Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Proudiddy

Chris Harris Traded For LB Jamar Williams

420 posts in this topic

In Williams, they add a linebacker who is only 25 and fits the youth movement. Williams has been a backup to Lance Briggs in Chicago. Although the Panthers have an opening on the strong side with the departure of veteran Na’il Diggs, they want to see James Anderson, Dan Connor and rookie Eric Norwood compete at that spot. Williams could move over there if the Panthers don’t think they’ve found a starter. But it’s more likely he’ll stay on the weak side and be a backup to Thomas Davis, who is coming back from injury.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth

It's more likely he'll back-up Davis?

:mad2:

Wait until you actually see the DL play before you call them a joke. Unproven...yes.

I was underwhelmed with Leonard and Tyler last year in thier minimal time on the field.

I see no reason for thier play to elevate with the removal of Peppers (and no i'm not a peppers fan, but defenses did have to account for him, moreso than Brayton)

Wait until you actually see the DL play before you call them a joke. Unproven...yes.

No, he was serious, they are a joke. I heard it on Conan last night, it goes like this.

"What do you call four big black guys who like to play with their hands in the dirt?"

"The Carolina Panthers DL!!!"

Buudummdummtaaaachhaaaaaaaaa

This is kind of funny because I saw Godfrey walking around at a Bobcats game a few weeks back and the first thought I had was that he looked much thicker than I remembered when I saw him at TC... Maybe the Panthers told him to bulk up for a move to SS?
could be. i don't know if that helps his tackling. he was getting pretty good about using his body to tackle and he did need to get stronger and more confident (which is kind of what i thought was the reason for his tackling problems).

maybe it will work. godfrey should be better in coverage. i just don't know about him against the run.

it's official

Chris Harris The deal is done. I'm now a member of the Chicago Bears. I'll be back here on Facebook a little later to tell you Carolina Panthers fans how much I love ya and you Bears fans how much I look forward to playing for you again.

1fz1is.jpg

Dude's a stud

'Quote'Williams had some decent moments last year, recording 20 sacks in a game he started for Lance Briggs."Quote" P F T

20 sacks in one game

Dang!!

So now on my birthday I can watch Peppers and Harris come back to town to play against us. It is either gonna be a great or crappy day for me.

You'd think we traded Ed Reed.

as far as this board is concerned..........we did, and got nothing in return.

can't wait too see all the new kids play. It's gonna be fun. :hurray:

this FO keeps making moves to make us better and more are to come.