• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#16 panthers4life27

panthers4life27

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 08:13 PM

I vote Moore. Moore will open eyes this year and I believe he will take us to the playoffs.

and this is why the pick of CLausen seems 100% pointless.We should have just grabbed golden tate w. that pick and then we would still be adding qb depth w. Pike...We should also sign Mark Bulger for the league minimum to be a veteran presence for all these young QB's we have

#17 jramsey4

jramsey4

"Blisters on me Fingers"

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 08:15 PM

and this is why the pick of CLausen seems 100% pointless.We should have just grabbed golden tate w. that pick and then we would still be adding qb depth w. Pike...We should also sign Mark Bulger for the league minimum to be a veteran presence for all these young QB's we have

Its far from pointless but I would have done that personally (but would have went Jarret Brown in the 6th myself). Clausen gives us some insurance both for the Future and Immediate.

#18 panthers4life27

panthers4life27

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 08:30 PM

Matt Moore is only 25 and if he plays like he did last year consistently then clausen will just ride the bench

#19 God

God

Attitude

• HUDDLER
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 08:32 PM

Ok....I'm all for the competition at TC but fo'real nobody's really giving Moore credit...

http://sports.espn.g...john&id=5146633

I mean damn no matter what happens, every1 cant be jumping on the clausen wagon or it'll breakdown before it takes off....makes me want moore

LOL John Clayton.

#20 necroplasm

necroplasm

• HUDDLER
  • 2,092 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 08:36 PM

Master should be resting.... master needs to keep up his strength

#21 OneBadassCat

OneBadassCat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 08:51 PM

Matt Moore is only 25 and if he plays like he did last year consistently then clausen will just ride the bench

I really think if Moore comes out and plays lights out that the FO will resign him long term and put Clausen on the trading block in a year. At that point Moore would have proven to be a great QB and I really doubt they would let him get away just to give Jimmy his shot.

#22 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,627 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 29 April 2010 - 08:52 PM

No.

Lets hear your reasons why Moore will not continue to play as well as he did during the last 5 games of 2009.

#23 Razzy

Razzy

Banned

• HUDDLER
  • 3,053 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:03 PM

If Matt Moore plays well enough to get us into the playoffs, we will try to resign him. If he continues to play that well Clausen will probably be traded while he still has value.

#24 roaddog96

roaddog96

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:06 PM

I really think if Moore comes out and plays lights out that the FO will resign him long term and put Clausen on the trading block in a year. At that point Moore would have proven to be a great QB and I really doubt they would let him get away just to give Jimmy his shot.

two words: Derek Anderson

#25 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,463 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:12 PM

I had to re-install my audio driver in my laptop jeez! just got done listening and Rod came off as a MAJOR tool.

#26 RoachKiller

RoachKiller

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:14 PM

Matt Moore is the starter and hes earned that, but people are overrating the 5 games he played. He played under unique circumstances that allowed him to succeed. He had no pressure to win whats so ever, he had no QB competition whats so ever. He was playing with house money. Lets just see how he does when there is a bullseye on his back, when he knows hes the man and has to perform with the team on his shoulders and other teams have tape on him. Im not taking sides but starting the season as the starter is different then coming in for a guy that got benched at the end of the season.

#27 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• HUDDLER
  • 10,124 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:17 PM

Roachkiller coming itt and stealing my arguments with douches on bleacherreport.

#28 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,482 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:21 PM

I felt like smacking Woodson right there. OK?!?!?! What the f**k do you want? 4 wins 1 loss and in the Giants and Vikings games dominated two playoff hungry teams. Say what you want about him being an unknown commodity, because of lack of experience, but to say that Moore played only OK at the end of last season is ridiculous?

He also would have won in NE if the Refs would not have won the game for them. That was the most ridiculous called game I have ever seen. We picked NE apart till the refs gave them 2 TDS.

#29 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:28 PM

two words: Derek Anderson

Well, that proves your point, I guess. :rolleyes:

Care to tell me how you know for a fact that Moore won't do the same thing his former teammate in Dallas did? You know, Tony Romo? Both were UFA's who sat the bench for a couple of years before they got their shot. Just because you can name one guy that failed, does not prove anything. Hell, you might as well say that Sam Bradford don't have a chance in hell because Jemarcus Russel was drafted #1 overall and failed.

#30 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:32 PM

Matt Moore is the starter and hes earned that, but people are overrating the 5 games he played. He played under unique circumstances that allowed him to succeed. He had no pressure to win whats so ever, he had no QB competition whats so ever. He was playing with house money. Lets just see how he does when there is a bullseye on his back, when he knows hes the man and has to perform with the team on his shoulders and other teams have tape on him. Im not taking sides but starting the season as the starter is different then coming in for a guy that got benched at the end of the season.

I don't know where everybody is getting this notion that Matt Moore had no pressure to win, or that the games didn't matter for the other teams. How did that MNF game not matter for the Vikings when they were still fighting for home field advantage in the play offs, which BTW would have helped them tremendously if they had won it? How do you figure that the Giants didn't give a poo about winning their final game in the old Giants stadium? How were there not any pressure on Matt Moore when he was finally getting his chance to win a starting job that he had been working for all this time? I don't agree at all that there was no pressure on that young man.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.