Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I never post but need to say some things about the team

66 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Nice write up, and welcome to (posting on) the forum.

I think you'll find a lot of guys who are as optimistic as you are. I'm among them. I do worry about our run defense next year, but our strengths -- running the ball, good pass defense -- should make up for it.

I also agree that, had we started Moore last year, we would have won at least 10 games.

Posted · Report post

Nice first post!

Welcome to the huddle

Posted · Report post

Nice read. Welcome on board.

Posted · Report post

Nice first post. Rep.

Welcome aboard and if you have some bewbie pics, you know what to do....:D

Posted · Report post

NO U GUIZE THE SKY IS FALLING 4 SRS

:clutches his tinfoil hat:

Posted · Report post

nice post...totally agree except about the wild card berth....every1 should kno now i believe this truly is the year for a Purr-fit season...

Posted · Report post

Not to be a negative Nancy, but....

We will not have a top 10 run and pass D and O. Way to much to ask if you ask me.

Most likely we will have a top 5 run O, and top 10 pass D. But that is where it stops.

This is not a playoff team, and that's not saying that the sky is falling, nor that I am upset about it, but we do have some issues that will keep us from making a good run.

Posted · Report post

Fuzz you have really turned into a negative Nancy :(

Posted · Report post

You actually never post on this board. That was your first post.

Posted · Report post

he just needs some pie

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Kurb']Fuzz you have really turned into a negative Nancy :([/QUOTE]

I know, it's really not like me.

Personally I love what is going on this offseason, but I don't think that it amounts to a playoff year this year.

There are just a few questions that I have that I can't seem to shake. I guess I could start a thread and list them, and let some of you crack at them...

fuzz has always been hard on Hurney, but I do like what he is doing here right now...so there is some positive from theNancy.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Zcustom']he just needs some pie[/QUOTE]

mmmmmm....PIE

Posted · Report post

[quote name='thefuzz']Not to be a negative Nancy, but....

We will not have a top 10 run and pass D and O. Way to much to ask if you ask me.

Most likely we will have a top 5 run O, and top 10 pass D. But that is where it stops.

This is not a playoff team, and that's not saying that the sky is falling, nor that I am upset about it, but we do have some issues that will keep us from making a good run.[/QUOTE]

I just do not believe you can say that definitively. The truth is the team has the potential to be a top team in the NFC this season, at the same time the team does has potential to finish under 500.

I just think it comes down too all of our young players and how they step up across the board. We have seen flashes of some of them, but now they will have to perform on a consistent basis. I just think there are too many new pieces to say the team can not achieve this season. There are a lot of question-marks....But this team has plenty of talent with a high ceiling.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='theyhateme45']I just do not believe you can say that definitively. The truth is the team has the potential to be a top team in the NFC this season, at the same time the team does has potential to finish under 500.

I just think it comes down too all of our young players and how they step up across the board. We have seen flashes of some of them, but now they will have to perform on a consistent basis. I just think there are too many new pieces to say the team can not achieve this season. There are a lot of question-marks....But this team has plenty of talent with a high ceiling.[/QUOTE]

Definitively, no. What I can say, is that I will be absolutely shocked, and delighted if we have a top 10 Run D, Pass D, Run O and Pass O.

Do we have some talent? Absolutely. Do we have the talent across the board to be in front of 21 teams at the least in 4 of the 5 major categories in the NFL? Hell no.

We most likely will not be in the top 10 in Pass O, nor Run D. Sorry dude.

Posted · Report post

Everyone saying "hi" and "nice first post"...; this board has gone soft!
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Thanks for the welcoming words guys, as far as the Top 10 run D, I should clarify that I think that mostly because, I believe our schedule is pretty favorable and also that I believe once the Offense really starts clicking that hopefully a lot of teams will be playing from behind and have to abandon the run somewhat, I don't mean that our Run D personnel will be top 10 necessarily, but that would be nice
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='theyhateme45']I just do not believe you can say that definitively. The truth is the team has the potential to be a top team in the NFC this season, at the same time the team does has potential to finish under 500.

I just think it comes down too all of our young players and how they step up across the board. We have seen flashes of some of them, but now they will have to perform on a consistent basis. I just think there are too many new pieces to say the team can not achieve this season. There are a lot of question-marks....But this team has plenty of talent with a high ceiling.[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping they will step up like the OKC Thunder did this year

Posted · Report post

I agree 100%!!!

I feel like people here have absolutely NOTHING to complain about until our team shows nothing in the regular season. I mean we havent even seen this team play a pre-season game and already "its a rebuilding year."

We should be nothing but optomistic about this year. We havent seen competition at positions like this in 10years!

Come one people...and GREAT first post.

Posted · Report post

just when I thought we could have 1 thread, just 1, w/o someone b*tching about the team. great job pigskin +rep
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

wow, that was a helluva first post

Posted · Report post

I don't knock fuzz for his opinion...I think most of us are fans first and probably have an unrealistic sense of optimism (myself included) about the moves made.

I think of all the Colts defenses that Meeks ran, and they almost always struggled stopping the run. So I understand a lack of confidence in that area until we see how the new d-line performs.

I'll miss Peppers productivity, but I don't think he will perform as well now that he has his fat contract. (*except when they play against Carolina).

NOTE: This is not "complaining"...this is a person trying to put his heart aside and talk about his favorite team objectively.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='pigskinpicker'] I'm also a professional NFL handicapper and I advise people of who to bet on each and every week for a small cost.

[/QUOTE]

[img]http://jenden.us/storage/JD/img/cool_story_bro2.jpg[/img]
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I consulted to Oracle at Delphi, and she told me to remind the masses that John Fox's teams can only win in alternating years. Playoff berth it is!
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='slainte20']I don't knock fuzz for his opinion...I think most of us are fans first and probably have an unrealistic sense of optimism (myself included) about the moves made.

I think of all the Colts defenses that Meeks ran, and they almost always struggled stopping the run. So I understand a lack of confidence in that area until we see how the new d-line performs.

I'll miss Peppers productivity, but I don't think he will perform as well now that he has his fat contract. (*except when they play against Carolina).

NOTE: This is not "complaining"...this is a person trying to put his heart aside and talk about his favorite team objectively.[/QUOTE]

i dont think its unrealistically optimistic to say this is a 9 win team.