Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rookie Clausen's fire impresses Panthers

35 posts in this topic

Posted

i agree with you completely. i want whoever starts this season to be the best QB that we have, reguardless who it is. i think that matt should start, but am secretly hoping that claussen is so good, that he takes the starting position.

it would be awesome for him to be that "franchise QB" in Carolina that we have never really had.

I actually want Moore to start regardless.. Clausen may be the most NFL ready of the rookies taken in this draft, but he still needs a year to sit and learn...

Posted

I actually want Moore to start regardless.. Clausen may be the most NFL ready of the rookies taken in this draft, but he still needs a year to sit and learn...

i agree that he should sit and learn, but i just think that he has a good chance to win the job. the only other QB he has to learn from on the roster is moore who has only played a few games. who really knows how much the FO likes matt moore? they say he is the starter, but after that, they try to trade up for a QB at pick 33 who they obviously like alot.

he is a rookie, but alot of rookies lately have taken their team to the playoffs during they're rookie season. some of them are pretty good football teams like the jets and baltimore. even matt ryan looked good his rook season.

i guess i am just trying to say that there is a better chance for him to start than people are expecting. i think it could be 50-50% by the time preseason starts.

Posted

You're a great poster and seem to really be a dip poo, but I guess you have to be in order to last around here. You selectively quote snips from an article that could just as easily be bolded the other way and that's an asshole thing to do, but I have to respect the effort and I look forward to posting on this message board with you for a long time.

Relax, bro. I was complimentary.

that was a bold move there jim lets see how it plays out for him .. you're exactly right chris this could get ugly :D

Posted

You're a great poster and seem to really be a dip poo, but I guess you have to be in order to last around here. You selectively quote snips from an article that could just as easily be bolded the other way and that's an asshole thing to do, but I have to respect the effort and I look forward to posting on this message board with you for a long time.

Relax, bro. I was complimentary.

Thanks for the kind words.

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks for the kind words.

Oh, you're quite welcome.

1 person likes this

Posted

lol I genuinely feel bad for Matt Moore. I hope the at least start him this season so he can succeed with another team in 2011 or 2012 if there's a lockout.

Posted

Clausen responded: "LOL (laughing out loud)

Die Chandler.

Posted

Clausen responded: "LOL (laughing out loud)

Die Chandler.

That was a direct quote. Quarterbacks are very transparent in their communication. We're just lucky he wasn't laughing his mother f**king ass off.

Posted

Sounds like Jordan Gross is still butt hurt over Delhomme's cut or is backing Moore really hard. Either way, suck it up man. There are some serious negative overtones in his words about Clausen. Maybe he just doesn't like him, but I think it's a case of him wanting his old QB back.

How do you get that from "I hope he's the next Peyton Manning."

?

Posted

That was a direct quote. Quarterbacks are very transparent in their communication. We're just lucky he wasn't laughing his mother f**king ass off.

No what annoys me is when writers insist on spelling out what lol means. I don't know why, but it drives me up the wall.

Posted

i agree that he should sit and learn, but i just think that he has a good chance to win the job. the only other QB he has to learn from on the roster is moore who has only played a few games. who really knows how much the FO likes matt moore? they say he is the starter, but after that, they try to trade up for a QB at pick 33 who they obviously like alot.

he is a rookie, but alot of rookies lately have taken their team to the playoffs during they're rookie season. some of them are pretty good football teams like the jets and baltimore. even matt ryan looked good his rook season.

i guess i am just trying to say that there is a better chance for him to start than people are expecting. i think it could be 50-50% by the time preseason starts.

He wouldn't sit the bench to learn from Matt Moore.. he would sit the bench and learn from the QB coach and everyone around him.. The current QB doesn't restrict him from learning and settling into this NFL position...

so hopefully no matter how good he is, that he sits..

but yeah, he does have a good shot to start because no one has outright won the job since Jake left..