Photo
- - - - -

The Republican party won't exist in about 15-20 years.

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#16 STIFFPAWED

STIFFPAWED

Streakin The Quad

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:08 PM

Great, now I'm going to cry myself to sleep tonight about the possibility of there being no republican party anymore. Thanks a lot.

X2

#17 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:10 PM

That's a great post SLJ. I agree with most of it. There's a couple points I'm not 100% with you on, but yeah, the gist of it, I'm right there with you on.

It isn't government... It isn't religion... It isn't money...

Can I take a stab at answering this?

What the world needs.... simply... is individual accountability.

Time after time after time, consequences are deferred because of status, influence, or the effects of having family with such.

It's a complex web of deceit that keeps those who have power, in power, and the same sort of web that is spun to allow anarchists, degenerates, and sociopaths to create the havok we've all be subjected to.

But, sadly, this will never be. As the human influence in determining the outcome of human behavior is too great. We'll never be free to objectively govern ourselves, as too many of us can't swallow their pride and look at situations objectively, because we can't look at our selves objectively.

Put it this way... if someone has a burning desire to want to do something harmful, be it to theirselves, others, or their culture, be it physically, monetarily, or socially.... and they let that desire control them, how can they objectively evaluate others behavior in other aspects of life?

They can't. Everything about that desire for money, or power, violence, sex, drugs, whatever, will taint their thinking, and prevent them from making the "best" judgment about another person's actions.

People forget, that any "system", be it healthcare, financial, immigration, political, or whatever, is controlled by human beings who experience desires for various things which control their actions, their evaluations, and their intents.

And sadly, the only time people's drives are put aside for the greater good, is when their is a greater threat of suffering to all. History teaches there is a cycle of property and suffering with our species... be it natural, or man-made. And things has been really good for most of mankind for the past 50-60 years.

So, in essence, we're f_ucked.

Edited by blackcatgrowl, 29 April 2010 - 04:29 PM.

#18 STIFFPAWED

STIFFPAWED

Streakin The Quad

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:19 PM

I think Jesse says it best.

#19 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,622 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:23 PM

With the changing demographics in our country, I don't think they will be relevent in 15 years. If they could keep the white voters they would be fine but..they can't. They try to use that tool Micheal Steele to get black people excited about their party and he has done nothing but turn me further away from them, and their politics. Oh well.

I think you are seriously underestimating the american people. Changing demographics may have a impact for a while, but eventually people will get tired on one party running everything and switch to a different party. If not republicans, some other more conservative party. And as blacks and hispanics become more afluent, they might get tired of paying ever increasing taxes.

#20 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,622 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:34 PM

FWIW, I don't think America as we know it, or even the world for that matter, will remain intact much longer than around 2026...

There are a number of factors that are currently contributing to the decline of civilization, and they include (but are not limited to) lack of:

Potable Water
Oil
Empathy
Alternative Energy methods

Now, speaking from an American standpoint, our downfall is going to be brought upon by greedy politicians, a broken economic system, in incapable justice system, and an overall disgust for our fellow country folk... I myself tire of the endless division among people between the simple words "left" and "right" and look forward to a day when these people extinguish each other... It isn't that far off either, as tensions on both sides are at an all-time-high... That is why I give it 16 years, tops... Also, this will give our country 250 years of existence, and honestly, that has already been too long...

You have religion, the government, and the economy invading every facet of life... We can't progress to a higher existence because we limit ourselves to a certain belief system... We can't bring prosperity to everyone because we are too concerned about ourselves and how we are somehow entitled to something more than someone else...

We don't need any rules or laws... Justice should be swift and equal to the crime... We don't need a dollar when the basic necessities of life are free to those willing and able to obtain them... We need to stop making commodities of everything and simply exist for the sake of existing... We don't need a deity to know how to love one another...

I get more and more disgusted as the days go by... Sure, I am guilty of playing into the system we have, and I feel bad about it most of the time... But then again, the system is pretty much setup where I have no other choice except to play along...

It is so frustrating that I can't even put it into words...

The whole world, not just America, needs a whole lot of something... I don't know what it is, but I know what it isn't...

Wow, what a pessimistic view. You have been watching to many Apocalyptic movies. IMO, short of something like major war involving major use of WMD's, or some unforeseen natural catrosphe, the type of collapse you foresee happening is extremely rare, and it is highly doubtful anything like that will happen to us. The last time it happened was to Rome I think, and they lasted a 1000 or more years in some form or fashion.

Crooked politicians have been with us as long as governments have, bad things happen, and the world still muddles along. These types of things aren't going to kill us.

The advancement of scientific knowledge might kill us, but crooked politicians will not.

Edited by Davidson Deac II, 29 April 2010 - 03:37 PM.

#21 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

• HUDDLER
  • 4,182 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:46 PM

Wow deac, didn't have you pegged as some kinda Luddite. :D

Advancement of scientific knowledge has been keeping people alive as much as it has been killing them, so I'm not with you on that score.
It has always been a double edged sword....for every nuke-ya-ler bomb you get a nuclear reactor to replace our fossil fuels, etc.

#22 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,853 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:51 PM

FWIW, I don't think America as we know it, or even the world for that matter, will remain intact much longer than around 2026...

