Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sword

Warren Sapp defends Matt Moore

112 posts in this topic

I had to re-install my audio driver in my laptop jeez! just got done listening and Rod came off as a MAJOR tool.

Matt Moore is the starter and hes earned that, but people are overrating the 5 games he played. He played under unique circumstances that allowed him to succeed. He had no pressure to win whats so ever, he had no QB competition whats so ever. He was playing with house money. Lets just see how he does when there is a bullseye on his back, when he knows hes the man and has to perform with the team on his shoulders and other teams have tape on him. Im not taking sides but starting the season as the starter is different then coming in for a guy that got benched at the end of the season.

Roachkiller coming itt and stealing my arguments with douches on bleacherreport.

I felt like smacking Woodson right there. OK?!?!?! What the f**k do you want? 4 wins 1 loss and in the Giants and Vikings games dominated two playoff hungry teams. Say what you want about him being an unknown commodity, because of lack of experience, but to say that Moore played only OK at the end of last season is ridiculous?

He also would have won in NE if the Refs would not have won the game for them. That was the most ridiculous called game I have ever seen. We picked NE apart till the refs gave them 2 TDS.

two words: Derek Anderson

Well, that proves your point, I guess. :rolleyes:

Care to tell me how you know for a fact that Moore won't do the same thing his former teammate in Dallas did? You know, Tony Romo? Both were UFA's who sat the bench for a couple of years before they got their shot. Just because you can name one guy that failed, does not prove anything. Hell, you might as well say that Sam Bradford don't have a chance in hell because Jemarcus Russel was drafted #1 overall and failed.

Matt Moore is the starter and hes earned that, but people are overrating the 5 games he played. He played under unique circumstances that allowed him to succeed. He had no pressure to win whats so ever, he had no QB competition whats so ever. He was playing with house money. Lets just see how he does when there is a bullseye on his back, when he knows hes the man and has to perform with the team on his shoulders and other teams have tape on him. Im not taking sides but starting the season as the starter is different then coming in for a guy that got benched at the end of the season.

I don't know where everybody is getting this notion that Matt Moore had no pressure to win, or that the games didn't matter for the other teams. How did that MNF game not matter for the Vikings when they were still fighting for home field advantage in the play offs, which BTW would have helped them tremendously if they had won it? How do you figure that the Giants didn't give a poo about winning their final game in the old Giants stadium? How were there not any pressure on Matt Moore when he was finally getting his chance to win a starting job that he had been working for all this time? I don't agree at all that there was no pressure on that young man.

3 people like this

Like.. they get really choppy sometimes?

Anyways, I'm not entirely sold on Moore because he played well, but the games were pretty much meaningless..

But Woodson is horrible at making sense.

I am not sold on Moore either, but I even less sold on a guy who has never played a single NFL down.

Of course, I am glad they drafted Clausen. If Moore doesn't work out, maybe he will. But right now, the job is and should be Moore's to lose.

I don't know where everybody is getting this notion that Matt Moore had no pressure to win, or that the games didn't matter for the other teams. How did that MNF game not matter for the Vikings when they were still fighting for home field advantage in the play offs, which BTW would have helped them tremendously if they had won it? How do you figure that the Giants didn't give a poo about winning their final game in the old Giants stadium? How were there not any pressure on Matt Moore when he was finally getting his chance to win a starting job that he had been working for all this time? I don't agree at all that there was no pressure on that young man.

How is that pressure on Moore? Thats pressure on the Vikings and Giants, not Moore. Of course, just being a starter on an NFL football team is pressure, but he had no pressure to win, Carolina wasnt fighting for anything important. The only pressure he had was to not be a scrub. JMO.

Moore's season rests on the shoulders of the WRs. That may be obvious, as they catch the balls, but if everyone not named Steve Smith doesn't step up...Moore will not get us to the Playoffs. Period.

I wonder how many Panthers games Sapp actually watched at the end of last season? IN fact, I wonder how many full games any analyst watches.

"How were there not any pressure on Matt Moore when he was finally getting his chance to win a starting job that he had been working for all this time?"

You're assuming he had any expectations of such when he was playing last year. Chris Harris said he wouldn't have believed for a minute, at the end of last season, that we would have made all the cuts we did during the off-season.

I don't know what was going on inside Matt Moore's head at that time, but there's nothing that says Matt Moore 100% expected to become the starter in 2010 until Jake was cut and he received the highest tender possible.

I think he'll play at least okay if he starts a full season, but to dismiss the fact that he hasn't had to play with any real pressure on him is ignoring a legitimate concern imo.

He's THE guy now, and when he comes out on opening day, every team is in the playoff hunt, and every game matters. Matt needs to make a dramatic shift in the way he has traditionally viewed playing the quarterback position in the NFL, or Clausen WILL overtake him and start from Day 1. If he can do that, he'll be fine. I have some legitimate concerns about whether or not he can, however.

I heard the Cowboys were shopping Patrick Crayton.....

I wonder what they would take for him.

"How were there not any pressure on Matt Moore when he was finally getting his chance to win a starting job that he had been working for all this time?"

You're assuming he had any expectations of such when he was playing last year. Chris Harris said he wouldn't have believed for a minute, at the end of last season, that we would have made all the cuts we did during the off-season.

I don't know what was going on inside Matt Moore's head at that time, but there's nothing that says Matt Moore 100% expected to become the starter in 2010 until Jake was cut and he received the highest tender possible.

I think he'll play at least okay if he starts a full season, but to dismiss the fact that he hasn't had to play with any real pressure on him is ignoring a legitimate concern imo.

He's THE guy now, and when he comes out on opening day, every team is in the playoff hunt, and every game matters. Matt needs to make a dramatic shift in the way he has traditionally viewed playing the quarterback position in the NFL, or Clausen WILL overtake him and start from Day 1. If he can do that, he'll be fine. I have some legitimate concerns about whether or not he can, however.

You are all missing the point. Whether Matt Moore expected to become the starter or not, every time he got a chance to play in a regular season game, that was his audition, not only for the Panthers, but for some other team if it doesn't work out here. What these guys put on tape means everything to them if they want to keep playing in this league, and that is a lot of pressure no matter how you slice it.