6 replies to this topic

#1 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,452 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 06:53 PM

I really like ESPN's lineup of guys. Rose, Wilbon, Magic, Avery, Bowen, and others. TNT guys get off topic alot (laughing at Barkely more than w/ him). and NBATV bores the hell out of me.

#2 Implied Volatility

Implied Volatility

Evil Speculator

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 06 May 2010 - 07:22 PM

I can't stand the ESPN/ABC crew. I rarely watch their pre-game and halftime shows because they bore me. Plus, they don't have a post-game show. And Mark Jackson is one of the worst NBA commentators I've ever heard. It pains me to listen to him. In my opinion, Jeff Van Gundy is the only good thing about the NBA broadcasts on ESPN/ABC.

The NBA TV crew is OK, nothing special.

I love the guys at TNT. They are pure entertainment. They get off-topic, but you have to remember they're on TV a lot longer than the guys at ESPN/ABC. Sometimes they don't get off air until 2 a.m, so they have to find a way to keep things interesting. I know I wouldn't stay up til 2 a.m if all they did was talk about basketball.

Edited by CarolinaBlue704, 06 May 2010 - 08:49 PM.

#3 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,452 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 08:00 PM

I can't stand the ESPN/ABC crew. I rarely watch their pre-game and halftime shows because they bore me. Plus, they don't have a post-game show. And Mark Jackson is one of the worst NBA commentators I've ever heard. It pains me to listen to him. In my opinion, Jeff Van Gundy is the only good thing about the NBA broadcasts on ESPN/ABC.

The NBA TV crew is OK, nothing special.

I love the guys at TNT. They are pure entertainment. They get off-topic, but you have to remember they're on TV a lot longer than the guys at ESPN/ABC. Sometime they don't get off air until 2 a.m, so they have to find a way to keep things interesting. I know I wouldn't stay up til 2 a.m if all they did was talk about basketball.

I don't care for Jackson. but I do like the guys i mentioned. TNT guys are entertaining...i guess. you suckered me in.

#4 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 06 May 2010 - 08:26 PM

TNT > ESPN/ABC

The ABC guys are boring, and count me in the minority but I think JVG SUCKS!!! He says something stupid every broadcast. Mark Jackson is a Kobe nut hugger. The TNT guys have their biases too, but they're much more entertaining and more direct in their analysis.

#5 Implied Volatility

Implied Volatility

Evil Speculator

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 06 May 2010 - 08:47 PM

TNT > ESPN/ABC

The ABC guys are boring, and count me in the minority but I think JVG SUCKS!!! He says something stupid every broadcast. Mark Jackson is a Kobe nut hugger. The TNT guys have their biases too, but they're much more entertaining and more direct in their analysis.

I didn't really like Jeff Van Gundy as a commentator at first, but he's grown on me for some reason.

Maybe it's because Mark Jackson is so bad.

#6 tarheelblue89

tarheelblue89

More u spend, More u win

• HUDDLER
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 09:27 PM

TNT is tops for me.

I like the Breen/Jackson/Gundy crew, but that's it.

College b-ball announcers top them all.

#7 mj4life

mj4life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 01:51 PM

tnt is my fav as was nbc when they had the nba, i like mike breen but van gundy and jackson are ok not great. seems that HYPE would be able to find better chemistry among their tv talent with all the $$ they have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users