Photo
- - - - -

Do you really think the goal of this season is to win?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
86 replies to this topic

#76 Lumps

Lumps

Jase is butthurt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 25 November 2010 - 12:33 AM

You can believe whatever. But really, moral of the story is to take the forums (which includes my posts as well as anyone else's) as a grain of salt and good job pstall I am sure you got poo for that.

#77 Jangler

Jangler

oddly perched

HUDDLER

Posted 25 November 2010 - 12:38 AM

Losing is for winners.

#78 Jangler

Jangler

oddly perched

HUDDLER

Posted 25 November 2010 - 12:40 AM

Wait...I guess I don't understand any of this...

We are not rebuilding, we are tweaking. And as soon as the glass cools down I will be tweaking some more.

#79 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

HUDDLER

Posted 25 November 2010 - 08:27 AM

Of course the plan is to win games.

9-7 or 10-6 I say.

I'm kind of tired of these kind of threads OP, but your avatar is f*cking sweet.

LOL at me. Damn I'm a loser.

#80 err456

err456

err456

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 25 November 2010 - 09:03 AM

Clearly JR didn't expect the following:
1. Fox to just go through the motions
2. Our OL to preform so poorly
3. Our QB situation to be the joke of the NFL
4. Our running game to be near the bottom of the leauge.
JR probably didn't expect a great year but I don't think he expected a wasted year like he is getting.

#81 Lumps

Lumps

Jase is butthurt

HUDDLER

Posted 25 November 2010 - 09:44 AM

lol SouthCak its all good. We all have high hopes for our own team. I have many thread stating we will make the playoffs via wild card. This is testament to how great the NFL is anything can happen, even with a qb like P manning you can have a crappy record.

I disagree I think JR knew exactly what he was doing "We didn't know it was going to be this bad.". So proof right there he knew it was going to be bad, just not this bad. :)

#82 CarolinaCatBrigade

CarolinaCatBrigade

She likes my Newton

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 25 November 2010 - 06:44 PM

I am going to tell you right now, and everyone else that has reservations about that pick, EDWARDS WILL BE AWESOME. Possible steal of the draft.

He didn't play QB at App. St. because he was a great QB. He played QB because he was such an exceptional athelete that they wanted the ball in his hands every single play. He is going to be VERY good.

I am pretty sure he played QB at App. State because no other college wanted him to play QB. Every other college wanted him to play WR. He chose App. only because he would be playing QB. He has raw talent, could be considered a solid pick in 3 years, but right now... sitting at #33, I write him off as a waste. Anyone who thinks different is a bias fan.

#83 Cavscout

Cavscout

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 25 November 2010 - 07:35 PM

I am pretty sure he played QB at App. State because no other college wanted him to play QB. Every other college wanted him to play WR. He chose App. only because he would be playing QB. He has raw talent, could be considered a solid pick in 3 years, but right now... sitting at #33, I write him off as a waste. Anyone who thinks different is a bias fan.

I agree. Besides, if he is such a great athlete why can't he even catch a punt.

#84 chris999

chris999

HUDDLER

Posted 25 November 2010 - 07:48 PM

Yea I can understand that but I just dropped a couple grand on this season's tickets and just needed to feel better. As I was buying them this is what was going on in my mind, am I buying this tickets to see them win? Of course, but I have a feeling I'll be watching these games looking for who is a keeper and who isn't rather than focusing on a win.

I don't believe teams don't go into every season with an equal chance to win, I believe their chances are set up by them through different means and this year the panther's are set up to establish positions, not wins, even though obviously the latter is their ultimate goal.

Pantherbob hit the nail on the head.

Good responses guys I feel a little better :D

great old post, and it has become very much true.

haha pantherbob.

#85 run1stdownrun2nddown

run1stdownrun2nddown

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 26 November 2010 - 11:38 AM

Yea, Keeping Smitty+Moose would have been a lot worse than what we have now. This was before the purging of players. No one knew JR was going to do what he did to the extent he did it until it was done. This thread however, is after the fact.

But I still believe half of what I posted. Bring in a REAL QB and we don't need more receivers.

Honestly, how is a good QB going to help? You can thank John Fox because even if we did get a "good" QB he would never have the chance to actually perform, thanks to the amazing play calling of course.

#86 Icege

Icege

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

SUPPORTER

Posted 26 November 2010 - 01:51 PM

The team is a group of paid professionals, not an emotional mob such are the fans.

Yes. The goal is to win and have a job next season.

#87 ElkinPanthersFan

ElkinPanthersFan

Voice of Reason

SUPPORTER

Posted 26 November 2010 - 04:22 PM

No... we're gonna play not to lose.

We were? We have been playing not to lose since Fox got here.. It's the MO of Foxball.