• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Britneck

Britneck

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 02:06 PM

Is anyone using this instead of Time Warner? I just signed up for it. Its getting put in on Friday. If you sign up now they give you 100 dollars cash and 100 towards 1st bill. I only had HBO with TW and now i get all the movie channels plus more HD channels and its still 20 dollars cheaper then TW. If anyone is using it let me know what you think of it.

#2 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 11,886 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 02:08 PM

The girl I'm seeing does. She got hooked up with the big ass package for the same price as the mid package, so she's got everything.

It is pretty cool that you can watch a recorded show from any room without buying more equipment.

#3 Britneck

Britneck

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 02:16 PM

The girl I'm seeing does. She got hooked up with the big ass package for the same price as the mid package, so she's got everything.

It is pretty cool that you can watch a recorded show from any room without buying more equipment.

Yeah thats one of the main things that sold me on it. My girl gets pissed when i play xbox on the big tv cause she cant watch her shows she put on the dvr and you can record 4 shows at the same time instead of 2.

#4 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,408 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 08 January 2009 - 02:17 PM

I thought this crap was super expensive?

#5 Britneck

Britneck

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 02:20 PM

I thought this crap was super expensive?

Nah. Its cheaper and they give you money to sign up. My bill with every channel and internet is 118. It was 140 with TW and all i had was HBO.

#6 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,408 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 08 January 2009 - 02:24 PM

Nah. Its cheaper and they give you money to sign up. My bill with every channel and internet is 118. It was 140 with TW and all i had was HBO.

They don't offer it in Matthews/Stallings where I live ;( Too bad.

#7 APCegr

APCegr

Huddle Engineer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 02:24 PM

I have it, its a pretty good service, I do not know if its better then DirecTv, but if you can get it in your area, i would definitely recommend it... It is ten times better then TW and better customer service, at AT&T you actually talk to someone who might actually have a high school diploma, not so much at TW

#8 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,408 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 08 January 2009 - 02:26 PM

I have it, its a pretty good service, I do not know if its better then DirecTv, but if you can get it in your area, i would definitely recommend it... It is ten times better then TW and better customer service, at AT&T you actually talk to someone who might actually have a high school diploma, not so much at TW

Does anyone have any idea on when they are going to branch out? Are you guys directly in Charlotte?

#9 APCegr

APCegr

Huddle Engineer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 02:48 PM

Yeha i live in University Area, i am not sure when they are branching out... I cannot get their internet service though... but there is a AT&T store across the street.. strange...

#10 Britneck

Britneck

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 02:51 PM

Does anyone have any idea on when they are going to branch out? Are you guys directly in Charlotte?

Yeah im in Charlotte. I did hear Matthews doesn't have it yet. Matthews also doesn't have one of the Dish services for some reason. Some problem with a law or something. A buddy was telling me about it. So it might be awhile for Matthews to get it.

#11 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,408 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 08 January 2009 - 02:53 PM

I've looked around and I'm pretty sure Dish and DirectTV both offer it to Matthews area.

#12 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • 5,216 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 01:05 PM

How many recievers do you get?
Also, is installation free?
And how many HD Channels do you get?
Do they have a phone bundle?

#13 Ncstatefan

Ncstatefan

GO PACK!!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 01:15 PM

They sent us a letter up here in Raleigh that they were coming but I won't know how that'll be since I'm graduating this year

#14 tarheelpride

tarheelpride

Logic is optional

• HUDDLER
  • 2,917 posts
  • LocationMiddle of Nowhere, NC

Posted 09 January 2009 - 01:23 PM

never heard of it but it already sounds better than the piece of sh*t charter that i have here at home

#15 Britneck

Britneck

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 01:46 PM

How many recievers do you get?
Also, is installation free?
And how many HD Channels do you get?
Do they have a phone bundle?

Installation is free.
I think its 85 hd channels. I know it was more then TW.
You have to have a box for each tv. Can't just plug into the wall. I got a dvr and 3 regular boxes with every channel and internet and my total was 118. You can watch what you recorded on every box you have though.
Yes they have a phone bundle but not sure how much extra that is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.