80 replies to this topic

#1 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 08:04 PM

You stole a fuggin' war memorial, dumb@sses.

ACLU fail yet again.

Thieves Steal Mojave Desert Memorial Cross in Nighttime Heist

The 7-foot-tall metal cross in a 75-year-old war memorial that withstood the heat of the Mojave Desert and a blazing battle in the Supreme Court over its legality was ripped down and stolen Sunday night, according to federal officials.
"This is an outrage, akin to desecrating people's graves," said Kelly Shackelford, president of the Liberty Institute, which represents the caretakers of the Mojave Desert War Memorial. "It's a disgraceful attack on the selfless sacrifice of our veterans. We will not rest until this memorial is re-installed."
The National Park Service says someone cut the metal bolts holding the metal-pipe cross to the top of the memorial's Sunrise Rock and made off with it Sunday night or before dawn on Monday.
Authorities had no immediate motive for the theft but National Park Service officials are considering a range of ideas from scrap metal scavengers to people "with an interest in the case," said Park Service spokeswoman Linda Slater.
Veterans groups were outraged by the theft.
"The American Legion expects whoever is responsible for this vile act to be brought to justice," said Clarence Hill, the group's national commander. "While the memorial has been attacked, the fight will continue to ensure that veterans memorials will remain sacrosanct."
The Veterans of Foreign Wars first placed a cross on the rock in 1934 to honor troops who died in World War I. The cross that stood at the memorial until this week was erected at a later date.
"To think anyone can rationalize the desecration of a war memorial is sickening, and for them to believe they won't be apprehended is very naïve," said VFW National Commander Thomas J. Tradewell Sr.
The cross has been covered with a tarp or a wooden box since 2002 by a court order to avoid violating federal law mandating the separation of church and state. The 75-year-old monument was the target of a longstanding legal challenge from the ACLU, which charged that the cross is a religious symbol that shouldn't be allowed on public land. The U.S. Supreme Court last month refused to order that it be torn down in a 5-4 decision.
But the Supreme Court also referred the case back to a lower court for further review, forcing the caretakers to continue covering the cross with a pine box. Maintenance workers noticed on Saturday that the box had been removed, and were preparing to restore it Monday morning when they found that the entire cross was missing.
Park officials said the box has been removed "several times" in the past and covered with graffiti at least once -- but that no one had ever before attempted to physically remove the cross itself.
The Liberty Institute is now offering a $25,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction in the case, and the National Park Service has established a tip hotline seeking information leading to the recovery of the cross. Anyone with information is asked to contact the Park Service at (760) 252-6120.

#2 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,246 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 08:07 PM

#3 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

• HUDDLER
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 08:10 PM

I'm stupid

:iamwithstupid:

#4 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,932 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 08:13 PM

color me shocked that authoritarian chucktown would oppose the civil liberties union.

#5 necroplasm

necroplasm

• HUDDLER
  • 2,092 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 08:15 PM

Is this about a stolen cross or pop power metal? lol

#6 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,246 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 08:15 PM

I'm going to laugh so hard if it turns out to be some poor sap who needs money, and probably is a Christian himself.

#7 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,246 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 08:16 PM

I hate dragonforce btw, that's why I posted it here.

#8 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

• HUDDLER
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 08:19 PM

color me shocked that authoritarian chucktown would oppose the civil liberties union.

Just because it's in the name doesn't mean they always DO THAT. 90% of Libertarians don't agree with the ACLU. Please please please...do your fuggin' research before you come at me with sh!t because post after post you show your ignorance is excellent.

SHUTUP SLAVE!!!!!

#9 Starscream

Starscream

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts
  • LocationLaurinburg, NC

Posted 11 May 2010 - 08:30 PM

Never seen Dragonforce before (although I play this song on Guitar Hero all the time). When I first saw the video, I thought the lead singer was Weird Al.:crazy:

#10 Starscream

Starscream

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts
  • LocationLaurinburg, NC

Posted 11 May 2010 - 08:35 PM

As to the original post, it sucks that people would stoop to this level just to make a point (or for whatever reason). Being anti-Christian/religion is ok, but desecrating a war memorial that honors and serves as a memory for those who gave up their lives for our country just shows how worthless some people in our society can be.

#11 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,932 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 08:43 PM

Just because it's in the name doesn't mean they always DO THAT. 90% of Libertarians don't agree with the ACLU. Please please please...do your fuggin' research before you come at me with sh!t because post after post you show your ignorance is excellent.

SHUTUP SLAVE!!!!!

that's because 90% of Libertarians are dumbasses who have no idea what being a civil libertarian is.

the aclu has done more for freedom in this country than any Libertarian.

they ALWAYS take the side of liberty, unlike you. they've even defended the KKK and rush limbaugh.

#12 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

• HUDDLER
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 08:48 PM

that's because 90% of Libertarians are dumbasses who have no idea what being a civil libertarian is.

me, claws, and ingba are the only real libertarians up in this joint.

:rofl:

The more you post the less sense you make.

#13 Starscream

Starscream

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts
  • LocationLaurinburg, NC

Posted 11 May 2010 - 08:51 PM

that's because 90% of Libertarians are dumbasses

90% of Republicans and Democrats are dumbasses as well. Actually, 3/4 of the U.S. (the whole world for that matter) doesn't have a clue.

#14 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,932 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 08:53 PM

:rofl:

The more you post the less sense you make.

when i capitalize i'm referring to the Libertarian party. when i don't, i'm referring to actual libertarians like me.

come on. you're smarter than this.

#15 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 09:03 PM

Takes a lot of blind assumptions to arrive to the idea that anti-Christians took this down, so I think I'll avoid that ideajust yet.

As for now I'll take the batshit crazy Venom angle and just say FALSE FLAG!!111!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com