• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 bayou

bayou

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 02:18 PM

how do yall feel about this pick? as a lifelong tiger fan i vouch for him as a great receiver and team player. this kid is all hustle and never quits. he should be a fan favorite pretty soon after he starts getting playing time. JoJo is honestly one of my all-time favorite tigers and i just wanted to congratulate yall for getting him over there.

#2 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 26 April 2010 - 02:57 PM

how do yall feel about this pick? as a lifelong tiger fan i vouch for him as a great receiver and team player. this kid is all hustle and never quits. he should be a fan favorite pretty soon after he starts getting playing time. JoJo is honestly one of my all-time favorite tigers and i just wanted to congratulate yall for getting him over there.

LSU WR's have not panned out very well in the NFl lately. We will be lucky if he turns our to be a Dwayne Bowe.

Michael Clayton - Bust
Dwayne Bowe - above average
Early Doucet - average
Demetrius Byrd - below average
Craig Davis - Bust
Devery Henderson - average
Josh Reed - below average

#3 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 6,910 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 02:57 PM

I like the pick..I think he has more speed than D.Jarrett but not as good hands.

#4 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 04:29 PM

LSU WR's have not panned out very well in the NFl lately. We will be lucky if he turns our to be a Dwayne Bowe.

Michael Clayton - Bust
Dwayne Bowe - above average
Early Doucet - average
Demetrius Byrd - below average
Craig Davis - Bust
Devery Henderson - average
Josh Reed - below average

A few of those guys are still pretty young to categorize them. We were also looking for a complement to Steve Smith. We don't need Bowe to be the go-to guy this year. It'd be awesome if that is who he developed into but I would be extremely excited to get a Dwayne Bowe or Devery Henderson playing opposite Steve Smith.

#5 nagai

nagai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 07:13 PM

I like the pick. I would've preferred some other guys but you can't get too picky with the draft. I'm hoping that his determination will get him through the bumps and make him a good player.

#6 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:00 PM

I watched him in 2008 and was in awe of how good he was then. It doesn't seem like he developed into the #1 WR that I thought he would during his first couple of years but he has a lot of potential IMO. I think he is faster in games than he is on the track and he definitely doesn't shy away from contact, which I really like. I think if he comes in dedicated then he'll be a great asset for us.

#7 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,396 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 27 April 2010 - 07:51 AM

I am more excited about the potential of David Gettis.. he is a big track guy. 6'4" 216lbs.. he ran a 4.4 at his Baylor pro day.. he has the most upside of any of the WRs we drafted. And by listening to his imterview, the guy seems smart.

#8 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 6,910 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 08:14 AM

I am more excited about the potential of David Gettis.. he is a big track guy. 6'4" 216lbs.. he ran a 4.4 at his Baylor pro day.. he has the most upside of any of the WRs we drafted. And by listening to his imterview, the guy seems smart.

agree has great talent just has not be able to put it all together

TX vs Nation Practice
David Gettis (Baylor) ran some really good routes today, but body caught nearly every pass thrown his way. I saw him make a great move on a 15-yard out route, and as he backpedaled he gathered in the pass - by pinning it against his body. It looked like he couldn’t hands catch and toe tap at the same time. Body catching is definitely a bad habit for him, but to his credit he was catching nearly every pass thrown his way. He was good at setting up his defender, and ran a great double move that got him open on a fade/stop—that he promptly pinned against his shoulder pad for the catch.

David Gettis(Baylor) actually caught a pass with his hands! The guy doesn’t drop many passes, but 99% of them are body catches. When going over the middle the pass came in a little high, and Gettis climbed the ladder to go get it with arms extended at it’s highest point. It was a beautiful catch, and Gettis would be a much higher pick if he would catch with his hands and not his body. The coaches were working with him to get more space on the sideline for his quarterback to throw to. Gettis would run a “9” (streak or go) route, but leave little space for his quarterback to drop the pass in. Later in practice he showed improvement in this area. He did not sell out to get a low catch, which I think could have easily been caught. When working in the red zone, Gettis would use his frame to shield defenders away from the ball.

three-year starter at Baylor, Gettis has the size and speed that will intrigue teams in the mid rounds of the draft. Gettis is viewed as a bit of an enigma, because he has the size and speed to be a dominant receiver, but his statistics don’t reflect the potential he possesses. Playing at Baylor, Gettis didn’t have an elite quarterback throwing him the ball, which is a reason why his numbers are less than spectacular. This past season, he had his best season statistically, as he hauled in 52 passes for 675 yards and three touchdowns.

#9 chbright

chbright

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:34 PM

gettis had QB issues this year (starter went down), a produced his best numbers, even if they arnt the best. great athlete like carlton mitchel and stephen williams: big guys that can flat fly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.