Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chris Harris Traded For LB Jamar Williams

420 posts in this topic

Posted

Hyperbole, much? I love Chris Harris, but the time has come for him to move on. He's one heel of a hitter and I'll never forget the hit on Jacobs in the Giants Night game in 2008. I really think Jacobs lost luster after that play.

I'm thinkin' we are totally set at LB now and we have several safeties to look over. I'm interested to see the kid (UDFA) from Nebraska get out there in camp.

Posted

Hyperbole, much?

No, not much really. Why?

Posted

Well, this, maybe?

All of the Bears fans are speaking positively about Jamar Williams and all of the Panthers fans are suddenly talking poo about Chris Harris.

Posted

To be fair, Chris Harris was a Bear (and apparently one at heart as well) first.

And, thank you for Tim Shaw. I love that dude. He's nasty on our Special Teams. Omiyale, we'll find out this season how good he is. Basanez. Meh.

It's kind of funny you mention that. All of the Bears fans are speaking positively about Jamar Williams and all of the Panthers fans are suddenly talking poo about Chris Harris. It seems, for the most part, a lot of folks here have been much more interested in degrading Harris than even trying to learn anything about Williams. When I offered my assessment of him, I was basically told "everyone" always gives that "he's got great potential" kind of view... obviously, not around here. I can't recall the last time a Panthers player signed with another team, and upon doing so, he didn't become a worthless POS player.

Is it just me or do these statements contradict each other?

Posted

Come on, dimbee. I've seen a few people who have insinuated that our secondary got better on account of Harris' poor coverage skills, but by and large I think Panthers fans are upset that he's gone, but also looking forward to see what Williams can do.

Several Bears fans have come on here and spoken highly of Williams, and they've been met with enthusiasm from Panthers fans.

Posted

I think he is talking about how Panthers fans view any ex-Panther after they sign with another team....

Posted

I guarantee you for every one person that is talking trash about Harris right now, there are between 10 and 20 who are said to see him go and still think highly of him, not only as a player, but as a person. Nobody's pooting on Harris around here.

Now Peppers, that might be another story.

Posted

Does this mean they don't plan on re-signing Thomas Davis?

Posted

Does this mean they don't plan on re-signing Thomas Davis?

That's what scaring me.

Posted

Is it just me or do these statements contradict each other?

My apologies. I forgot to include "to Panthers fans around here." Meaning when we sign a former Panthers player, according to Panthers fans here, the guy is garbage. I'm just saying that there is a history of this happening. I'm sure it probably happens on every team's board. I don't visit any other boards, as ironic as that is.

Posted

I think he is talking about how Panthers fans view any ex-Panther after they sign with another team....

Yes. I left out a few words. I thought the premise of my statement would carry.

Posted

I guarantee you for every one person that is talking trash about Harris right now, there are between 10 and 20 who are said to see him go and still think highly of him.

And I agree completely. All of the Panthers fans that I'm friends with and spoke with, and in some cases broke the news to, all were not happy to lose Chris. They all quickly followed up with something pertaining to his lack of speed in coverage. This makes me snicker as this was exactly what I said of him when he was traded to the Panthers 3 years ago. I said that he plays with a lot of heart, hits like a bull, but is a bit slow and can be a weakness in coverage. I was, of course, shot down by several youtube videos of him making a nice play, which put me in my place. :lol:

I guess the record speaks for itself at this point.