Photo
- - - - -

The Republican party won't exist in about 15-20 years.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
54 replies to this topic

#46 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 29 April 2010 - 05:27 PM

Go watch Idiocracy. That is where we are headed.

The Thomas theorem hard at work here.

probably not, the soviets probably would've defeated germany before they would've been able to take GB.

/sorry to nitpick.

I wanted to check sources first...

In 1941, if the Germans hadn't attacked the USSR, and Japan hadn't bombed Pearl Harbor bringing us into it, and instead focused on invading Great Britain and China, the Germans would probably have taken Great Britain in two years.

Edited by blackcatgrowl, 29 April 2010 - 05:59 PM.

#47 Jangler

Jangler

oddly perched

HUDDLER

Posted 29 April 2010 - 05:53 PM

Go watch Idiocracy. That is where we are headed.

:cool:

:lurk5:

:(

#48 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

HUDDLER

Posted 29 April 2010 - 06:08 PM

But, but if you keep unemployment high by making it cost prohibitive to do business in the US, there will never be any more Republicans! Yes, victory!

Say hello to a little thing called climate change legislation. It's already happening here in Cal.

#49 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

Banned

Posted 29 April 2010 - 08:24 PM

If I had my say in what direction of technology we explored, it would be making desalination more efficient and not so resource intensive...

It won't be long before we need to start desalinating the ocean pretty hardcore... With population still growing exponentially, potable water is going to be gone long before glacial areas melt enough to matter, and even when they do, maybe we will have made enough of a dent in ocean water consumption that it won't matter if they do melt some...

I'm not even thinking of solely the U.S. there, but the push for water is going to be one of the biggest battlefields in the future...

Another one is going to be cyber warfare... Financial systems will be reduced to rubble...

These are all pressure points against the average human... Little things will turn to major things, and then major things will lead to complete chaos... Most people teeter on the edge of sanity as it is, and with multiple stimuli, the reaction is pretty much guaranteed...

It will be survival of the fittest... Guns won't matter for long because ammo will run out... We'll all be back to sharpening crude instruments and fighting for survival against each other for things we now take for granted...

Look around you... Bees are still disappearing... The cost of things like rice have jumped 500% since 2005... Pretty soon (if you haven't already, I haven't investigated) you'll see water become a bigger commodity... That is only food and water...

We have oil being wasted into the ocean as we speak... Alternative energies exist but are not a long term solution due to cost and size/need ratio...

I'm not saying life will end... but life as we know it surely will...

Hopefully, my projection for 2026 is still pretty early, but I guarantee you we'll see the beginnings as more evident then, if you can't see them already...

#50 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

HUDDLER

Posted 29 April 2010 - 08:27 PM

If I had my say in what direction of technology we explored, it would be making desalination more efficient and not so resource intensive...

It won't be long before we need to start desalinating the ocean pretty hardcore... With population still growing exponentially, potable water is going to be gone long before glacial areas melt enough to matter, and even when they do, maybe we will have made enough of a dent in ocean water consumption that it won't matter if they do melt some...

I'm not even thinking of solely the U.S. there, but the push for water is going to be one of the biggest battlefields in the future...

Another one is going to be cyber warfare... Financial systems will be reduced to rubble...

These are all pressure points against the average human... Little things will turn to major things, and then major things will lead to complete chaos... Most people teeter on the edge of sanity as it is, and with multiple stimuli, the reaction is pretty much guaranteed...

It will be survival of the fittest... Guns won't matter for long because ammo will run out... We'll all be back to sharpening crude instruments and fighting for survival against each other for things we now take for granted...

Look around you... Bees are still disappearing... The cost of things like rice have jumped 500% since 2005... Pretty soon (if you haven't already, I haven't investigated) you'll see water become a bigger commodity... That is only food and water...

We have oil being wasted into the ocean as we speak... Alternative energies exist but are not a long term solution due to cost and size/need ratio...

I'm not saying life will end... but life as we know it surely will...

Hopefully, my projection for 2026 is still pretty early, but I guarantee you we'll see the beginnings as more evident then, if you can't see them already...

There actually is a big push for that right now. I've been saying it for a few years...I mean it's pretty obvious dontcha think...ocean, water WTF? The Israelis are way ahead of the curve on this one.

#51 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

Banned

Posted 29 April 2010 - 08:30 PM

The current methods are way too energy inefficient...

Israel is only ahead of the curve so they can have a monopoly on it and fug the rest of the world...

#52 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

HUDDLER

Posted 29 April 2010 - 08:36 PM

Israel is only ahead of the curve so they can have a monopoly on it and fug the rest of the world...

effing zionists

#53 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

HUDDLER

Posted 29 April 2010 - 08:38 PM

The Saudis too. :tongue:

Actually...I just remembered, San Diego has been talking about one for a year and it will prolly happen.

Edited by ChucktownK, 29 April 2010 - 08:45 PM.

#54 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

HUDDLER

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:07 PM

No... no... the ancient egyptian people were not the arabs that migrated there and eventually dominated the desert and Nile Delta. You are completely off on this point.

I'm sure some Modern day Egyptians could claim a tattering of authentic Egyptian decent... but more of them could identify with Persian or Arabian roots.

Ancient Egyptian culture was lost. Gone.

It's like saying a hand grenade is still there after it blows up. Yeah... you can pick up pieces of it and see that it was a hand grenade, but it's not a hand grenade anymore. It's gone.

You've sort of contradicted yourself with this point and proven mine at the same time. England has not gotten wiped out true... and that is ONLY by the intervention of the U.S. in two world wars.

Had we not protected them, the country would be known as the Germanic State of Großbritannien, and they would all be speaking German.

Actually, I can see the country being divided up into sub-countries of a loose alliance that has no world power.

Go watch Amerika. Replace the Russians with our own two parties acting together, and a scarily similar thing is already at work.

The Arabs took over the government, they didn't kill all the people. And as happens when two cultures clash, elements of both survive. And in fact, the Arabs, other than getting many of them to convert to Sunni Islam and following the rules of that religion, left most of the local culture intact. Its a near certainity that Egyptians owe as much of their ancestry to the ancient Egyptians as to Arabs. The truth is that both cultures are so intertwined, that it would be difficult to tell them apart. And I have been to both Egypt and Saudia Arabia, and there are certainly physical differences.

Amerika? I prefer to watch Jericho, its more realistic. But they are both fiction.

And I have neither contradicted my point, nor made yours. England did survive. In fact, they were likely to survive even without US entry into the war. There are no guarantees that the English would have been subdued by the Germans. As someone else said, its likely the Germans would have wore themselves down against Russia. And crossing the English channel would have been a extremely difficult task even without the war against Russia, and even if the Germans had worn down the English airpower. The English would have sacrificed their entire navy to stop a cross channel invasion.

The germans might have starved the english into suing for peace with the Uboats, but even that would have left England in power, even if only on its Island.

Edited by Davidson Deac II, 29 April 2010 - 10:11 PM.

#55 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

Banned

Posted 30 April 2010 - 07:43 AM

You watch Jericho and fail to acknowledge the capability of the government to attack their own citizens and paint someone else as the perpetrator?

lol

I know it is a fictional series (which I wish would come back on), but still, that was one of the very controversies when it was on...