Dooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmeddd

#47 brandon_87

brandon_87

ooh wee mayne he dat deal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:18 PM

for every tackle Godfrey makes there are 3 where he is run over, juked out of his shoes, or just flings his lifeless body on the ground to give the illusion he tried.

only tackle Godfrey can make is when he and the ball get to the opponent at the same time

not to mention he cant hit like Harris and he doesnt have the instinct to strip while making the tackle :confused:

#48 Wither

Wither

Relatively Unknown Poster

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:19 PM

I can't really spin this one.

Yeah, I tried too.

I knew something was wrong when the board was taking a while to load.

#49 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 16,515 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:19 PM

for every tackle Godfrey makes there are 3 where he is run over, juked out of his shoes, or just flings his lifeless body on the ground to give the illusion he tried.

I felt the same way before the injury, but afterwards he was a better tackler. So i think the FO recogniszes this and believes he can play SS and therefore can move a player that publicly trashed them while starting a younger one. Still sucked in coverage though, but that's why Martin will be FS.

#50 PantherBrew

PantherBrew

Educated White Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 5,829 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:20 PM

Lol @ chicken little newbs on here.

#51 tarheelblue89

tarheelblue89

More u spend, More u win

• HUDDLER
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:21 PM

I don't like the move, but I understand it. Saves money and we get younger.

#52 Wither

Wither

Relatively Unknown Poster

• HUDDLER
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:21 PM

Jerry Richardson is now one of the worst owners in the league. I f'ing despise him.

Then go ahead and do the inevitable by leaving this board and throwing away your Panthers stuff...

#53 Seamonk

Seamonk

kekekekekeke

• HUDDLER
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:24 PM

I figured it out, Carolina plans to only play special teams this season. BRILLIANT!

It's to make up for the last 4 years...

#54 Sam Mills Fan

Sam Mills Fan

The Truth Sometimes Hurts

• HUDDLER
  • 5,652 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:25 PM

Then go ahead and do the inevitable by leaving this board and throwing away your Panthers stuff...

I'm not going to do that, but it's getting harder and harder to root for this team. Jon Beason seems like he was drafted just yesterday, but he's now been on the defense longer than everybody but Gamble/TD/James Anderson. We're approaching the point where we're just rooting for a jersey at this point, a jersey that represents a cheapass, old owner that cares more about his bottom line than this team competing for a championship.

#55 PantherBrew

PantherBrew

Educated White Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 5,829 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:27 PM

I'm not going to do that, but it's getting harder and harder to root for this team. Jon Beason seems like he was drafted just yesterday, but he's now been on the defense longer than everybody but Gamble/TD/James Anderson. We're approaching the point where we're just rooting for a jersey at this point, a jersey that represents a cheapass, old owner that cares more about his bottom line than this team competing for a championship.

You're embarassing.

#56 44johnson

44johnson

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:27 PM

I step out for a few minutes to get some lunch, come back and find out this has happened...

#57 ncbobcat

ncbobcat

Beer Enthusiast

• HUDDLER
  • 2,676 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:30 PM

only tackle Godfrey can make is when he and the ball get to the opponent at the same time

THIS!!!

Godfrey reminds me a lot fo Deon Grant.

#58 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,639 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:32 PM

Looks like we're following the current trend of having both safeties be more oriented towards pass coverage than run support with this move.

Martin flashed allot of potential last year, and we need more depth at LB, so I can understand this move on paper - but I also remember how bad we were last year until Harris returned from injury... he was the QB of our secondary.

Edited by CatMan72, 27 April 2010 - 01:35 PM.

#59 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,066 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:32 PM

Well, from the rest of us....please feel free to switch team allegiances.

I would like to say that you would be missed.....but you wouldn't be.:D

#60 jayflip

jayflip

I hate charger fans...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,397 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:33 PM

Our secondary will be just fine. Martin and Godfrey are more than capable and each ten times faster than Harris anyway. I'm gonna miss the hitman, but he wasn't an all-pro safety. And yeah, his first year here he had tons of strips and forced fumbles, but that's been on a rapid decline for him and he's been whiffing on a few more tackles lately than he used to. Now were a coverage secondary and I trust thus move. Just wish we got more compensation than Jamar Williams... Haha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.