Photo
- - - - -

Sad but true statement from NFL.com about the QB situation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
63 replies to this topic

#61 monstercat

monstercat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 28 April 2010 - 12:31 PM

IMO, everybody is making way too big of a deal over John Fox being a so called lame duck coach. I just don't see that man doing anything differently, unless it's because of lessons he's learned in recent years. I doubt the lack of a contract next year will affect how he coaches at all. If anything, you would think he would want to win even more, because this year is an audition for him.

#62 Goat2SRT

Goat2SRT

NOT NEWB

ROOKIE

Posted 28 April 2010 - 12:33 PM

I think the picks of Clausen and Pike were simply for competition, not lack of confidence in Moore. The Moore/Clausen battles in camp should make for a good story and hopefully, end up for good production in regular season regardless of who ends up being the starter; as Fox and Hurney said in a press conference, competition brings the best out of people. As for the Pike pick, I think that was more of a reflection on how they feel about Cantwell; that maybe he isn't NFL ready even at the 3rd string spot... would make sense considering he couldn't beat out either Moore, McCown or Feeley throughout last season and stayed on the practice squad.

#63 thunderraiden

thunderraiden

Thunder God Member

HUDDLER

Posted 28 April 2010 - 01:23 PM

Yea, i really don't see how letting Matt Moore chill without any competition is smart. Let alone anyone to come in off the bench should he get hurt. If Matt Moore can't handle a rookie QB sitting behind him then he needs to be uprooted. I love Matt Moore btw.

#64 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

HUDDLER

Posted 28 April 2010 - 02:52 PM

Ignore the "League Observers"