• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#16 mj4life

mj4life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:33 PM

can the guy cover well enough to be SLB?

he did play some slb for the gamecocks and is also a good special team player which we can never have enough of

#17 mj4life

mj4life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:35 PM

He's decent at coverage, but i can tell you he can't stop the run well enough to be a full time DE..Really think his best position is OLB, especially when he gets brought on a blitz

he would get swallowed up at end fulltime, what baffles me is that all those 3-4 teams passed him up

Edited by mj4life, 27 April 2010 - 04:37 PM.

#18 RedMage138

RedMage138

YES!YES!YES!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,533 posts

I think we'll use him the way Washington used Orapko last season

#19 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,022 posts

that is by far the most overused phrase around....

pretty sure Meeks just wants guys that can play at a high level. Pretty sure talent is more important to Meeks than size.

Sure talent trumps all, but Meeks wants speed and that usually comes in smaller packages.

#20 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,022 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:38 PM

...but wearing # 92 does not automatically mean he's a DE, look at James Harrison or Jesse Armstead (98).

#21 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,511 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:44 PM

Fox said in an interview they would start him at the strong-side linebacker position, then move him up if need be, because it is always easier to move forward. I agree it just depends on how well he can cover, plus how well Connor, Williams, and Anderson play. At the end of the day he might be just brought in for passing situations, with charles johnson moving to the dt spot.
The Williams trade will help Norwood out and will help the Panthers if both Godfrey and Martin step up.

#22 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,585 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:13 PM

Well no duh. If anybody would read up on Norwood, they would know he excells rushing the pass from the edge.

Also in an interview with fox, on panthers.com, he said Norwood will position isn't in stone.
Most likely he'll see the field this year on passing downs, and special teams as he continues to develop.

#23 PantherGamecock2

PantherGamecock2

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:19 PM

Well no duh. If anybody would read up on Norwood, they would know he excells rushing the pass from the edge.

Also in an interview with fox, on panthers.com, he said Norwood will position isn't in stone.
Most likely he'll see the field this year on passing downs, and special teams as he continues to develop.

Have seen every game he's played in college and..he's a playmaker from either position, but the fact that he isnt all that solid in run support is a "deal-breaker" for him ever starting at DL. I think this year we should use him at whatever position gets him on the field so he can make plays..but for the future..he would make a much better full-time OLB.

#24 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,645 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:23 PM

he will be hybid lb/de sort of like orakpo who lines up at slb and de at times

this.

i would like to have him as a rover picking his spots. he'll have his hand in the grass every once in a while but he'll be standing up a whole lot more.

#25 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,968 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:24 PM

oh noesss!!1!!!!111!!!!! compettttittiveee advantag3!!!!

#26 mj4life

mj4life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:51 PM

this.

i would like to have him as a rover picking his spots. he'll have his hand in the grass every once in a while but he'll be standing up a whole lot more.

on some passing downs we could have 3 lineman with either davis or norwood rushing and one dropping back into coverage

Edited by mj4life, 27 April 2010 - 05:55 PM.

#27 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,585 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 27 April 2010 - 06:26 PM

Have seen every game he's played in college and..he's a playmaker from either position, but the fact that he isnt all that solid in run support is a "deal-breaker" for him ever starting at DL. I think this year we should use him at whatever position gets him on the field so he can make plays..but for the future..he would make a much better full-time OLB.

I never used the word starter.

I do know this...ya don't pick a player and then don't use him for what he does best. Yes, he will develop as a better line backer...but I bet you will see him on the line is some passing situations.

#28 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 06:36 PM

I never used the word starter.

I do know this...ya don't pick a player and then don't use him for what he does best. Yes, he will develop as a better line backer...but I bet you will see him on the line is some passing situations.

this. which is why, if he's gonna play LB I can see him at WLB before SLB.

#29 Razzy

Razzy

Banned

• HUDDLER
  • 3,053 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 08:19 PM

When I saw him drafted I figured he was headed for rotation at DE/LB. Hardy also seems too big and will get moved inside.

#30 CharlotteBeer.com

CharlotteBeer.com

Resident Beer Nerd

• HUDDLER
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 10:27 PM

I do know this...ya don't pick a player and then don't use him for what he does best.

You mean drafting a corner to play safety, or a safety to play corner, or a safety to play linebacker?

:D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com