• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#31 mj4life

mj4life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 05:07 PM

He made throws in that game that Jake could never make. I noticed he can throw on the run as well, Jake couldn't do that either. Also, Clausen sells the play action pretty nicely. Jake's effort at play action was half assed at best.

i know many don't want to hear this but he make throws nobody on our roster can make, doesn't mean he will start right away

#32 thedynasty

thedynasty

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 05:18 PM

His Oline was bad. After the 3rd game he couldnt even walk. Didnt practice during the week but on wednesdays. yeah...lol its impressive as it looks.

#33 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,802 posts
  • LocationGATOR CREEK- SC

Posted 26 April 2010 - 05:19 PM

Did you see the receiver run the wrong route.

#34 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,091 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 05:40 PM

Great footwork, that is something that jumps out at me.

He could be really good, and I suspect that unless MM is nails this season, Clausen will be starting by week 8. If we are 5-3 or 6-2 probably not, but anything less and he is in there.

#35 rmoneyg35

rmoneyg35

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 09:38 PM

Great footwork, that is something that jumps out at me.

He could be really good, and I suspect that unless MM is nails this season, Clausen will be starting by week 8. If we are 5-3 or 6-2 probably not, but anything less and he is in there.

Have you ever thought that Matt Moore is signed to a one year deal for a reason? The Clausen pick pretty much is insurance for Matt Moore being a bust or leaving us next year.

#36 ncbobcat

ncbobcat

Beer Enthusiast

• HUDDLER
  • 2,676 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 09:50 PM

The kid has a cannon!!! Very sound mechanically and has a snap release. His deep balls had zip and were not ducks.

As for the number screens thrown, uh, I remember a certain QB thorwing quite a few as confidence builders and then people were wowed when he connected on a couple of deep ones. I won't mention any names though.

#37 mj4life

mj4life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:03 PM

The kid has a cannon!!! Very sound mechanically and has a snap release. His deep balls had zip and were not ducks.

As for the number screens thrown, uh, I remember a certain QB thorwing quite a few as confidence builders and then people were wowed when he connected on a couple of deep ones. I won't mention any names though.

not cutler type zip but enough anyway, if you are objective you have to admit he has certain skills that we haven't ever had on our team.

#38 ncbobcat

ncbobcat

Beer Enthusiast

• HUDDLER
  • 2,676 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:10 PM

not cutler type zip but enough anyway, if you are objective you have to admit he has certain skills that we haven't ever had on our team.

Almost Cutler-like. I know he has better skills than we have seen on this team and that was my exact point. Apparently He'll need to win 3 or 4 games to get bandwagon going.

#39 thedynasty

thedynasty

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:20 PM

At ND, you would hear reports from teammates that the ball never hit the ground. He has pin point accuracy and as a ND fan we have seen it for 3 years and you guys are in for a treat.

#40 Darth Hater

Darth Hater

Sunnyvale senior member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:24 PM

Matt Moore should be the starter, he's proven he can play in the NFL. Are they going to have an open competition for starting QB or will Clausen be thrown to the wolves?

#41 ncbobcat

ncbobcat

Beer Enthusiast

• HUDDLER
  • 2,676 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:28 PM

Matt Moore should be the starter, he's proven he can play in the NFL. Are they going to have an open competition for starting QB or will Clausen be thrown to the wolves?

Open competition and they'll brake him in slowly like they did Moore (thus my reference to the screen passes). Again, all it'll take is a few wins and people will be like Matt who? Oh, that's the backup.

#42 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:32 PM

looks like they do employ a very similar offense but without the running game and offensive line we have. This kid certainley has the tools and the potential to be great. We can only hope he delivers

#43 Vagrant

Vagrant

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:38 PM

That throw at 4:15 was a combination of arm strength and accuracy that most NFL QB's can't match. He dropped that ball over heads behind enemy lines to a spot with so much velocity that only his guy could make the play. One hell of a throw.

#44 Wither

Wither

Relatively Unknown Poster

• HUDDLER
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:44 PM

More than half his completions were screens. One thing I did notice in watching some ND games the past 2 years, his receivers dropped a ton of good passes.

Lots of 4 and 5 WR sets in that game.

#45 Udogg

Udogg

Cardiac Victim since 95

• HUDDLER
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:52 PM

Claussen looked to have good footwork, looked good going through progressions, and got the ball out quickly. He is like Jake Delhomme if Jake had good footwork, went through progressions and got the ball out quickly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com