419 replies to this topic

#226 Debil

Debil

Stop the insanity

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:14 PM

Good point, what else is he going to say?

"Well crap, I really liked Carolina better and didn't want to come back here but what the hell, I guess it's a job."

Well, he's excited enough that he's already changed his Facebook picture to him wearing a Bears uniform :lol:

#227 OneBadassCat

OneBadassCat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:22 PM

Well if the starting safety's are SS Godfrey and FS Martin then we should theoretically be better in coverage simply because both of these guys are fast and more talented than Harris. However there is some inexperience and Godfrey still has to show me that he can hit. I'm not sure that either of them will take on the leadership that Harris leaves with him.

Edited by OneBadassCat, 27 April 2010 - 04:27 PM.

#228 Udogg

Udogg

Cardiac Victim since 95

• HUDDLER
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:26 PM

Oh well, It goes back to my earlier statement. We are going to be really good or really bad, no middle ground this year :)

#229 jramsey4

jramsey4

"Blisters on me Fingers"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:29 PM

Its amazing how 2 different FO can get hosed over the same player. Harris for a 5th was a steal but this trade borders on the insane. How in the hell is Williams worth Harris?

But on a side note considering I am the Bears in the Mock Draft I had already research him and he is a solid player. He is the Backup at SLB, MLB, and WLB. Some think he has better reaction time then Urlacher and many thought he was the heir apparent to Briggs at WLB.

I like him but straight up for Harris was moronic. At best he is potential.

Edited by jramsey4, 27 April 2010 - 04:32 PM.

#230 89panthersfreak34

89panthersfreak34

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:31 PM

who the f*ck is that?? we just traded him for a complete nobody!?!

#231 The Don

The Don

Smoke weed!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:33 PM

Oh well, It goes back to my earlier statement. We are going to be really good or really bad, no middle ground this year :)

yep, my thoughts exactly. i'm really f'ing pissed about this one though, as should all Carolina Panthers fans. Chris Harris was a defined leader on our team, now we've just got Beason, and maybe Davis... but it still leaves a huge hole for leadership on this team. it just baffles me as to why we'd let such a vocal person go... :eek:

#232 jramsey4

jramsey4

"Blisters on me Fingers"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:34 PM

Now I am really wishing they had gotten Aaron Webster as a UDFA.

#233 insider

insider

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:38 PM

yep, my thoughts exactly. i'm really f'ing pissed about this one though, as should all Carolina Panthers fans. Chris Harris was a defined leader on our team, now we've just got Beason, and maybe Davis... but it still leaves a huge hole for leadership on this team. it just baffles me as to why we'd let such a vocal person go... :eek:

CHRIS HARRIS as a Leader? Maybe Davis is a leader...you have no idea what interactions in the off season have occurred that blow this statement out of the water. Harris has been nothing but a negative in every session, clearly stating to everyone that he does not want to be here, and bringing all the young players with him. Davis is just coming onto the field from rehab and is killing everyone at 75%! He is down every young defensive players throat to get their s*&t together and is THE leader on the team. Beason has just returned and is making himself heard, but Davis is taking the reigns

#234 89panthersfreak34

89panthersfreak34

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:40 PM

ya kno what.. nvm.. this isnt that bad of a trade afterall.. do some more research on the guy and ull realize hes not that bad. when given starting opportunities, he performed well. if we can get someone to step in at the SS position, than this wont be so bad

i definitely agree though that the biggest loss here is in the leadership aspect of it.. hes been performing worse the last couple of years. (not abd but not as good as before.) but hes leadership in such a young locker room with many new defensive players coming in, will surely be missed

Edited by 89panthersfreak34, 27 April 2010 - 04:42 PM.

#235 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,243 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:41 PM

Really, really don't like this trade.

Having said that, Godfrey should make a fine SS, and Martin finally gets to play at FS. This could work out very well.

Let's wait and see.

Edited by SmootsDaddy89, 27 April 2010 - 04:44 PM.

#236 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,891 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:47 PM

Jordan Pugh step on down .... you just became relevant!

#237 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,243 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:49 PM

Also this suggests the Panthers may let Davis walk. I figured they'd only choose one of either Williams or Davis. Looks like they're choosing Williams.

Those of you with unhealthy emotional attachments to him should be happy.

#238 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• HUDDLER
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:49 PM

ya kno what.. nvm.. this isnt that bad of a trade afterall.. do some more research on the guy and ull realize hes not that bad. when given starting opportunities, he performed well. if we can get someone to step in at the SS position, than this wont be so bad

:rolleyes:

We have a solid LB core and depth. What does this guy bring to the table? A special teams filler?

Cmon man... you don't trade a starter for a special teams guy one for one. If we had traded Harris and a 2011/2012 2nd round or even a 3rd round draft pick, I'd have been marginally OK with this trade. As it stands we just GAVE Chicago one of our best defensive players, coming off a productive year for a backup.

Ridiculous. And people don't think Richardson is simply trying to keep the total salary cap down at the detriment of the season?

#239 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:50 PM

CHRIS HARRIS as a Leader? Maybe Davis is a leader...you have no idea what interactions in the off season have occurred that blow this statement out of the water. Harris has been nothing but a negative in every session, clearly stating to everyone that he does not want to be here, and bringing all the young players with him. Davis is just coming onto the field from rehab and is killing everyone at 75%! He is down every young defensive players throat to get their s*&t together and is THE leader on the team. Beason has just returned and is making himself heard, but Davis is taking the reigns

If you didn't think Chris harris was a leader of this team then you haven't been a fan long and need too STFU untill you got some years under your belt.

#240 bigskypanthersguy

bigskypanthersguy

Prowl, Cats, Prowl.

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,593 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:51 PM

Furney could remove their faces and reveal themselves as ConeHeads, and this offseason wouldn't surprise me, anymore.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com