Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Not many things are off limits...

357 posts in this topic

Posted

if you don't want your kids talked about don't ***** them out for attention.

Posted

I don't think the thread itself was a bad idea, but any post that makes an inappropriate comment about a child should be deleted and the poster should be warned/banned.

That would have been the proper thing to do. But, like I said, too many 12 year olds here.

Posted

:confused:

Posted

Wow. The whole thread started as somebody heard Kasay's daughter sing at church and was impressed. It quickly eroded into religious beliefs and child molestation.

Why are you worried about posts on the football board, anyway? Unless his daughter was a Democrat?

Posted

So John Kasay=pimp of his children

Great insight there rodeo.

Posted

I think rodeo (and I am sure those trying to question him also know this, but just see the opportunity to jump on the bash-rodeo wagon) was saying that if you use your child as a pallette for you to paint your beliefs and values upon (not saying that is what Kasay did, nor that every parent doesn't have the right to do so), then you should fully accept the fact that someone that doesn't believe or value the same things has a right to make a mockery of it...

I saw the thread before it went downhill, and honestly, I think those hurling the accusations of religious bigotry here are the ones who actually brought it upon themselves...

Where this went wrong was someone decided we cared what the hell John Kasay's daughter was doing... It was irrelevant to Panthers discussions, and had nothing to do with football...

1 person likes this

Posted

I think rodeo (and I am sure those trying to question him also know this, but just see the opportunity to jump on the bash-rodeo wagon) was saying that if you use your child as a pallette for you to paint your beliefs and values upon (not saying that is what Kasay did, nor that every parent doesn't have the right to do so), then you should fully accept someone that doesn't believe or value the same things making a mockery of it...

I saw the thread before it went downhill, and honestly, I think those hurling the accusations of religious bigotry here are the ones who actually brought it upon themselves...

Where this went wrong was someone decided we cared what the hell John Kasay's daughter was doing... It was irrelevant to Panthers discussions, and had nothing to do with football...

Every parent does that. You're saying someone (famous) can't let his/her child perform at church or some other public or semi-public venue, or if they do they should expect a huge backlash? That's just crazy.

You're saying that "religious bigotry" is OK, because its victims brought it on themselves ... by allowing their child to sing a song in church. Wow, just wow.

1 person likes this

Posted

So...

No one cares that Adam Savage's asshole was there for your viewing pleasure?

Tough crowd.

Posted

Every parent does that. You're saying someone (famous) can't let his/her child perform at church or some other public or semi-public venue, or if they do they should expect a huge backlash?

Negative... I am saying nobody should expect everyone to think their daughter singing in church is cute or awesome... regardless of their status...

I believe parents should provide all explanations and let their children choose their own beliefs... Not force them to absorb their own religious institution...

You're saying that "religious bigotry" is OK, because its victims brought it on themselves ... by allowing their child to sing a song in church. Wow, just wow.

No, I'm not actually... I am saying that the people HERE on CAROLINAHUDDLE.COM brought the bigotry on themselves in this instance, because nobody cares that John Kasay's daughter sang in a church, and to make a whole thread about it was stupid... Whoop ti effing doo...

John Kasay is a person just like you and I, and I don't think even he would have wanted someone starting a thread about what his daughter was doing and where she was doing it...

...and people wonder why athletes often live secluded lives...

They can't even take their kids to church without some wannabe paparazzi making a story about it on the interwebz...

1 person likes this

Posted

I think rodeo (and I am sure those trying to question him also know this, but just see the opportunity to jump on the bash-rodeo wagon) was saying that if you use your child as a pallette for you to paint your beliefs and values upon (not saying that is what Kasay did, nor that every parent doesn't have the right to do so), then you should fully accept the fact that someone that doesn't believe or value the same things has a right to make a mockery of it...

you paint on a canvas. you paint FROM the pallette.

If you're OK'ing the mockery (judgment of... , discrimination against... , etc.) of someone that has differing values from yourself, are you also advocating that same treatment of someone with different skin color? this is the basis of bigotry. just because someone is different than "ME" its ok for "me" to put them down to make myself feel better. if i mock you b/c you look different, should you just be prepared to accept it?

and, i'm having a hard time figuring out how one "brings bigotry on themselves"

Posted

SLJ makes some great points, but I still want to know what was said. What did I miss? It sucks not knowing.

and, i'm having a hard time figuring out how one "brings bigotry on themselves"

He means that the people who are crying about religion being attacked when church is brought up (see previous posts in thread) brought it on themselves in this instance because the thread had nothing to do with the Panthers or football. So, his point was the thread was about the girl singing in church, and had nothing really to do with Panthers football, thus by starting such an irrelevant thread the religious criticism was brought on by the original poster.

Posted

No...SLJ...it's because it's as stupid as highjacking any legitimate thread talking about game day because it might be preceded by a prayer.