39 replies to this topic

#1 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,464 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 10:08 AM

I got the worst one I ever had. My head is agony! Any suggestions?

#2 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • 13,304 posts
  • LocationThe Brew Wing

Posted 03 May 2010 - 10:20 AM

shower, water, greasy food. if that doesn't work....hair of the dog!

#3 Sapper

Sapper

Healthy Scratch

• HUDDLER
  • 2,703 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 03 May 2010 - 10:57 AM

Time travel back to yesterday and refrain from drinking when you arrive (though I usually have to be drunk to time travel, so I guess that's a paradox)

Otherwise, bloody maries.

#4 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,443 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 10:57 AM

AA??

#5 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • 13,304 posts
  • LocationThe Brew Wing

Posted 03 May 2010 - 10:58 AM

AA is for quitters

#6 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 11:00 AM

have a drink and go hide in the corner until the pain goes away! I recommend a couple ounces of vodka in a large glass filled 50/50 with gatorade and red bull

if you can't have a drink....lots of water, a gatorade and a double 1/4 pounder with cheese.

#7 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,252 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 11:05 AM

go jump in a pool

#8 The Saltman

The Saltman

I have Returned

• Moderators
  • 24,877 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 11:07 AM

smoke a j

#9 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• HUDDLER
  • 10,464 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 11:10 AM

I havent drink in a month or so. I took 2 tylenol, 3 motrin, and ate eggs with bacon. I think I feel much better.

#10 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 6,044 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 11:16 AM

Time.....it is the only thing that really works but Hawks idea of the vodka/gatorade/red bull thing would help a bit. I have done a similar method with decent results.

I have gotten to the point where I cannot stand hangovers because they seem to last so much longer than years ago. I vowed this year to avoid them at all costs. So far this year I have had 1.5 hangovers which is not too bad.

.5 was a minor one from a New Years party

and the 1 was from hanging out with Cooter and Livermush a couple of Saturday's ago but I went into that knowing I was going to pay the next day.

#11 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • 13,304 posts
  • LocationThe Brew Wing

Posted 03 May 2010 - 11:20 AM

i avoid taking OTC meds cuz they will do a number on your stomach over time. saltman's suggestion is a great one if you like to use that sort of thing.

i do

#12 Britneck

Britneck

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 12:06 PM

Bloody Mary.

#13 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 12:09 PM

I havent drink in a month or so. I took 2 tylenol, 3 motrin, and ate eggs with bacon. I think I feel much better.

woohooo...kick the crap out of that liver...make it pay!!!!!

and yes....JR was right, Hawk's idea is a great idea! Little hair of the dog mixed in with some instant energy and some electrolytes...if you can afford to be a veg for a while, works like a damn...for me anyway!

#14 SorthNarolina

SorthNarolina

• HUDDLER
  • 6,407 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 01:33 PM

chug any kind of fruit juice and water. take a multi-vitamin. Take about 2-3 showers the morning and day after, scrub every inch of your skin. Do some cardio.

Your body tries to get rid of impurities through sweat and pee. So sweat and pee as much as you can. But make sure you are staying hydrated, drink as much liquids as possible.

Don't drink more alcohol that just extends it. What I do above works just as fast. If you have a really bad one then nothing will work except time. Take something for the headache/sour stomach but that's it.

The easiest way is just through prevention, take a B vitamin, drink 1 water for every 2 beers minimum. Take a shower as soon as you wake up. If you drank so much that you wake up in a bathtub then your already ahead of the game:D

#15 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 6,044 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 01:40 PM

chug any kind of fruit juice and water. take a multi-vitamin. Take about 2-3 showers the morning and day after, scrub every inch of your skin. Do some cardio.

Your body tries to get rid of impurities through sweat and pee. So sweat and pee as much as you can. But make sure you are staying hydrated, drink as much liquids as possible.

Don't drink more alcohol that just extends it. What I do above works just as fast. If you have a really bad one then nothing will work except time. Take something for the headache/sour stomach but that's it.

The easiest way is just through prevention, take a B vitamin, drink 1 water for every 2 beers minimum. Take a shower as soon as you wake up. If you drank so much that you wake up in a bathtub then your already ahead of the game:D

That is some great advice also. I have used the multivitamin/B vitamin and cadio thing and it worked great. Hardest part is getting out the door and getting some cardio but even a brisk walk around the block will make you feel much better. As for the vitamins, my wife has injectable B vitamins at the house and a terrible hangover is about the only time I could stick myslef but it does work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.