Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

southcakalac

Drinking the Eric Norwood Koolaid

47 posts in this topic

Sounds like he has allot of potential, but I have to see the kid play a little at the NFL level before I'm willing to drink the kool-aid.

While Norwood's not got CB type coverage abilities I think he's very underrated when not rushing the QB, as can be witnessed by the pick six(very smoooooth) in last years Georgia game which can be seen at 1:34 into the video... Norwood's got excellent field vision and is always anticipating making big plays that tend to lead to turnovers more often than not.

nothin against the guy but if he hadn't caught that ball it would've hit him in the face. that was just bad decision making on the part of the QB.

nothin against the guy but if he hadn't caught that ball it would've hit him in the face. that was just bad decision making on the part of the QB.

Your right, but 99% of INT's are bad decisions made by the QB for whatever reason(bad protection, WR running wrong routes, throwing of his back foot, etc, etc...) That's the point though, How many LB'ers would have dropped the sh*t or had it bounce off their facemask?

He read and reacted to the play, picked the ball off and took it back for 6. He had the athletism and awareness to make the play, period. Like I said before, of course Norwood doesn't have DB type coverage skills, but to say he can't cover underneath what-so-ever is wrong. People can say what they want about him but "at the end of the day" the kid is a football player that makes big play's, plain and simple. :D

Norwood2.jpg

1 person likes this

Norwood was the steal of the draft for us. Yes I am a huge Gamecock fan but regardless, this kid has a non-stop motor and he makes plays. If he is used only for ST it will be a huge mistake. I project him being used as a situational pass rusher rotating in with a very solid LB core.

We may even run some 3-4 sets this year with the talent and depth at the LB position. You want your most talented players on the field and the LB core is oozing with talent.

also think he will contribute on more than special teams but the fact that he can do more than one thing is what i like, and the panthers seem to draft alot of multi postion players over the last couple of drafts

Norwood is becoming the Hilee Taylor of 09 on here.

Last time we got a bunch of UNC fans claiming on how Taylor would be the bomb digity. He made the team at least. Didn't really do much with it. I think he got a sack in a regular season game, I can't remember.

Now we have a bunch of USC fans hyping Norwood a good bit. He's a 4th round pick, I think people need to calm down a little bit. At least wait until TC and preseason to see what he's got. If he starts playing well in the regular season then maybe it's acceptable to have a mancrush on him.

Hey! I was not wrong about Captain last year. :D Yes we know he hasn't played but he is already better than Hilee Taylor.

I also said a key word in my OP. I believe it was develop.

1 person likes this

hilee taylor is still on the team and did contibute to special teams and i think he was hurt alot last year( could be wrong)

Taylor was also a 7th round draft pick, as opposed to a 4th rounder...

Norwood is becoming the Hilee Taylor of 09 on here.

Last time we got a bunch of UNC fans claiming on how Taylor would be the bomb digity. He made the team at least. Didn't really do much with it. I think he got a sack in a regular season game, I can't remember.

Now we have a bunch of USC fans hyping Norwood a good bit. He's a 4th round pick, I think people need to calm down a little bit. At least wait until TC and preseason to see what he's got. If he starts playing well in the regular season then maybe it's acceptable to have a mancrush on him.

in norwoods defense .. nobody ever heard of hilee taylor before we drafted him .. norwood was always on espn whenever south carolina was talked about as a matter of fact he is the only one they talked about aside from head coach .. mix that in with all time records for tackles for loss and sacks at carolina and lets see how it plays out

1 person likes this