

JefDav84

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 12:00 AM

I would hate to see this happen. Dont do it John!

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=3817694

#2 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,553 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 08:14 AM

Read that. If it happens, I'll totally give up on the Braves this season and quite possibly baseball in general. If he does, I hope he gets his second ring. He does deserve it and with all the bad luck the Braves have had in the offseason after they set out to do so much, I can understand it honestly.

#3 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,886 posts
  • LocationRound about here

Posted 08 January 2009 - 08:50 AM

Read that. If it happens, I'll totally give up on the Braves this season and quite possibly baseball in general. If he does, I hope he gets his second ring. He does deserve it and with all the bad luck the Braves have had in the offseason after they set out to do so much, I can understand it honestly.

Great! We get another solid pitcher and a new fan to boot!

#4 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,553 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 08:57 AM

My fandom goes like this:
baseball in general
Team
Player

#5 Vampi

Vampi

e-veganpire

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 11:28 AM

No! This is like the worst news in baseball. I'm with you Scrum, they do this and I don't think I'd watch them anymore.

#6 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,230 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 12:23 PM

I'll still hate the Sox

#7 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 6,034 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 12:24 PM

Don't do it Smoltz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That would suck, I like Smoltz with the Braves.

#8 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

• HUDDLER
  • 4,182 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 01:39 PM

Done deal, according to this.

Hearing maybe Baldelli too.

http://www.cbc.ca/sp...sox-smoltz.html

#9 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

• HUDDLER
  • 4,182 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 01:41 PM

Baldelli
http://www.boston.co...ign_baldel.html

Guess they are going to get involved in the superpower arms race with the evil empire after all.

#10 shinner

shinner

Anomaly

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 01:55 PM

I would hate to see this happen. Dont do it John!

Not as a starter I hope.....middle relief, hell yeah! Bring it on. Oh and I could buy my wife a Sox "Smoltz" jersey so she can throw her Braves one away :)

OMG, the thought of how pissed she will be if this happens!

#11 Nicbsbll2

Nicbsbll2

• HUDDLER
  • 2,505 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 01:59 PM

Wow... I completely give up on the Braves. What happened to the front office that was able to bring us 14 straight division titles? How in the hell do you let John Smoltz leave Atlanta? They need to just disband the entire organization now.

...Ok, maybe I'm overreacting a little bit, but damnit, how in the world do you let Smoltz leave??

#12 faultlessjoint

faultlessjoint

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 04:41 PM

Sad day. I'm with scrum on this. It's going to be hard to watch the braves this year. I doubt I'll purchase Extra Innings this year and only watch the locally televised games here (i.e. when they play the nationals).

There are two things that could have happened: Wren didn't offer smoltz enough money or smoltz didn't believe the braves had any shot at winning. Either way, it is a terrible sign for the future of the braves. I don't hold anything against smoltz.

This might be the most upsetting departure of a player in my 23 years of being a sports fan.

#13 Joscott

Joscott

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 05:09 PM

I'll be honest, this pisses me off a lot. The Braves have done nothing but sit on their butts this off season and the one move they try to make blows up in their faces. I'm guessing Smoltz likes the money and being on a team that wants to do something.

#14 chbright

chbright

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 03:55 PM

fire wren. he is the joke of the league now. you have a guy that has been with the team since the 14 div streak started, the best pitcher you have and you let him walk. top that off with the deals that you let get away, and make a boneheaded one for a overpaid pitcher and frank wren single handedly will make the braves the worst team in baseball and kill the fan base. until this f*cker is booted out, i wont likely follow baseball anymore like others have said. way to turn fans away franky.

#15 chbright

chbright

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 03:59 PM

wren wants to resign andrew jones supposedly as well. chipper isnt thrilled the smoltz deal and now glavin is not a lock to return to just the braves. can someone tell me why the hell this dumbass got the job.

Edited by chbright, 09 January 2009 - 04:33 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.