Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Okinawa says US troops can go now.

36 posts in this topic

Posted

There are 0 American troops in NK.

The US has sent Cuba a rent check every month since the Spanish American War. Castro has never cashed a single one. But it is still sent every month.

The reason we're in Europe is because of NATO. When I was stationed in Germany, I worked with Germans, Brits, Estonians, Belgians, Frenchies, Canadians and the Dutch. When stationed int he US, well, I saw a Canadian General once.

There are quite a few foreign soldiers and sailors at Atlantic command in Norfolk. Mostly British, but some Canadians and others as well. We even had a few spend a month or so on the Iowa.

Posted

From the French and Indian War to World War II there were 6 Major wars that were fought across the Globe, usually with each one more deadly than the last. All but one of them started in Europe and Spread to the US. There hasn't been a major globe encompassing war since 1945. The global presence of a Superpower, along with Nukes, is the thing that has kept the world at peace since 1945. All the small wars the US has been involved since don't add up to a month's worth of casualties from the worst months of World War II or World War I.

This is why the US maintains a global presence. Not to defend Germany or Japan, but to keep the peace.

I buy this.

The philosophy of world police is good and bad.

But that is a good thing

i guess

Posted

I buy this.

The philosophy of world police is good and bad.

But that is a good thing

i guess

Well, surprised that you would agree with me. :)

I will say that sometimes we spread ourselves a bit to thin. And put ourselves in areas we really shouldn't be. We should have left Saudia Arabia, lock stock and barrell after Gulf War I was over with. We didn't need to be there to enforce sanctions, and I even said so to my Commander in Bahrain about a year before the attack in Dharhan. His response was "the Saudi's love us". The senior military and government leaders that he delt with on a regular basis got along well with us, but I realized every time I crossed the border between Saudi Arabia and Bahrain that we didn't get a lot of love there.

Posted

The Marines in Okinawa are out of fuging control.

They have already started building on to the bases in Guam to move them. I am so glad that I am not stationed there any longer.

Posted

We should close all those bases in Africa, there's plenty of peace there. :leaving:

Posted

The Marines in Okinawa are out of fuging control.

They have already started building on to the bases in Guam to move them. I am so glad that I am not stationed there any longer.

You sure Guam can support the weight? I hear it may capsize.

Posted

You sure Guam can support the weight? I hear it may capsize.

I don't understand why everyone is so concerned with this.

I mean there is a Naval base on Guam and plenty of ships to go around. Its not like EVERYONE would die. Just those that didn't listen to the Senator on Qualudes.

Posted

By ships to go around, are you saying the island could be anchored to the ships to keep it from capsizing?

Posted

By ships to go around, are you saying the island could be anchored to the ships to keep it from capsizing?

OMFG

Just tell him already! ROFL

Posted

TOKYO - Embattled Japanese Prime Minister Yukio Hatoyama said Wednesday he was resigning over his broken campaign promise to move a U.S. Marine base off the southern island of Okinawa.

The prime minister faced growing pressure from within his own party to resign ahead of July's upper house elections. His approval ratings had plummeted over his bungled handling of the relocation of the Marine Air Station Futenma, which reinforced his public image as an indecisive leader.

World leader's resigning when they fail.

Can you imagine?

Posted

How about open a base in Somalia,our troops would love it there!

Posted

Not really subject related,but during WW2 them **** kept fighting thier asses off well into 1945.The battle at Okinawa lasted til May or June.The battle of the Bulge was the last major battle between US and British forces vs the krauts and that ended in January of 1945.Germans seemed to be melting away after that;that or a bunch of them were pulled to the eastern front!