Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ranucci's Big Butt BBQ

"Joe the plumber" covering Gaza???

47 posts in this topic

Davidson, start your own damn thread on how right you are and get back on track. Those who give a guy who doesn't pay his taxes and lies about his job the time of day and more than 15 minutes in the spot light are crazy as hell.

‘Joe the Plumber’ Wurzelbacher told a group of journalists covering the conflict in Israel and Gaza that he didn’t think the media should be allowed to report on war.

“I think media should be abolished from, you know, reporting,” Wurzelbacher said. “You know, war is hell. And if you’re gonna sit there and say, ‘well, look at this atrocity,’ well you don’t know the whole story behind it half the time, so I think the media should have no business in it.”

Wurzelbacher arrived in Israel on Sunday to start a 10-day assignment for pjtv.com, a Web site run by the conservative media outlet Pajamas Media. The plumber-turned-foreign correspondent said he wanted to cover Israel’s side of the conflict, because he thought the media was slanting the story to make it look like “Israel’s being bad.”

As he goes about reporting on the war... WTF? Joe, are you really that stupid? Yeah, apparently

He's got a point about the media not knowing what they're covering half the time.

But anti-israel bias in the mainstream media?

I thought Jews controlled the media? Right Mel?

He's got a point about the media not knowing what they're covering half the time.

And he's a plumber flown over there to report on the war for a media website, that is the height of hilarity

Was Joe ever in the military? Do any actual fighting? I mean "War is hell"????? Really, Joe?

Davidson, start your own damn thread on how right you are and get back on track. Those who give a guy who doesn't pay his taxes and lies about his job the time of day and more than 15 minutes in the spot light are crazy as hell.

The reason they are doing it is pretty obvious. It draws attention (as this thread proves). With the fierce competition for ratings and advertising dollars, the news agencies want people to watch, so they can't just tell the news. They have to do something extra to get people to watch. So they send Joe the Plumber. Could help, or could backfire, whose to say.

IMO, there is little difference between hiring Joe the plumber to read the news, and hiring someone because they are good looking. But given that a lot of reporters just read whats written for them, does it really make a difference who is on camera?

But given that a lot of reporters just read whats written for them, does it really make a difference who is on camera?

Serious answer: i know you probably just watch fox news so yes, that is a correct assessment. they are basically spokespeople for whomever is paying for the segment, much like the case with certain parts of CNN and MSNBC.

However, in war zones, reporters jobs are often to seek out stories, compile the data, check their sources, and report it. just because all you see them doing is speaking on camera, you cannot assume they didn't do any of the leg work behind it.

though knowing you you'll just hand wave away the small detail that you don't really know what goes on in making a story because it damages your frail, transparent little point.

Joke Answer:

Yes it pretty obviously matters

reporters shouldn't cover war!

we should go to the cinemas and watch propaganda instead! damn leftists losing us nam!

rawr im broke and beg for money but my hypermasculinity appeals to people right?

Serious answer: i know you probably just watch fox news so yes, that is a correct assessment. they are basically spokespeople for whomever is paying for the segment, much like the case with certain parts of CNN and MSNBC.

However, in war zones, reporters jobs are often to seek out stories, compile the data, check their sources, and report it. just because all you see them doing is speaking on camera, you cannot assume they didn't do any of the leg work behind it.

though knowing you you'll just hand wave away the small detail that you don't really know what goes on in making a story because it damages your frail, transparent little point.

Joke Answer:

Yes it pretty obviously matters

">

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    tbhx4