• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 rmoneyg35

rmoneyg35

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 01:40 PM

For all you haters just watch this video and hate on this.

I myself am not a Clausen fan but the kid was clutch in the 2008 Sheraton Hawaii Bowl. This video makes me confident about our future.

Edited*
check out Clausen's last game against Stanford he went 23-30 with 5tds I thought it was a bowl game but found out it was just a regular season game.

Edited by rmoneyg35, 26 April 2010 - 02:39 PM.
added Stanford video

#2 The Other Colbert

The Other Colbert

new

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 01:49 PM

Thanks for posting this video, he played a really impressive game. The only questionable thing that I saw were the jump balls. Man his receivers dropped some nicely thrown balls though (all season long).

#3 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,399 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 02:00 PM

More than half his completions were screens. One thing I did notice in watching some ND games the past 2 years, his receivers dropped a ton of good passes.

#4 jkeough

jkeough

poop

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 02:04 PM

wow and against the defensive powerhouse of Hawaii at that!

#5 rmoneyg35

rmoneyg35

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 02:07 PM

Anyone notice how quick he got rid of the ball, I noticed he threw a lot of short passes like we do to Steve Smith.

Also note look how well he played in the next years game against Stanford 23-30, 5 tds. The kid is clutch in bowl games which shows his clutch ability. I have a lot of faith in Matt Moore but if Clausen doesn't produce in the NFL I will be shocked.

Edited by rmoneyg35, 26 April 2010 - 02:40 PM.

#6 Fenrir

Fenrir

Panther/Vol Fanatic!!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 26 April 2010 - 02:09 PM

A Bucs fan commenting on our QB situation is laughable....

#7 rmoneyg35

rmoneyg35

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 02:10 PM

Look what he did the next year against Stanford, and I don't care how bad of a defense they had he had a great game, give the kid credit.

#8 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,400 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 02:11 PM

Quick release...mobile...has proven toughness...6'2 or 3"...good arm. Nice touch on some of those over the middle throws where he splits the defensive zone. Some of those were jump balls...but as Panther fans, we should be used to those. Smitty was bailing Jake out for how many years? (Chicago playoff game where Smitty just takes it from the DB on a bad throw)

#9 RockyTopVol

RockyTopVol

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 02:19 PM

I hate to harp on this, but that video just reminds me of how badly I wanted Golden Tate. He reminds me so much of Steve Smith.

#10 Mr ocho nueve

Mr ocho nueve

Cam can't have my Number

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 02:23 PM

OMG after that vid i know see why we drafted him, the guy is a perfect fit for our offense, and I think he has definitely more arm strength than Moore, even though Moore is a dam good qb himself

#11 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,400 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 02:27 PM

I hate to harp on this, but that video just reminds me of how badly I wanted Golden Tate. He reminds me so much of Steve Smith.

Floyd looks pretty good too

#12 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,603 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 02:30 PM

Floyd looks pretty good too

and he'll be in the draft next year probably.

lets hope that the next ND QB is bad so floyd falls.

#13 SteveSmithTD89

SteveSmithTD89

• ALL-PRO
  • 616 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 02:33 PM

Beat me to it :( Still makes me sad that we could have had him out there opposite Smitty. Oh well, Cluasen definitely has the potential to be great lets just see if the kid can put it all together. I'm hoping he does!!!!

#14 Miaoww

Miaoww

• HUDDLER
  • 2,730 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 02:47 PM

Agreed, but only because I thought we had no chance at drafting Clausen. I thought Tate would have been a high upside 2nd rounder who we could have put in straight away and then hoped to develop.

As it is we got the MUCH better player that was throwing the ball to him.

#15 rmoneyg35

rmoneyg35

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 02:48 PM

I can't see Golden Tate becoming the next Steve Smith, sorry he just doesn't have the aggression and strength Smitty has. Does anyone know what Steve Smith weighed in at the combine? I was just curious. Smith seems very Strong for his size but Tate weighs about 15 pounds more and is two inches taller.

I also have high hopes of David Gettis, he played for a team with a horrible pass game and didnt put up great numbers but shows great potential, I read only one bad thing about him

Hands: Catches nearly everything thrown his way, but traps the ball against his chest too often; needs to trust his large and strong hands and catch the ball away from his frame. Extends to grab wide throws and reaches above his head to snare high throws, exhibiting good body control in the air.

I think our new WR coach can fix that problem

Edited by rmoneyg35, 26 April 2010 - 02:53 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com