Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chris Harris Traded For LB Jamar Williams

420 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

This is a joke right? Jamar f'ing Williams?

I knew Harris wouldn't last here long after he criticized the FO on Twitter when all the cuts started happening, but wow, this was unexpected.

Posted · Report post

Gantt says it saved another 900k...

Smh...

Whoohoo! Cheapest roster in the NFL gets you the uh, prize, ummmm.....what does that get you? I'm sure there has to be a prize for this slashing of salaries since it's been the #1 priority this offseason.

Ooops, I just stated my opinion on the internet! Please Panthers, don't fire or trade me as a fan. I'll take a pay cut and keep my mouth shut, promise! :rolleyes:

Posted · Report post

To be fair, Harris was never that great and had been the most overrated player on the team among fans during his stint here. But to go from Chris Harris to Sherrod Martin starting is a big downgrade and to only get a special teams flunkie in return just adds insult to injury. Not to mention that Chris Harris was an all-around awesome guy and added a lot of leadership to the defense.

Posted · Report post

Made mention we have two younger and more talented safeties. This doesn't surprise me. That being said..harris was my favorite on the back end. Will miss him.

Posted · Report post

Jerry Richardson is now one of the worst owners in the league. I f'ing despise him.

Posted · Report post

What the hell this is the worst decision yet. I could almost see letting Hoover go, but Harris is a baller, has the right attitude and vet experience.

Posted · Report post

We collect linebackers like trading cards. That is all.

Posted · Report post

This is a joke right? Jamar f'ing Williams?

I knew Harris wouldn't last here long after he criticized the FO on Twitter when all the cuts started happening, but wow, this was unexpected.

I think it has more to do with Sherrod Martin..

Posted · Report post

Jamar Williams will be a great addition for the Panthers- he's a talented guy who was just buried on a deep depth chart. Good luck to him

I've never got that concept of great players getting buried on the depth chart. If they are that good, they start or at lest get significant playing time. I don't buy it.

Posted · Report post

Made mention we have two younger and more talented safeties. This doesn't surprise me. That being said..harris was my favorite on the back end. Will miss him.

Who? Surely not Sherrod Martin. Chris Harris, while an average safety, was much better last season than Martin. Godfrey? He sucks. Jordan Pugh? Who the hell knows anything about him?

Posted · Report post

Why are we dumping salaries..THERE IS NO SALARY CAP..we as fans should not stand for this..glad i gave up my season tickets last year, I will not put any money into this team if ownership will not do the same

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

At any rate, I think Martin goes to SS and Godfrey stays at FS