Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Proudiddy

Chris Harris Traded For LB Jamar Williams

420 posts in this topic

Guess we can start Martin and Godfrey at the same time now.

49rs, Ravens, New York, Atlanta, Cincinnati, Chicago, and New Orleans are licking their chops at the thought of this.

LMAO I thought we were trading Alex Brown for Harris and everyone ripped on me. Talking about how great Harris was and how he's your leader.

Well you missed out on Brown, but I think you got a better player. He will be a very solid LBer. He is very athletic. He sits behind perennial pro bowler Lance Briggs. He would start on just about any other 4-3 D. In his only start last year he had a ton of tackles.

You guys will be happy with Williams.

Glad we get Harris back though cuz our secondary is much worse than yours but our LBers are much better.

Thanks for the insight. :cool:

I just don't think that it's that far out of an idea that Harris might have wanted (or been indifferent) to a trade. I don't think thats the case due to the way he worded his tweets and such, but I think it's certainly within reason.

true but with all the slobbing gantt and other does seems like he would have spilled the beans....maybe this will allow martin to start now which i am for.

there goes half of our turnovers

If I recall Martin was a pick machine in the few games he started.

true but with all the slobbing gantt and other does seems like he would have spilled the beans....maybe this will allow martin to start now which i am for.

I wouldn't be opposed to Martin and Godfrey. It seems there is no middle ground on this though, as everyone either hates Godfrey or thinks he improved after injury. Although, it seems no one really dislikes Martin. Hopefully he won't let the masses down.

there goes half of our turnovers
lol...seriously? you really think it's that bad? :lol:

i am not a fan of godfrey. he stays out of position too much, improved tackling but is still far from being decent.

Harris on going back to Chicago

"It's great," Harris said on "The Afternoon Saloon" on ESPN 1000. "The tradition Chicago has is second to none. It's an organization that's been around since the beginning. To play for a team with that tradition feels good.

Is Jamar Williams a FA next year?

Harris on going back to Chicago

Translation:

I wish I was still in Carolina but since I want to retain this job I think I'm going to say only nice things.

I wish he wasn't gone, but oh well.