Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Fox

65 posts in this topic

Posted

Go watch Black Panthers new vid, and it will make you feel better.

Posted

lol

4 months ago: "you guys are just fox haters we're lucky to have him blah blah blach something something darkside"

Today: "fug HiM, GoL'DaRNit! He CuT muH FaVriTE pLayR An' I dOn'T LieK Eet!"

2 people like this

Posted

But yet they do get fired !

6 or more almost ever season

JR see's a problem

Why would he have Fox release all his coaches over the last 3 seasons?

Maybe JR is looking for a consistent team in the playoff year in and year out.

8-8 12-4

Marty Schottienhere made playoffs almost ever season

But was still fired B/C he could not get to or win the Super Bowl!

And I still say it's a cop out.... Look at your example.... Since Marty Schottenheimer has left it's been.... well more of the same!!!!

The point is San Diego plays in a conference with two Hall of Fame QB's with good people around them. The Chargers losing was not Marty's fault... and the past few years prove it. Once you get to the playoffs it's usually good teams playing other good teams.... doesn't mean the one who lose on that sunday lost because of Coaching!

People blame coaching because it is the easiest thing to do!!! Someone always has to take blame, when sometimes you just look to a good team. Everyone wants the chin.... well look how many AFC championship games he lost before he got his ring... and the down seasons he had!

John Fox is a good coach... when he has a good team they perform well, It could be argued that John fox teams has overachieved if you want to compare talent to those of elite teams. People talk about Jake not being an elite NFL QB.... well with john fox he went to a superbowl, and multiple NFC Championship games!!

But we have a few seasons of 7-9, now John fox is a horrible coach, and need to be fired.... GTFO

Posted

And I still say it's a cop out.... Look at your example.... Since Marty Schottenheimer has left it's been.... well more of the same!!!!

The point is San Diego plays in a conference with two Hall of Fame QB's with good people around them. The Chargers losing was not Marty's fault... and the past few years prove it. Once you get to the playoffs it's usually good teams playing other good teams.... doesn't mean the one who lose on that sunday lost because of Coaching!

People blame coaching because it is the easiest thing to do!!! Someone always has to take blame, when sometimes you just look to a good team. Everyone wants the chin.... well look how many AFC championship games he lost before he got his ring... and the down seasons he had!

John Fox is a good coach... when he has a good team they perform well, It could be argued that John fox teams has overachieved if you want to compare talent to those of elite teams. People talk about Jake not being an elite NFL QB.... well with john fox he went to a superbowl, and multiple NFC Championship games!!

But we have a few seasons of 7-9, now John fox is a horrible coach, and need to be fired.... GTFO

It's not Jake's fault he was still the starter way past his expiration date.

Posted

If it helps..Everette Brown wants to be a leader...

Posted

A lot of guys looked up to Brad Hoover.

Meat is correct here, Brad Hoover was a shining example of how to run straight ahead into a 350 pound nose tackle for half of a yard.

Posted

Never said Marty was not a good coach

Never said Fox was not a good coach

I'm saying that's the way the owners with all their millions think.

They have millions B /C they get the results THEY want , or they make changes to get the results .

I often wondered why anyone would fire Marty

The man could get you in the playoffs!!

Owner wanted more.

Maybe J R 's heart has him thinking it's time to speed things up if he wants to win a Super Bowl in his lifetime .

may take 2-3 years ,but with a heart problem.

Posted

It's not Jake's fault he was still the starter way past his expiration date.

Hindsight is always 20/20.... it becomes a problem when these decisions are constantly made and constantly set the team back...

Looking back, yes Fox held on to Jake as the starter a little too long... and he has acknowledged this in various interviews (To an extent). But that is one mistake... Coaches are going to make some when your decisions are based on how players are going to perform.

My point is overall Fox has been a good consistent coach.... They are hard to come by and there is no reason to get rid of him IMO. I know if Fox has the talent, and the players execute... we will win!!! There has been nothing to show me otherwise during his coaching career.

Posted

Never said Marty was not a good coach

Never said Fox was not a good coach

I'm saying that's the way the owners with all their millions think.

They have millions B /C they get the results THEY want , or they make changes to get the results .

I often wondered why anyone would fire Marty

The man could get you in the playoffs!!

Owner wanted more.

Maybe J R 's heart has him thinking it's time to speed things up if he wants to win a Super Bowl in his lifetime .

may take 2-3 years ,but with a heart problem.

And thats my point.... Sometimes they make coaching changes and it does not get them any further!!! They want more, but the answer is not firing the coach... sometimes they just need patience. A season when things line up a falls their way.

Cowboys, Chargers, Redskins, Raiders, Buccaneers, Browns change coaches... same results.

My point is if He wants to win.... getting rid of a proven winner like Fox is a mistake IMO.

Posted

Ahhh, another senseless thread whining about letting a favorite player go.

CRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYY ME A RIVER!!!!!!

WAAAAA

and wa some more. Please, keep it up, cause none of us are tired of it yet.

Posted

Didn't the Panthers raise ticket prices for next year?

Thinkin' the Rams did too, yes?

Posted

For a opposing team's perspective...

I've always thought of Harris as an average SS but the Panthers' secondary has generally been ''different'' with him in there. Sort of like our secondary was with Sharper. I remember your secondary seeming a lot tougher once he returned from injury last year and he's played us well since 2007 or so when he came over. Guys that like that are leaders and their value can't really be pointed out fully in stats. With him gone your top players in the secondary include a half retarded corner back and a guy sort of in limbo with Marshall. yikes...

2 people like this