Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jim Clausen video(Perfect Game)

52 posts in this topic

Posted

The kid has a cannon!!! Very sound mechanically and has a snap release. His deep balls had zip and were not ducks.

As for the number screens thrown, uh, I remember a certain QB thorwing quite a few as confidence builders and then people were wowed when he connected on a couple of deep ones. I won't mention any names though.

not cutler type zip but enough anyway, if you are objective you have to admit he has certain skills that we haven't ever had on our team.

Posted

not cutler type zip but enough anyway, if you are objective you have to admit he has certain skills that we haven't ever had on our team.

Almost Cutler-like. I know he has better skills than we have seen on this team and that was my exact point. Apparently He'll need to win 3 or 4 games to get bandwagon going.

Posted

At ND, you would hear reports from teammates that the ball never hit the ground. He has pin point accuracy and as a ND fan we have seen it for 3 years and you guys are in for a treat.

Posted

Matt Moore should be the starter, he's proven he can play in the NFL. Are they going to have an open competition for starting QB or will Clausen be thrown to the wolves?

Posted

Matt Moore should be the starter, he's proven he can play in the NFL. Are they going to have an open competition for starting QB or will Clausen be thrown to the wolves?

Open competition and they'll brake him in slowly like they did Moore (thus my reference to the screen passes). Again, all it'll take is a few wins and people will be like Matt who? Oh, that's the backup.

Posted

looks like they do employ a very similar offense but without the running game and offensive line we have. This kid certainley has the tools and the potential to be great. We can only hope he delivers

Posted

That throw at 4:15 was a combination of arm strength and accuracy that most NFL QB's can't match. He dropped that ball over heads behind enemy lines to a spot with so much velocity that only his guy could make the play. One hell of a throw.

Posted

More than half his completions were screens. One thing I did notice in watching some ND games the past 2 years, his receivers dropped a ton of good passes.

Lots of 4 and 5 WR sets in that game.

Posted

Claussen looked to have good footwork, looked good going through progressions, and got the ball out quickly. He is like Jake Delhomme if Jake had good footwork, went through progressions and got the ball out quickly.

1 person likes this

Posted

Claussen looked to have good footwork, looked good going through progressions, and got the ball out quickly. He is like Jake Delhomme if Jake had good footwork, went through progressions and got the ball out quickly.
lol.

Posted

ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We got that kid in the second round of the draft!!!!!AAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHHAAHAAAHHAHAH

GM's from all over the league are going to lose their jobs for passing on this guy. Unbelievable, I hope that he is as good as he looks to be. I also hope he is as big of a douchebag as he has been made out to be.

Posted

He sucks because a guy I know has a friend who said he likes the Care Bears.

The haters amuse me.