Photo
- - - - -

Chris Harris Traded For LB Jamar Williams

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
419 replies to this topic

#76 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,435 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:49 PM

Reports are also saying Harris is re-working his deal as part of the trade to CHI... So it wasn't about the money at all.

I don't have a problem with the trade. I have a problem with the compensation. Why do we need another scrub LB? We drafted Norwood. We have Anderson, Connor (who supposedly was a very attractive asset in the trade market this offseason) and a young talented guy like Morty Ivy. I don't get it??? Why another LB. That's my problem. And not that it's just a LB, it's a scrub. Why not just sign Donte Curry back if that's all you want? May as well have signed Landon Johnson back.

With the talk of Jarrett being released and I don't think Moore will be around much longer either, why not try to get a WR back? Maybe another DL?

Like I said, I didn't expect Harris to be around much longer b/c of the play of Godfrey (end of season) and Martin last year combined with his rants on twitter, but I just don't like the compensation - or lack thereof in this case.

He is not a scrub.....dude had 18 tackles (13 solo) in one game last season.

#77 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 16,182 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:49 PM

[Bears fan here, hoping to give you some perspective]

When team management is under fire, generally any move they make gets roasted by fans as another horrible mistake in a line of horrible mistakes. It happens with Carolina fans, Chicago fans, and pretty much every where else that hasn't won a SuperBowl recently.

Jamar Williams was drafted to replace Lance Briggs several years back when Lance was claiming he'd "played his last game in a Bears uniform" -- clearly that didn't turn out as expected.

Every time Jamar has had the chance to play as a WLB, he's flashed skills. In previous years, he's been touted by the Bears as the 4th LB, and has backed up all 3 starting LB positions, despite the fact that physically, he's far better suited to playing on the weak side in space than being a strong-side backer or MLB. Williams is incredibly athletic, and will be able to start for the Panthers rather than languishing in Briggs' shadow. He's talented enough that he can readily start as a 4-3 WLB or an 3-4 ILB without much difficulty -- you're going to be surprised by this guy.

I hope so, good post. I just didn't see LB as big need compared to other less deep/talented positions on our roster. I haven't seen Williams play or paid much attention to him, but on the surface, he sounds a lot like how we view James Anderson - who's already on the roster, so that's where I'm lost in this trade.

#78 chbright

chbright

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:54 PM

Possible insurance against Davis coming back strong from the injury.

Also, possible insurance if we can't get Davis signed.

great point.
and anderson is on a 1 year deal too. best point: insurance and it retools the safeties to play the pass more than run, in a time where the league is geared towards passing.

#79 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • 7,785 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:55 PM

He is not a scrub.....dude had 18 tackles (13 solo) in one game last season.

Against the Rams...
:leaving:

#80 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,268 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:56 PM

great point.
and anderson is on a 1 year deal too. best point: insurance and it retools the safeties to play the pass more than run, in a time where the league is geared towards passing.

our team couldn't stop the run last year....could easily be much much worse this year.....and what is Godfrey going to do besides get abused?

#81 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,915 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:58 PM

Also, Davis is a better WLB than Briggs.

:lol: You're out of your fuggen mind :lol:

#82 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,737 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 02:01 PM

our team couldn't stop the run last year....could easily be much much worse this year.....and what is Godfrey going to do besides get abused?

Somebody is going to say something about "heart" or "it".

#83 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 16,182 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 02:02 PM

Madhatter, even if he isn't a scrub, you think he's an upgrade over Connor and/or Anderson? I think he and Anderson are essentially the same player... That's where I don't understand wanting him back as compensation.

#84 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,652 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 02:04 PM

He has alot of heart. Theres something about him, he just has "it" you know?

#85 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,652 posts

Somebody is going to say something about "heart" or "it".

ahhh fugggggggggg!!!1

#86 Future Of The Franchise

Future Of The Franchise

The Ambassador of Booty

• HUDDLER
  • 5,837 posts

this poo is getting ridiculous... seriously... what the f**k?

#87 tacdiddy

tacdiddy

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 02:05 PM

this is by far the dumbest move ever!!! harris was a leader and a good ass player for us...i cant believe hes on the bears again and we get jamar nobody knows me williams...what the fug.. richardson is a cheapass old pile of poo and he is like al davis now..hes not thinking with his head on his shoulders. this is worse than giving julius away for free. this season is now up in the air.. and im being optimistic but panthers will be 6-10 this season. i can already see the defense stuggling early on jus like last year when harris was out with an injury. this is gonna hurt us in the long run

#88 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,435 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 02:05 PM

dude...you have bitched at every move this team has made. Maybe you should just bite the bullet and move on down the road.:D

#89 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,435 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 02:06 PM

this is by far the dumbest move ever!!! harris was a leader and a good ass player for us...i cant believe hes on the bears again and we get jamar nobody knows me williams...what the f**k.. richardson is a cheapass old pile of poo and he is like al davis now..hes not thinking with his head on his shoulders. this is worse than giving julius away for free. this season is now up in the air.. and im being optimistic but panthers will be 6-10 this season. i can already see the defense stuggling early on jus like last year when harris was out with an injury. this is gonna hurt us in the long run

My head now hurts from reading this poo. Typical post from another 12 yo trolling the board.

#90 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,709 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 02:07 PM

Updating a previous item, the Panthers and Bears are still putting the finishing touches on a Chris Harris trade.
Harris is expected to rework his contract with the Bears, and the Panthers will reportedly receive linebacker Jamar Williams as part of the return. Williams would be an upgrade on Dan Connor and James Anderson on the strong side.

per espn

Willimas is only a part of the trade.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com