Photo
- - - - -

"Joe the plumber" covering Gaza???

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
46 replies to this topic

#31 Ranucci's Big Butt BBQ

Ranucci's Big Butt BBQ

Huddle Pit Master

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 10:50 PM

Davidson, start your own damn thread on how right you are and get back on track. Those who give a guy who doesn't pay his taxes and lies about his job the time of day and more than 15 minutes in the spot light are crazy as hell.

#32 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,915 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 02:02 PM

‘Joe the Plumber’ Wurzelbacher told a group of journalists covering the conflict in Israel and Gaza that he didn’t think the media should be allowed to report on war.

“I think media should be abolished from, you know, reporting,” Wurzelbacher said. “You know, war is hell. And if you’re gonna sit there and say, ‘well, look at this atrocity,’ well you don’t know the whole story behind it half the time, so I think the media should have no business in it.”

Wurzelbacher arrived in Israel on Sunday to start a 10-day assignment for pjtv.com, a Web site run by the conservative media outlet Pajamas Media. The plumber-turned-foreign correspondent said he wanted to cover Israel’s side of the conflict, because he thought the media was slanting the story to make it look like “Israel’s being bad.”

As he goes about reporting on the war... WTF? Joe, are you really that stupid? Yeah, apparently

#33 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,342 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 02:23 PM

He's got a point about the media not knowing what they're covering half the time.

But anti-israel bias in the mainstream media?

I thought Jews controlled the media? Right Mel?

#34 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,915 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 02:26 PM

He's got a point about the media not knowing what they're covering half the time.

And he's a plumber flown over there to report on the war for a media website, that is the height of hilarity

#35 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,629 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 03:06 PM

Was Joe ever in the military? Do any actual fighting? I mean "War is hell"????? Really, Joe?

#36 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,321 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 05:25 PM

Davidson, start your own damn thread on how right you are and get back on track. Those who give a guy who doesn't pay his taxes and lies about his job the time of day and more than 15 minutes in the spot light are crazy as hell.

The reason they are doing it is pretty obvious. It draws attention (as this thread proves). With the fierce competition for ratings and advertising dollars, the news agencies want people to watch, so they can't just tell the news. They have to do something extra to get people to watch. So they send Joe the Plumber. Could help, or could backfire, whose to say.
IMO, there is little difference between hiring Joe the plumber to read the news, and hiring someone because they are good looking. But given that a lot of reporters just read whats written for them, does it really make a difference who is on camera?

Edited by Davidson Deac II, 12 January 2009 - 05:34 PM.

#37 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,063 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 05:34 PM

But given that a lot of reporters just read whats written for them, does it really make a difference who is on camera?

Serious answer: i know you probably just watch fox news so yes, that is a correct assessment. they are basically spokespeople for whomever is paying for the segment, much like the case with certain parts of CNN and MSNBC.

However, in war zones, reporters jobs are often to seek out stories, compile the data, check their sources, and report it. just because all you see them doing is speaking on camera, you cannot assume they didn't do any of the leg work behind it.

though knowing you you'll just hand wave away the small detail that you don't really know what goes on in making a story because it damages your frail, transparent little point.

Joke Answer:

Yes it pretty obviously matters

IMO, there is little difference between hiring Joe the plumber to read the news, and hiring someone because they are good looking. But given that a lot of reporters just read whats written for them, does it really make a difference who is on camera?

are you really comparing a war correspondent without any experience, education, or reason to be out there other than as a publicity stunt to someone in the studio?

Edited by Fiz, 12 January 2009 - 05:37 PM.

#38 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,915 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 05:38 PM

War is hell, man

#39 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,063 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 05:40 PM

reporters shouldn't cover war!

we should go to the cinemas and watch propaganda instead! damn leftists losing us nam!

rawr im broke and beg for money but my hypermasculinity appeals to people right?

#40 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,321 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 05:48 PM

Serious answer: i know you probably just watch fox news so yes, that is a correct assessment. they are basically spokespeople for whomever is paying for the segment, much like the case with certain parts of CNN and MSNBC.

However, in war zones, reporters jobs are often to seek out stories, compile the data, check their sources, and report it. just because all you see them doing is speaking on camera, you cannot assume they didn't do any of the leg work behind it.

though knowing you you'll just hand wave away the small detail that you don't really know what goes on in making a story because it damages your frail, transparent little point.

Joke Answer:

Yes it pretty obviously matters

are you really comparing a war correspondent without any experience, education, or reason to be out there other than as a publicity stunt to someone in the studio?

Are you seriously saying there is no comparison? I have delt with on scene reporters, and if you think that all of them do their own digging, and find their own stories, and that none of them are hired just to attract ratings, you are mistaken.

