63 replies to this topic

#1 Brokenbad

Brokenbad

Cam is my hero

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,550 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 03:18 PM

Why do the "experts" have such litte faith in Moore? 8 TD's to one interception against some good teams that had alot on the line is nothing to sneeze at.

The drafts of the Carolina Panthers and Bills made clear statements about the state of the teams' respective quarterbacking situations.

By selecting Notre Dame's Jimmy Clausen in the second round and Cincinnati's Tony Pike in the sixth, the Panthers effectively said they have no faith in Matt Moore being the long-term replacement for Jake Delhomme. The Panthers tried to sell the notion that Moore was their guy after cutting Delhomme, but most league observers weren't buying it. And when they surprisingly found themselves with the chance to land Clausen, they took it. The selection of Pike seemed to add insult to injury for Moore.

Full story:
http://www.nfl.com/n...ts&confirm=true

#2 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,473 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 03:20 PM

"but most league observers weren't buying it. "

eh

#3 rico6

rico6

Shit.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,691 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 03:22 PM

He gets it.

Now the stupid fanbase needs to.

#4 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,473 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 03:28 PM

He gets it.

Now the stupid fanbase needs to.

so because someone doesn't agree with you they are stupid???

#5 mj4life

mj4life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 03:34 PM

moore is best suited to be your number 1 backup who can win games for you if your starter gets hurt(felt the same about jake also)clausen has FRANCHISE skills that the panthers felt they couldn't pass up. pike is a long term project who may be a asset in future. moore played well but his ceiling is low unless he is one of those film geeks that just studies the game(most reports don't support this)

#6 mj4life

mj4life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 03:39 PM

Why do the "experts" have such litte faith in Moore? 8 TD's to one interception against some good teams that had alot on the line is nothing to sneeze at.

Full story:
http://www.nfl.com/n...ts&confirm=true

also found his theory of why clausen fell in draft interesting. as far as moore goes alot of people are falling in love with just alittle to early, let's see what happens in the coming months before we" crown him"

#7 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,751 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 27 April 2010 - 03:43 PM

I just hope Moore proves everyone wrong. That kid has something.

#8 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,344 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:01 PM

the Panthers effectively said they have no faith in Matt Moore being the long-term replacement for Jake Delhomme.

That is such utter bullsh*t... so the Panthers were supposed to go into the season with Moore and Cantwell and no other QB, even though these two highly rated rookies fell to them at way below what they were rated in the draft, and this "proves" the Panthers have no faith in Moore???

Who wrote that?

#9 PanthaSan

PanthaSan

Sith Bewbie Padawan....

• HUDDLER
  • 6,842 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:02 PM

Is it too late to get Weinke back?

#10 ucanefan

ucanefan

TROLL

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:03 PM

I think Clausen's a good fit here and will take Moore's job just by being better.

#11 AnalyzeThIs#28

AnalyzeThIs#28

Beware of Smash&Dash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:06 PM

That is such utter bullsh*t... so the Panthers were supposed to go into the season with Moore and Cantwell and no other QB, even though these two highly rated rookies fell to them at way below what they were rated in the draft, and this "proves" the Panthers have no faith in Moore???

Who wrote that?

I agree, if the FO didn't have any faith in Moore than we would have traded up into the first round to draft a QB. But that didn't happen and Clauson fell to us.

#12 CharlotteBeer.com

CharlotteBeer.com

Resident Beer Nerd

• HUDDLER
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:07 PM

Remember when the Panthers drafted Stewart because they didn't have faith in Williams?

I guess the only problem with that analogy is we're probably not going to have two quarterbacks playing in the same game, but I think competition may bring out the best of our quarterbacks.

Edited by Beaux Berry, 27 April 2010 - 10:28 PM.

#13 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

• HUDDLER
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:08 PM

Just stocking up for ME sakes. They don't wanna be caught without a good QB in the injury situation any more.

#14 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,408 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:08 PM

or maybe they were looking for QB depth because we've all known how good our QBs behind Delhomme have been especially during 2007, 2009, and the last quarter of the 2006 season and the gargantuan slide top prospect Jimmy Clausen took provided a great opportunity for them to make an effort to improve the quality of the position.

#15 WilkinsonDonnie

WilkinsonDonnie

Monsanto's = Evil

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:12 PM

Thats exactly what it was, before the draft I knew we would take a quarterback later in the draft just for depth purposes but when Clausen fell to them he was too good to pass up. Clausen in a year or so time will supplant Moore as the starter and face of the franchise for years to come.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com