Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Smoltz to Red Sox?

44 posts in this topic

Posted

Read that. If it happens, I'll totally give up on the Braves this season and quite possibly baseball in general. If he does, I hope he gets his second ring. He does deserve it and with all the bad luck the Braves have had in the offseason after they set out to do so much, I can understand it honestly.

Posted

Read that. If it happens, I'll totally give up on the Braves this season and quite possibly baseball in general. If he does, I hope he gets his second ring. He does deserve it and with all the bad luck the Braves have had in the offseason after they set out to do so much, I can understand it honestly.

Great! We get another solid pitcher and a new fan to boot!

Posted

My fandom goes like this:

baseball in general

Team

Player

Posted

No! This is like the worst news in baseball. I'm with you Scrum, they do this and I don't think I'd watch them anymore.

Posted

I'll still hate the Sox

Posted

Don't do it Smoltz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That would suck, I like Smoltz with the Braves.

Posted

I would hate to see this happen. Dont do it John!

Not as a starter I hope.....middle relief, hell yeah! Bring it on. Oh and I could buy my wife a Sox "Smoltz" jersey so she can throw her Braves one away :)

OMG, the thought of how pissed she will be if this happens!

Posted

Wow... I completely give up on the Braves. What happened to the front office that was able to bring us 14 straight division titles? How in the hell do you let John Smoltz leave Atlanta? They need to just disband the entire organization now.

...Ok, maybe I'm overreacting a little bit, but damnit, how in the world do you let Smoltz leave??

Posted

Sad day. I'm with scrum on this. It's going to be hard to watch the braves this year. I doubt I'll purchase Extra Innings this year and only watch the locally televised games here (i.e. when they play the nationals).

There are two things that could have happened: Wren didn't offer smoltz enough money or smoltz didn't believe the braves had any shot at winning. Either way, it is a terrible sign for the future of the braves. I don't hold anything against smoltz.

This might be the most upsetting departure of a player in my 23 years of being a sports fan.