Sure, there are some legitimate reporters who have serious experience, and know what they are doing. And there are some who need everything spoonfed to them.

And btw, I never watch fox news. I prefer NPR in the mornings on the way to work. I never watch broadcast news at all.

Edited by Davidson Deac II, 12 January 2009 - 05:50 PM.

#41 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,063 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 05:52 PM

Are you seriously saying there is no comparison?

between a blond with big tits that just sits in front of a desk and reads the daily news and a guy stupid people are going to look to for legitimate coverage of a growing genocide?

no there's not comparison at all.

Sure, there are some legitimate reporters who have serious experience, and know what they are doing. And there are some who need everything spoonfed to them.

which reporters know what they're doing, which need things spoon fed to them, and where to joe fall in your little spectrum.

#42 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,321 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 06:00 PM

between a blond with big tits that just sits in front of a desk and reads the daily news and a guy stupid people are going to look to for legitimate coverage of a growing genocide?

no there's not comparison at all.

which reporters know what they're doing, which need things spoon fed to them, and where to joe fall in your little spectrum.

Perhaps not in your insulated world, but when I was in the Middle East, dealing with them on a semi regular basis, there were those that knew what they were doing and those that had staffers that knew what they were doing. Forgive me, but since it was in the early 90's, I don't remember specific names of specific reporters.

#43 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,063 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 06:05 PM

Perhaps not in your insulated world, but when I was in the Middle East, dealing with them on a semi regular basis, there were those that knew what they were doing and those that had staffers that knew what they were doing.

YOU DONT KNOW WHAT IT WAS LIKE MAN I WAS THERE IN THE ETHER

Forgive me, but since it was in the early 90's, I don't remember specific names of specific reporters.

well that's convenient.

basically your point is "hey i once had some contact with reporters 20 years ago so there's where my opinion on the entire industry comes from but don't ask me to elaborate or provide specifics"

and regardless of your experience was that was so harrowing and shook the foundation of what you knew about journalism that you can't remember any specifics, apologizing for joe the plumber being sent to cover a genocide by a far right wing evangelical sh*t hole to basically spew memri fed garbage without providing any context whatsoever is not comparable to anything, and still atrociously wrong.

the mere fact that anyone would do anything less than angrily denounce it proves just how ridiculous and dangerous it is.

#44 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,321 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 06:13 PM

YOU DONT KNOW WHAT IT WAS LIKE MAN I WAS THERE IN THE ETHER

well that's convenient.

basically your point is "hey i once had some contact with reporters 20 years ago so there's where my opinion on the entire industry comes from but don't ask me to elaborate or provide specifics"

and regardless of your experience was that was so harrowing and shook the foundation of what you knew about journalism that you can't remember any specifics, apologizing for joe the plumber being sent to cover a genocide by a far right wing evangelical sh*t hole to basically spew memri fed garbage without providing any context whatsoever is not comparable to anything, and still atrociously wrong.

the mere fact that anyone would do anything less than angrily denounce it proves just how ridiculous and dangerous it is.

You should really try to take some remedial reading courses, and then go back and read what I said again. I could care less about Joe the plumber. He is just some schmuck who got was in the right place at the right time, or the wrong place at the wrong time. Its silly to think he is going to have any real impact on events in the middle east or peoples opinions of what goes on in the Middle east.

The people that make the decisions are certainly not going to listen to him, and the people that might listen to him already have their minds made up as to how they feel about the conflict. Just like you seem to already have your mind made up.

Joe the plumber will continue to be in the spotlight as long as those that like him, and those that don't like him (meaning you), continue to talk about him.

#45 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,063 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 06:20 PM

You should really try to take some remedial reading courses, and then go back and read what I said again. I could care less about Joe the plumber.

you mean couldn't care less, right muzzy?

The people that make the decisions are certainly not going to listen to him,

lol the bush administration got inspiration from the show 24 what are you talking about

There are plenty of highlights, including an admission (finally) from a Pentagon official that Jack Bauer provided inspiration. Diane Beaver, a lawyer who worked underneath Major General Michael Dunlavey, the first commander at Gitmo, told Sands in an interview about brainstorming meetings (which included representatives from the Defense Intelligence Agency and the C.I.A.) held at Gitmo in September of 2002 about possible interrogation techniques. The military's SERE (Survival, Evasion, Resistance, and Escape) program, meant to train U.S. soldiers to resist torture used by the bad guys, was one inspiration.

http://tpmmuckraker....he_top_down.php

and those that don't like him (meaning you), continue to talk about him.

is this an attempt to get me to stop calling you on your bullshit because it's pretty transparent.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com