Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BOBCATS Should Go After DWADE

46 posts in this topic

Posted

I am about to upset quite a few fans. The suggestion will be seen as heresy by some but it has a solid touch of logic. So please try to have a open mind.

A favorite player of mine and many others will have to be on the trading block. The deal is Gerald Wallace and Nzar Mohamed for Chris Paul. We do not resign Raymond Felton. The second part of the restructuring is trading Boris Diaw and Diop to the Washington Wizards for Josh Howard.

My reasoning is i feel the Wizards may be hesitant to keep the somewhat mercurial off court presence that J-Howard is turning out to be after the Arenas Debacle. Getting two solid veteran in exchange is better than just letting him go when his team option clause kicks in. Then to the Hornets. Collison has turned out to be a steal. Paul is increasingly becoming expensive to retain. The Hornets have the aging Peja at SF and not much else. Putting G-Force on the court with West, Thornton, and Collison would be a new look Hornets along with Nzar backing up Omeka.

This would give us a depth chart of

PG- Paul, Augustin

SG- Hendo, Graham

SF- Howard, Brown

PF- TT, JJ Hickson

C- Chandler, Ajinca

Believe it or not i would be willing to move S-Jax also for maybe say JJ Hickson of the Cavs and a draft pick or two. Lets face it guys we need to get younger and cheaper. LB is likely off to yet another city to rebuild and go to the playoffs so lets give the new coach some young players with talent to mold.

If you actually think that NO would make this deal and get rid of the face of their team for two role players you are on crack. Honstly I stopped reading ur post after that line. dumb dumb dumb

Posted

Well you should have kept reading. CP3 is the face of the franchise but he is also becoming a very expensive player to keep around. Not only that Collison has been pretty good and may have earned a chance to start. Also taking Peja Stojakovic's contract all 15,000,000 of it in that trade could make it an even sweeter deal. Moving Boris and Diop would allow us to take Peja's contract. Also lastly to you sir

NO NEED TO BE A DICK. THIS ENTIRE THREAD WAS STARTED BY THE FANTASY OF D WADE PLAYING HERE. CAN I HELP IT I WANT TO RIGHT THE WRONG THAT TAKING FELTON AND MAY OVER A TRADE UP FOR PAUL WAS?

Posted

If you actually think that NO would make this deal and get rid of the face of their team for two role players you are on crack. Honstly I stopped reading ur post after that line. dumb dumb dumb

Actually it's very plausible they trade CP3 for expiring contracts or a piece they need. Collison actually played better last year than CP3, and a TON cheaper. To them it makes sense. Honestly, CP3 is probably the only big time player we could get this off-season, and that's even a big IF.

Posted

I would not be shocked to see us land some kind of big name this summer.

I would also not be shocked if we didn't.

Posted

I'm admitting my lack of knowlege about the way professional basketball's finances work, but could Carlos Boozer be an option for the Bobcats in free agency? He's a PF, which is a position of need for us, and has ties to the Carolinas due to him playing at Duke. I don't know if the Bobcats can afford him, but it seems like he'd be a very good fit in Charlotte.

Posted

I am about to upset quite a few fans. The suggestion will be seen as heresy by some but it has a solid touch of logic. So please try to have a open mind.

A favorite player of mine and many others will have to be on the trading block. The deal is Gerald Wallace and Nzar Mohamed for Chris Paul. We do not resign Raymond Felton. The second part of the restructuring is trading Boris Diaw and Diop to the Washington Wizards for Josh Howard.

My reasoning is i feel the Wizards may be hesitant to keep the somewhat mercurial off court presence that J-Howard is turning out to be after the Arenas Debacle. Getting two solid veteran in exchange is better than just letting him go when his team option clause kicks in. Then to the Hornets. Collison has turned out to be a steal. Paul is increasingly becoming expensive to retain. The Hornets have the aging Peja at SF and not much else. Putting G-Force on the court with West, Thornton, and Collison would be a new look Hornets along with Nzar backing up Omeka.

This would give us a depth chart of

PG- Paul, Augustin

SG- Hendo, Graham

SF- Howard, Brown

PF- TT, JJ Hickson

C- Chandler, Ajinca

Believe it or not i would be willing to move S-Jax also for maybe say JJ Hickson of the Cavs and a draft pick or two. Lets face it guys we need to get younger and cheaper. LB is likely off to yet another city to rebuild and go to the playoffs so lets give the new coach some young players with talent to mold.

Chris Paul and Josh Howard. 2 Winston cats on the squad. A dream come true for me. Lol I like this, they need to get this done.

Posted

Yeah i am a Winston Salem and Lewisville native. My little sister went to High School with Paul so i am a fan. I have my fingers crossed that we can land J-Ho and CP3. We need to get younger. We need a "elite" Point Guard. I would even keep Peja in that deal and field a starting 5 of

PG- Paul > Felton

SG- Howard > S-Jax ( younger)

SF- Peja < G-Force ( but he can hit three's)

PF- TT

C- Chandler

Posted

[Fantasy]Jordan should just trade whatever it takes, except Wallace, to get CP3 and then pay for him and Boozer out of pocket.[/Fantasy]

Posted

Ummmmmmmmm

Since when is Josh Howard good? Pretty sure this guy is an alcoholic.

Posted

Josh Howard not good?

The guy gives you about 17-18ppg, shoots a high fg %, can shoot the 3-ball, 6rpg and is decent defensively. He's just been injured the past couple years with ankle injuries. He's not a star, but a pretty good player. Plus, I dont know where this alcoholic rumor came from

Posted

*Doubts we go after anybody at all, much less get anyone*

In fact, I'm suspecting we lose some and get none, maybe pull a Carolina Panthers and bring in a few journeymen.

Posted

[Fantasy]Jordan should just trade whatever it takes, except Wallace, to get CP3 and then pay for him and Boozer out of pocket.[/Fantasy]

Retain Wallace, grab CP3. That would be nice.

Boozer is good, but I think they should be going for young players, sort of like the Panthers have done lol.