There are a number of factors that are currently contributing to the decline of civilization, and they include (but are not limited to) lack of:

Potable Water
Oil
Empathy
Alternative Energy methods

Now, speaking from an American standpoint, our downfall is going to be brought upon by greedy politicians, a broken economic system, in incapable justice system, and an overall disgust for our fellow country folk... I myself tire of the endless division among people between the simple words "left" and "right" and look forward to a day when these people extinguish each other... It isn't that far off either, as tensions on both sides are at an all-time-high... That is why I give it 16 years, tops... Also, this will give our country 250 years of existence, and honestly, that has already been too long...

You have religion, the government, and the economy invading every facet of life... We can't progress to a higher existence because we limit ourselves to a certain belief system... We can't bring prosperity to everyone because we are too concerned about ourselves and how we are somehow entitled to something more than someone else...

We don't need any rules or laws... Justice should be swift and equal to the crime... We don't need a dollar when the basic necessities of life are free to those willing and able to obtain them... We need to stop making commodities of everything and simply exist for the sake of existing... We don't need a deity to know how to love one another...

I get more and more disgusted as the days go by... Sure, I am guilty of playing into the system we have, and I feel bad about it most of the time... But then again, the system is pretty much setup where I have no other choice except to play along...

It is so frustrating that I can't even put it into words...

The whole world, not just America, needs a whole lot of something... I don't know what it is, but I know what it isn't...

agreed 100%

#23 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,622 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:52 PM

Wow deac, didn't have you pegged as some kinda Luddite. :D

Advancement of scientific knowledge has been keeping people alive as much as it has been killing them, so I'm not with you on that score.
It has always been a double edged sword....for every nuke-ya-ler bomb you get a nuclear reactor to replace our fossil fuels, etc.

I'm really not. I love technology, wouldn't want to give it up.

But I also realize that the major threats to our society come from technology. Or to put it more clearly, our knowledge has outstripped our wisdom.

Edited by Davidson Deac II, 29 April 2010 - 03:54 PM.

#24 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• HUDDLER
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:54 PM

The last time it happened was to Rome I think, and they lasted a 1000 or more years in some form or fashion.

History repeats itself... the Egyptians, the Greek, the Babylonians, the Huns, the Persians, the Aztec...

Large societies rise... and they fall. Those that inherit the boons of their ancestors rarely (actually... so far, never) maintain the efforts of their forefathers that gave them the good fortunes.

It's just human nature.

And its happening in this country. There's been too many concessions to too many groups that do not have the best interests of the country at heart. Liberty and Freedom has been used as a perverse mantra to bring down and inhibit our judicial and law-making system from being effective.... and now that the system is bogged down beyond reprieve, there is no way out except reform backed up with action. This is known as revolution.

And when the U.S. falls into an internal whirlwind and things get sorted out, there probably won't be a U.S. after the dust settles.

And you can bank on the fact that once the U.S. stops giving aid and assistance to the world, all hell will break loose.

Except... next time around... when all hell breaks loose... instead of swords or even guns, the countries that hate each other will have nukes, chemical and biological weapons, long range missiles and bombers, and all manner of horrible weapons to unleash death with.

#25 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,622 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:59 PM

History repeats itself... the Egyptians, the Greek, the Babylonians, the Huns, the Persians, the Aztec...

Large societies rise... and they fall. Those that inherit the boons of their ancestors rarely (actually... so far, never) maintain the efforts of their forefathers that gave them the good fortunes.

It's just human nature.

And its happening in this country. There's been too many concessions to too many groups that do not have the best interests of the country at heart. Liberty and Freedom has been used as a perverse mantra to bring down and inhibit our judicial and law-making system from being effective.... and now that the system is bogged down beyond reprieve, there is no way out except reform backed up with action. This is known as revolution.

And when the U.S. falls into an internal whirlwind and things get sorted out, there probably won't be a U.S. after the dust settles.

And you can bank on the fact that once the U.S. stops giving aid and assistance to the world, all hell will break loose.

Except... next time around... when all hell breaks loose... instead of swords or even guns, the countries that hate each other will have nukes, chemical and biological weapons, long range missiles and bombers, and all manner of horrible weapons to unleash death with.

Egypt is still around. And those other societies didn't fall due to corrupt politicians, they fell because of military conquest. The history books do not back any of these assertions of imminent collapse.

#26 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

• HUDDLER
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 04:04 PM

Hopefully, there won't be ANY parties, just individuals.

#27 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,853 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 29 April 2010 - 04:06 PM

It's just human nature.

WWIII is just over the horizon. If and when we invade Iran, as Israel is so urging us to do, this will signify the beginning of this great war.

#28 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,084 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 04:07 PM

Den Jeebus is comin so watch out!

#29 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,853 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 29 April 2010 - 04:10 PM

Egypt is still around. And those other societies didn't fall due to corrupt politicians, they fell because of military conquest. The history books do not back any of these assertions of imminent collapse.

all empires and great civilizations are destined to fall. this country is no exception. the economy is going to fail. there's no way out of the black hole our "leaders" have been pushing us down. just because this is america, doesn't mean we're exempt from any of this.

#30 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,622 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 04:18 PM

Hopefully, there won't be ANY parties, just individuals.

Would love to see it, but I don't see it happening.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com