Photo
- - - - -

Your thoughts on Hunting

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

Poll: How do you feel about hunting of wild animals? (51 member(s) have cast votes)

How do you feel about hunting of wild animals?

1. I think it’s a GREAT sport! (4 votes [7.84%])

Percentage of vote: 7.84%

2. I think it’s a legitimate way to obtain food. (22 votes [43.14%])

Percentage of vote: 43.14%

3. I think its important people know how to hunt in case of a collapse of society. (9 votes [17.65%])

Percentage of vote: 17.65%

4. I think it’s inhumane and not necessary for our survival. (5 votes [9.80%])

Percentage of vote: 9.80%

5. I have no opinion on it. (5 votes [9.80%])

Percentage of vote: 9.80%

6. Other – Specify below (6 votes [11.76%])

Percentage of vote: 11.76%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,311 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:07 PM

I hunt I dont stand hunt I get out in the woods and try to stalk the deer and get in the woods. Growing up deer meat was a main staple for me as it was a cheap alternative to cow meat. Now that I am older I still hunt but it is not the killing of the deer I enjoy. It is the challenge of killing it and just realising how easy it is we have it in life now.

#32 Cuttinedge

Cuttinedge

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 06:59 AM

Coyotes don't kill pets. They hunt them.

Just sayin'.

You really think it's that hard for a coyote to kill some little foo foo house dog that is let out in the middle of the night to relieve itself?? " just saying" you think a yote has to plan some elaborate stalk to hunt and kill that poor little house pet while it is taking a dump in it's front yard.:rolleyes:

I understand what your saying about encroaching ,same thing to an extent is happening around here with all the housing developments. But they are not running out of their food source because of hunting. Their food source isn't being killed off by hunters but drove away and killed off because of surburban development. There would be alot less starved and emaciated cougars if they would legalize Mt. Lion hunting.
The only predator that Mt. Lions have is man himself when you don't allow hunting of these animals , their numbers go unchecked couple that with all the encroachment and it would not matter their natural territory would not even be able to sustain all the cougars food requirements.
Hence the attacks on easier targets.

#33 Captroop

Captroop

Pronounced, "Cat Poop"

• HUDDLER
  • 4,640 posts
  • LocationNot Telling... CatofWar might find me.

Posted 05 May 2010 - 07:44 AM

If you eat what you kill, I got no beef. I eat meat, and I won't give you shiz because you choose to eat meat you kill instead of a butcher. Hunting for sport is the stupidest of all stupid human activities. If you think killing a 120 pound herbivore, with a high-powered rifle and camouflage is a challenge, you are sofa king wee todd did.

If you want to make hunting a sport, the rule should be that you can kill anything in the game preserve; other hunters included. Because then the hunter can't just stalk a deer, he's got to constantly be on the lookout for other hunters, move stealthily, quietly and invisibly. The thrill of the kill tempered with a constant sense of fear for your life. A pounding sense of paranoia that at any moment you could be in someone's crosshairs, and that you can't linger anywhere too long (much less in a camouflaged stand in a tree with a six pack of PBR). That's a fuggin' sport right there.

Plus it would cull the herd of rednecks in this country a little

#34 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,512 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 07:56 AM

You really think it's that hard for a coyote to kill some little foo foo house dog that is let out in the middle of the night to relieve itself??

About as hard as shooting a deer stopping to nibble on something from 50 ft away with a projectile that travels much faster than they can run.

#35 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,445 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 05 May 2010 - 08:00 AM

there's a right to hunt? since when?

Falls in with the rights to: Have a good paying job, have a house, have free healthcare....

#36 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,445 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 05 May 2010 - 08:03 AM

One of the biggest reasons to support hunting of Deer in NC is to keep the population under control. They have no natural predators that I can think of and without a hunting season they would die from starvation/disease/cars.

Understand there exists a difference in "Sport" and "trophy" hunting.
One is just killing things, the other is killing things that have reached a certain age/standard.

#37 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,305 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 08:18 AM

I used to hunt deer when I was <20 and into my early 20s, but I haven't really hunted in a looong time. Do some dove hunting very infrequently. I can't tell you the last time I've actually fired one of my guns. I'm more of a fisherman.

As far as what I feel about it, I don't support just wholesale slaughter. You eat what you kill, or you take the time to prepare it for someone that would appreciate eating what you kill. When I was in my teens, we'd kill dozens and dozens of dove (4-5 guys) and we'd get the breasts out of them and drop them off and this poor dude that lived near us. Deer meat too. My father would make tons of deer jerky and give it away.

I've kinda carried that attitude to fishing. If I'm not going to eat or prepare it to be eaten, I don't keep it. I'm pretty much a catch and release 95% of the time.

#38 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 16,928 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 08:58 AM

They had online hunting in Texas for a while but it got shut down.

The idea of sitting at your computer and blasting away at animals remotely is interesting

#39 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,493 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 09:29 AM

One of the biggest reasons to support hunting of Deer in NC is to keep the population under control. They have no natural predators that I can think of and without a hunting season they would die from starvation/disease/cars.

What about hunting black bears? Or moose?

#40 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

• Banned
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 09:33 AM

bears hunt now?

Posted Image

Darwinian Justice!

#41 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

• Banned
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 09:35 AM

Also, they once made a movie about g5jamz's hunting adventures...

Posted Image

#42 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,305 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 09:37 AM

Also, they once made a movie about g5jamz's hunting adventures...

Posted Image

Virtually yes...big MW2 fan and most other ww2 FPS fan.

I'd rather shoot a human than most other animals. Virtually of course.

#43 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

• Banned
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 09:38 AM

Especially if they are black homeless people...

#44 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,512 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 09:39 AM

I feel the same way about hunting as I do about golf: If you enjoy it, do it, but understand nothing that can be done by overweight middle aged guys while drinking beer will ever be considered a sport.

Of course we joke about hunters now but when the end times come and there's nothing left but stocked property with pre-manufactured tree stands and deer bait and the only thing we have left to hunt with is expensive shotguns with plentiful ammo, we’ll be begging these guys for food.

#45 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,305 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 09:40 AM

Especially if they are black homeless people...

Pfft...homeless people don't have xboxes or a Live account.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.